Bye Bye Blizzard

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Bye Bye Blizzard

Postby pewterdragn » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:46 pm

more guys leaving blizzard for greener pastures:

"Looks like the long and happy life provided by Blizzard North isn't by far as long or as happy as it would seem to outsiders. This fact has been prouved some years ago by Bill Roper, when he left the studio. Now, other three more musketeers followed his example and left Blizzard too. They've decided to go on their own and found a new studio, called Hyboreal Games. Who are they? Well, let's present them in a completely random order: Eric Sexton, Michio Okamura and Steven Woo. As for their previous experience, I'll just mention that, during their Blizzard years, they have been working hard on the Diablo francise. Need I say more?
For the moment, Hyboreal Games is fueled only by good intentions and lots of ambition. Their official website hardly gives any information. The only things you can find there is the name of the first project, called Starfall and a game-related artwork, presenting an extremely "gifted" woman. What kind of game will it be? What's its story be like? We'll sure find out in the future. Until then, keep in mind that these guys come with Diablo experience in their heads. I, for one, consider this a pretty nice clue"

http://www.playfuls.com/news_4028_Hybor ... zzard.html
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

nonstop

Re: Bye Bye Blizzard

Postby nonstop » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:06 pm

pewterdragn wrote:more guys leaving blizzard for greener pastures:

"Looks like the long and happy life provided by Blizzard North isn't by far as long or as happy as it would seem to outsiders. This fact has been prouved some years ago by Bill Roper, when he left the studio. Now, other three more musketeers followed his example and left Blizzard too. They've decided to go on their own and found a new studio, called Hyboreal Games. Who are they? Well, let's present them in a completely random order: Eric Sexton, Michio Okamura and Steven Woo. As for their previous experience, I'll just mention that, during their Blizzard years, they have been working hard on the Diablo francise. Need I say more?
For the moment, Hyboreal Games is fueled only by good intentions and lots of ambition. Their official website hardly gives any information. The only things you can find there is the name of the first project, called Starfall and a game-related artwork, presenting an extremely "gifted" woman. What kind of game will it be? What's its story be like? We'll sure find out in the future. Until then, keep in mind that these guys come with Diablo experience in their heads. I, for one, consider this a pretty nice clue"

http://www.playfuls.com/news_4028_Hybor ... zzard.html

The guys from guild wars left blizzard before Bill Roper to make your new addiction Pewt, but you probably knew that. Pretty standard once a co gets bigger for some to leave, i.e. john romero from ID and the list could go on forever.

Should be interesting to see what they come up with.

Naix

Postby Naix » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:48 pm

pwt, dump GW and play WoW!

WoW > EQ2 > EVE > GW

But i will love UT forever
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:53 pm

Whatever ... GW is a one time cost while WoW sucks money from you each month and they are the same comparable games so :P
... WTF ...

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:55 pm

I'll never play WoW... monthly fees and the Warden... no thanks :?
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Naix

Postby Naix » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:49 pm

same comparable games? :P Once you play WoW, you'll never wanna go back!
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:02 pm

WoW upsideown is MoM

and there's my intelligent contribution to this thread :lol:

1/2LuNaTiC

Postby 1/2LuNaTiC » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:53 pm

Naix wrote:same comparable games? :P Once you play WoW, you'll never wanna go back!

I played for 1 month, well actually I played for like 7 days total of the whole month. PvP irritated me too much so I quit and went GW, not to mention I didn't wanna pay for it :P :cry:

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:29 pm

Lun, if you played a pvp server that's a poor choice until you know the game. I don't play pvp because that sucks. The rpg servers and pve servers are totally different as you don't have to fight anyone and if you want to you can ask someone but they don't have to accept.

I have played a few chars on GW and several on WOW and WOW is superior in every way. It better be because you pay for it but everything about it is more robust and easier to do.

I still like what GW does because it is free and still a good and fun game.

Naix

Postby Naix » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:31 pm

1/2LuNaTiC wrote:
Naix wrote:same comparable games? :P Once you play WoW, you'll never wanna go back!

I played for 1 month, well actually I played for like 7 days total of the whole month. PvP irritated me too much so I quit and went GW, not to mention I didn't wanna pay for it :P :cry:

You started on a pvp server? that musta sucked. Yeah, the leets gank the newbs, need to have a good feel of what your doing to put up with/ survive the griefers. Im finding PvE more fun right now

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:34 pm

well, if y'all hurry you can still sign up for an Anarchy Online froob account... you won't see me there (kicked that habit) ...

but from what I can tell, complexity wise...it's as far beyond WoW as WoW is beyond GW...

1/2LuNaTiC

Postby 1/2LuNaTiC » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:44 pm

I started my own PvE character and used my friends PvP account to get a feel for some other things. I wasn't dumb enough to start on PvP :P . I can name a lot of ways WoW is superior myself, but I'll stick with GW for now. :D

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:32 pm

Im not knocking Warcraft ... I actually quite enjoy playing Warcraft III. I have seen WoW and it looks like a good game ... but I just think its wrong to hit plp up after you paid for the game once. Thats why I never gave a second glance to the Everquest series when it came out!
... WTF ...

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:25 pm

Yeah, I was actually about to install WC3 again.
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

DoubleGrubble

Postby DoubleGrubble » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:13 am

I Play FFXI. Its fun, and the settings are majestic.
Appointed Shield Gun King of Tribal Instinct's Server. :D http://www.opendreams.net/jesse/images/ ... worm.2.jpg

Return to “thoughts... more or less”