transformers 2....

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

myxxplyxx

Re: transformers 2....

Postby myxxplyxx » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:56 am

movies have elements regardless of how it differs form the original cartoon series...

I think Poark hit the nail on the head...storyline...dialog...then explosions...stripper girls....etc. :?

I made the unfortunate mistake of seeing terminator salvation...lots of explosions and decent cg
but they should have paid me to sit through that shit. how do you "f" franchises like this up...it should be out of the ballpark every time..
there's already so much existing fanbase/legend/stories...
Go see it Sid for crying out loud and report back. 8)
"Green eggs and spam...I would not eat them with a fox, I would not..."

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:19 am

10-4. going on saturday.
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:00 am

For Sid: See it today... http://www.woot.com/

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:06 pm

still processing movie, update to come soon

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:27 pm

slow CPU, lol
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:24 pm

I thought it was pretty good. Didn't have as many one-liners as the first one, but the action scenes were very sweet. Now I just have to figure out whether to buy the DVD or Blue-Ray version when it's released.

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:31 am

let me premise this by saying that i am a transfan and have been since i was a kid. but what i'm going to try to give you is a non-biased view of this movie. ya ya ya i've read all the reviews by the critics. but you know what? the theater i was in was packed! people were laughing, clapping, and crying. the movie wasn't perfect, no way. so i don't know why the critics have such a hard time with this movie. but here's my take.

this movie is 2:19 long. it felt like 45 minutes. the previews seemed to be longer than this movie. only once did i get the feeling like this movie was starting to drag. but that was short lived once the adventure picked up.

contrary to critics reviews, this movie is not all, boom boom, explode explode, kill kill. there is plenty of down time. in fact, there is a lot more down time than i expected. i do understand some of the critics complaints. parts of the movie are very fast paced and you actually have to pay attention to keep up. fortunately almost all of those are the action sequences are absolutely incredible and very, very entertaining.

another thing i know many "experts" had problems with was the storyline or lackthereof. i left the theater not understanding their complaints. the story was pretty obvious and never did i think that it ever got lost. there were a couple sub-plots going on but they all took a back seat the main plot which was always front and center...yes even during battle scenes. one complaint i read was(and i'm serious here) "why would i want to waste my time and money watching a movie about giant morphing alien robots, it's rediculous." OF COURSE IT'S REDICULOUS! that's why you go see it! you're watching a movie adaptation of a cartoon, it's fantasy, entertainment! if you want reality go watch network television.

beyond my rant i must give the writers, directors, and producers credit. the storyline of this movie is very much TRANSFORMERS. if you were a fan of the 80's cartoon parts of this movie will be very familiar. if you weren't, the characters explain everything, sometimes in fairly lengthy detail. my only complaint is that you must pay attention to what they say because sometimes some of the dialog gets lost in the sound effects or the soundtrack. i don't know if that's the theaters problem or the movies issue, but it was a slight annoyance.

for those of you small kids, you may want to see the movie first. there is language, but nothing that teens haven't heard before, hence the PG-13 rating. some of it is crude but nothing i thought was over the top. there is tragedy. some beloved characters don't always walk away from conflicts. so if your kids have a hard time with that, take notice. the movie is also very loud. as in decibels loud. evidently they wanted you to feel it as well as see it.

on top of all that, there are incredible triumphs. heroic characters are very much challenged and most of the time they step up to overcome those challenges. when they did, people actually cheered in the theater. it was a very cool experience.

i noted a lot more humor in this movie compared to the first. maybe not so many one liners, but perhaps more funny characters. i don't think this movie was as serious as the first, i think director wanted to reach a broader base and make it more fun for everyone. many of the jokes will go right over the younger kids heads. many of them will go by so fast they won't even be able to pick them up. however, the kids will enjoy the physical bantor between the twins.

the movie is a roller coaster ride of emotional ups and downs, incredible action sequences, thin character development, great voice actors, and great characters. but on top of all that, it was an experience, it was fun. if you go looking for a mind blowing story with great dialog you'll be disappointed. it's an action adventure movie that's meant to be easy and fun. i hope you enjoy it.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

read at your own risk!!!

one thing i keep hearing is "was sam in heaven?" the answer is no. sam was interfacing with the matrix.

Return to “thoughts... more or less”