NVidia
55%
ATI
45%

Total votes: 40

Cüßèli

Postby Cüßèli » Wed May 31, 2006 1:14 pm

AT1 :wink:

BTW MaximumPC has a seperate nVidia ad magazine attached with their own. On the upper left corner of the front page (MaximumPC), a little note printed states, "Minimum BS" -- which seems to indicate their fair article coverage of many hardware components reviewed every month by it's staffers. That to me sounds more like MAXIMUM BS + free shipping. ATi cards for the past 3+ years have out-performed nvidias' top of the line cards, be it image or raw power performance not to forget their outstanding monthly driver update. F.U. Michael Brown :wink:

let me vote again for ATi year after year after year....:D

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed May 31, 2006 1:46 pm

Cube, are you smoking something? Image quality I totally agree. Performance? Uhmmmm.... dude believe it or not nvidia has not just beat but trounced ati for the last 2 or 3 years. I think you have a 9800pro stuck in your retina! :wink:

Cüßèli

Postby Cüßèli » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:14 pm

:lol: nvidia cards are a joke.... just enable antialiasing/anisotrophic + HDR & you tell me who's leading in architecture goodness. Overall i have a better experience w ATI cards over nvidias' crop of crap.

btw HL2 episode1 is out tonight :wink:

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:56 pm

Cüßèli wrote::lol: nvidia cards are a joke.... just enable antialiasing/anisotrophic + HDR & you tell me who's leading in architecture goodness. Overall i have a better experience w ATI cards over nvidias' crop of crap.

Again... are you smoking something Cubelie?

That's the best ati has right now and sorry, still doesn't touch nvidia. Your such a fanboy. :wink:

From http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/sap ... /page5.asp

And yes, I have episode 1 preloaded. 8)

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:40 pm

my 9800xt isn't even on the list anymore :-(

Mr.Hyde

Postby Mr.Hyde » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:13 pm

law.of.averages wrote:my 9800xt isn't even on the list anymore :-(

rofl.

My 4000 probably i'nt even in the top 20. Well.. if there is one....

Good thing I don't play UT2k4 on my comp. :lol:

Me and my shield gun are gonna pull a Michael Jackson with ya. ;)

rob[GL]

Postby rob[GL] » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:21 pm

nonstop wrote:
Cüßèli wrote::lol: nvidia cards are a joke.... just enable antialiasing/anisotrophic + HDR & you tell me who's leading in architecture goodness. Overall i have a better experience w ATI cards over nvidias' crop of crap.

Again... are you smoking something Cubelie?

That's the best ati has right now and sorry, still doesn't touch nvidia. Your such a fanboy. :wink:

From http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/sap ... /page5.asp

And yes, I have episode 1 preloaded. 8)

Half-Life 2 was designed on Nvidia cards, how about you post a wide-range of games, and then tell me who's better...

AGE OF EMPIRES 3
X1900XTX OC 65.3 FPS
7900GTX OC 47.7 FPS
ATI IS 37% FASTER THAN NVIDIA

BLACK AND WHITE 2
X1900XTX OC 29.2 FPS
7900GTX OC 27.8 FPS
ATI IS 5% FASTER THAN NVIDIA

CALL OF DUTY 2
X1900XTX OC 33.9 FPS
7900GTX OC 29.8 FPS
ATI IS 13% FASTER THAN NVIDIA

FEAR
X1900XTX OC 48 FPS
7900GTX OC 41 FPS
ATI IS 16% FASTER THAN NVIDIA

SERIOUS SAM 2
X1900XTX OC 48.1 FPS
7900GTX OC 46.5 FPS
ATI IS 4% FASTER THAN NVIDIA

3DMARK2006
X1900XTX OC 1638 POINTS
7900GTX OC 1508 POINTS
ATI IS 9% FASTER THAN NVIDIA
Everyone may piss in the pool but you have to be extra mean to do it from the high diving board.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:25 pm

Rob..

1) your graphics didn't post.

2) your incorrect about Half Life. ATI worked very closely with Valve on that title and it runs much better on ATI cards. The newer nvidia cards actually run it faster now though.

3) You listed AOEIII as a choice and rts are heavily dependand cpu processing so they are rarely used to show gpu performance. :wink:

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:00 pm

nonstop wrote:Rob..

1) your graphics didn't post.

2) your incorrect about Half Life. ATI worked very closely with Valve on that title and it runs much better on ATI cards. The newer nvidia cards actually run it faster now though.

3) You listed AOEIII as a choice and rts are heavily dependand cpu processing so they are rarely used to show gpu performance. :wink:

Oh yeah, and ATI couldn't write a decent driver to save their damn lives.
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

rob[GL]

Postby rob[GL] » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:47 am

You fanboy.

Yes, I realize you run this show, but I don't take snide comments lightly...
The graphics show up fine on my machine, if you REALLY cared enough, you would copy and paste the links into your browser to check out the graphs... But obviously your stuck thinking Nvidia is the best thing since sliced bread.

