For those software and registry experts

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

ClownMajik
SpoogeMan!

For those software and registry experts

Postby ClownMajik » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:42 pm

Im sitting at one of my old places of employment trying to get some adobe programs working. The PC is currently running windows 2000 with service pack 4. I tried to install illustrator 9.0 and CS (legit copies) but the programs run extremely slow. Also the tool panel does not work on either program. However I do have photoshop CS and some other publishing software that works just fine. Is this a registry problem? I reinstalled all the software many times (including manually deleting any files not uninstalled by windows). Aside from none of the tools working, the file menus to work (although very slowly. [20 some second delays]) I can freely open and close the software without issues. If it matters, the PC is also running the current version of PC Maclan, PC Maclan print server and nortan system works (Gah lame program!!)
"Of all the moments in my life, you were always there somewhere. Once as a wish. Once as a blessing. And now as the greatest loss I'll ever experience."

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:46 pm

hmmmm.... Interesting problem.

Had you installed the patches for these programs? (I think that Illus. is up to 9.0.2 now, or something).

If so, and it is still giving you problems: Adobe products are notorious for having bad installations if you have certain programs running in the background while installing...
I would restart your machine in safe (or simplified) mode, confirm that nothing else is running, and then install and patch everything Adobe.

gl Clown.
*Beer -&- UT*

Dr.Feelgood

Postby Dr.Feelgood » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:52 pm

I agree with beernut. Also, system specs would be good.
Because I really don't have anything interesting to say for the most part...

"Hi mom!"

Return to “thoughts... more or less”