What did you get.... for christmas

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:24 am

Vendetta wrote:F.E.A.R Still playen the game in single player mode pretty kewl, yet pretty repetitive sadly. Save your money.

As repetative as Halo?

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:41 am

law.of.averages wrote:
Vendetta wrote:F.E.A.R Still playen the game in single player mode pretty kewl, yet pretty repetitive sadly. Save your money.

As repetative as Halo?

I have it law and got a big thrill and about 1/3 the way in got bored. Halo also had some very neat things; story, world, interesting a.i. and yet sadly gave itself over to monotony. It would have been great if some of the repetitive hallways were taken out but then gamers bitch about a game being to short. Give me short, inventive and nonrepetitive. I like to play games like ut2k4 where every map is different every time you log in and everything has a new feel and..... hold it.... :o

1/2LuNaTiC

Postby 1/2LuNaTiC » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:12 pm

Halo deserves to burned.....can't stand all the Halo/Xbox fanboys who claim it's the "greatest" fps.

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:29 pm

I agree, it wasn't very innovative like everyone claims it to be. It is just another FPS, and it COULD have been cool if they didn't release it on the Xbox. I think that is the main reason the Xbox took off was Halo. Anyway, FPS's belong on a keyboard and mouse, no doubt about it.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:59 pm

consoles never really got a good fps so they get one that's ok with halo and they all go ape. Poor souls.

1/2LuNaTiC

Postby 1/2LuNaTiC » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:34 pm

I still like the original Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for N64. Dunno about Perfect Dark Zero since I don't care for Xbox 360.

Naix

Postby Naix » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:39 pm

1/2LuNaTiC wrote:I still like the original Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for N64. Dunno about Perfect Dark Zero since I don't care for Xbox 360.

I grew up on that Goldeneye game, still miss my N64

good times....
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:55 pm

nonstop wrote:
law.of.averages wrote:

As repetative as Halo?

I have it law and got a big thrill and about 1/3 the way in got bored.

kk, my wife got a copy from her Brother for christmas... If it's 'same old hallway-bridge again' like halo, I'll wait for the movie :-)

Return to “thoughts... more or less”