Remembering Michelle - March of Dimes 2006

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

law.of.averages

Remembering Michelle - March of Dimes 2006

Postby law.of.averages » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:32 am

I need to be serious for just a moment.

For those new folks that don't know the story...

In July of 2004, after a few months of almost constant 'morning sickness' ... and just when things looked like they were settling down, my wife ended up in the hospital because of some hemoraging and very high blood pressure. Over the next month her blood pressure continued to rise despite the hospital's best efforts to keep it down. Eventually she was transferred to Arnold Palmer Hospital in Orlando Fl, where on August 25th, 2004, my daughter Michelle Elizabeth was delivered by emergency C-Section. Michelle was about 16 weeks early... She weighed only 534 grams (1lb, 3oz) The hospital staff did everything they could, but Michelle was just too tiny to survive, and left us in the early morning hours of September 1, 2004.

In memory of Michelle, my wife and I will be walking in this year's WalkAmerica to raise money for the March of Dimes ... and hopefully to prevent other parents from going through what pain we have.

This year's walk will be on 4/29/2006 at 6:00 PM in Cocoa Beach at Lori Wilson Park. Anyone wanting to join our team, or to donate to the March of Dimes on our behalf can do so at http://www.walkamerica.com/jfiorello68

Nick / Law.of.Averages

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:04 am

done.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:08 am

My family donates every year, along with the Lukemia, Muscular Dystrophy, and MS organizations also. I will scrape up what I can and put it under your name. Thanks for letting us know!

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:18 am

Law...
I was not aware that this happened, so it feels a bit awkward offering condolences now; but I am very sorry for your loss, and I understand it.

My wife is pregnant with our second child, and has already been hospitalized twice for pre-term labor contractions... She had the same issues with our first, and I literally count every day that goes by as the doctors are concerned that she could go into labor at any time.

I will certainly make a donation to MoD on your behalf. Good luck with the walk.
*Beer -&- UT*

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:38 am

Thanks guys... I certianly don't want anyone to feel awkward or obligated.

Don't give if you can't afford it! I've been in that state where every penny matters, and I don't want to make *that* worse for anyone.

Don't feel like you've got to dance around the subject. We don't mind talking about Michelle, and will answer anyone's questions about her, or our situation.

This is our second year walking, and is a our way to give Michelle's brief life some kind of meaning.

Ace

Postby Ace » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:01 am

Anonymous (because I don't want it to getting out that I'm a nice guy)

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:31 am

My friend walks in this. I donate to her walk as I will be happy to donate to yours. I think its a great cause. We need to help those poor innocent babies and more research can help increase their chance of survival.
Last edited by -Jeta- on Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... WTF ...

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:48 am

Done.

Your story touched me the first time you shared it and again today. I know many of us have been touched by your story and thank you for putting a message out about it.

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:02 pm

Thanks guys... Your rapid response show's what a great community Ti is...

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:11 pm

You should have a donation from me by the end of the night...Glad to support the cause!!!
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Rom

Postby Rom » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:24 pm

Thats done my good friend.I am very sorry for you bro,i dint know that you and your wifehave been true so difficult things in your life.I wish you the best man.

Ps:dont forget we are a big familly and we are there for you :wink: :wink:

Take care
The Deadly Frenchies

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:21 am

I can already tell that Mrs. Law will need to put in some overtime on her thank-you notices... But I'll say it again... Thanks everyone!

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:56 am

wow law,

a very touching story. the march of dimes is a great cause and i've seen first hand what a difference it can make in childrens lives.

I think it's incredible that you and your wife speak openly about your experience. that's what blows the winds of change. i'm certain that my donation and everyone else's will make a difference in someones life.

rock on bro!
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:44 am

me turn :)
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

law.of.averages

Happy Mind, Sore Feet

Postby law.of.averages » Mon May 01, 2006 2:08 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped make our walk a great success.

We arrived on the beach about 30 minutes late, so we were in last place most, if not all of the way. It was windy, but not cold.

We 'officially' raised $960, with some late donations throwing the total over $1000.

Thanks Everyone!

Nick / Law

Return to “thoughts... more or less”