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but you're denying strait proof... AOE 3 is heavily CPU dependant? So what does that have to do with this situation?
You have; ONE PROCESSOR, AND ONE BOARD, AND ONE HDD, AND ONE SET OF RAM, and the only thing you change is the video card... Magically when you pop in the ATi card, you get 37% increase... What does CPU have to do with anything? The cpu stayed the same, only the video card changed...

The Catalyst 6.3's are amazing drivers, and while they had problems releasing drivers in the past, they have come a long way... Every graphics card manufacturer has been caught putting driver cheats in to optimize benchmarks, not just ATi... What about Nvidia's not rendering shadows?

Dude, whatever, you're obviously very set in your ways... Enjoy your overpriced underpowered hardware.
Everyone may piss in the pool but you have to be extra mean to do it from the high diving board.

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:13 am

rob[GL] wrote:The graphics show up fine on my machine, if you REALLY cared enough, you would copy and paste the links into your browser to check out the graphs...

Why would anyone assume that the links would be valid if they're already not showing the image? Debug your own message.

rob[GL] wrote:AOE 3 is heavily CPU dependant? So what does that have to do with this situation?

Because the CPU is spending more time calculating moves, and working on strategy than it is telling the GPU about changes. I can get 200 fps on my 10 year old ATI Rage 3 Turbo Pro PC to TV play as long as I'm rendering the same frame over and over.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:12 am

rob[GL] wrote:You fanboy.

Yes, I realize you run this show, but I don't take snide comments lightly...
The graphics show up fine on my machine, if you REALLY cared enough, you would copy and paste the links into your browser to check out the graphs... But obviously your stuck thinking Nvidia is the best thing since sliced bread.

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but you're denying strait proof... AOE 3 is heavily CPU dependant? So what does that have to do with this situation?
You have; ONE PROCESSOR, AND ONE BOARD, AND ONE HDD, AND ONE SET OF RAM, and the only thing you change is the video card... Magically when you pop in the ATi card, you get 37% increase... What does CPU have to do with anything? The cpu stayed the same, only the video card changed...

The Catalyst 6.3's are amazing drivers, and while they had problems releasing drivers in the past, they have come a long way... Every graphics card manufacturer has been caught putting driver cheats in to optimize benchmarks, not just ATi... What about Nvidia's not rendering shadows?

Dude, whatever, you're obviously very set in your ways... Enjoy your overpriced underpowered hardware.

Dang. Who's the fanboy? Ati comes out with one card, the x1900xtx in 3 years that beats an nvidia card by a few fps, which the human eye can't see, and you come in with your guns blazing.

Dragon is correct btw about the drivers, look at any article and their support of linux is aweful.

Also, who cares? It's a freakin video card. :shock: Chill dude. Seriously, do you have ati stock or are you just a fanboy by nature? :wink:

Ace

Postby Ace » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:43 am

Oh you mean how Nvidahax writes their drivers to detect if benchmark program is running, then drop frames to increase their scores?

I loved that scandal a few years ago.

*for the record I don't give a crap, I'll buy the best performance/price ratio card when I need one. Getting 60fps vs 50fps doesn't do anything except make your e-penis bigger...cuz you can't tell the difference.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:59 am

Ace wrote:Oh you mean how Nvidahax writes their drivers to detect if benchmark program is running, then drop frames to increase their scores?

I loved that scandal a few years ago.

*for the record I don't give a crap, I'll buy the best performance/price ratio card when I need one. Getting 60fps vs 50fps doesn't do anything except make your e-penis bigger...cuz you can't tell the difference.

Your right! I loved my 9800pro. *sighs Plus the difference in a few fps is just silly. My epenis is huge though! :P

rob[GL]

Postby rob[GL] » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:26 pm

The links work for me, as I said previously... And *IF* you cared enough, you *WOULD* check the links yourself... You obviously are just an Nvidia user, so you don't want to see the evidence...

The *ONLY* point in time that Nvidia was better than ATi was back around the GeForce 3 Ti500... Ever since, ATi and Nvidia have been about on par with one another... Every time either company releases a video card, the other would come out with something bigger and better...

They go back and forth, and are usually quite even when it comes to performance...

You cannot deny that ATi has far superior 2D quality, video playback and such. And I even acknowledged that in the past, the driver team was very weak... Give them credit where credit is due, they have come a long way software wise...

I am not an ATi fanboy, I also go where the best bang for my buck is... Which just happens to be ATi... When I bought my X1800XT512MB the 7800GTX 512MB was *DOUBLE* the price... I got my ATi for $600CAD, and the Nvidia equivalent was $1200.

Just last week, I read a review that said Nvidia's new 7900GT KO Superclock was faster than the 7800GTX and the X1900XTX... So you know what I did?

I bought TWO of them and an SLi mainboard, and built myself an NVIDIA system... Then I built myself an identical ATi system, with ONE video card...

And the ATi system with 1 video card, hands down, destroyed DUAL 7900's... So you tell me what's up now?

I'm not against using an Nvidia product, I had an NF4 mainboard for a year, because it was the best platform for AMD, at that time...

I'm not a fanboy, I just look at the FACTS... ATi is better for the $$

3FPS don't mean shit. Image quality is everything to me.

And law.of.averages, you totally missed the point.

Return to “site polls”