Epic hates You

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Epic hates You

Postby pewterdragn » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:01 am

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53846

Following Epic's statement that the next iteration of its popular Unreal Engine development tools will target the PlayStation 4 and next Xbox first, president Mike Capps has roughly estimated that the next generation will run from 2012 to 2018.

"We've got Unreal [Engine] 4 in production right now," Capps said at GamesFest, according to Gamasutra "It's going to be in the next console generation--our rough guess is 2012 [to] 2018."

In its early years, Epic was primarily focused on PC software and technology with titles such as Jazz Jackrabbit and Unreal Tournament. Like many other formerly PC-centric companies, such as Microsoft, the studio has since become a major player in the console market.

"Version 4 [of Unreal Engine] will exclusively target the next console generation," founder Tim Sweeney said earlier this year. "Microsoft's successor for the Xbox 360, Sony's successor for the Playstation 3--and if Nintendo ships a machine with similar hardware specs, then that also...PCs will follow after that."

The current version of Epic's Unreal technology, Unreal Engine 3, has proven to be a popular choice for numerous PC and consoles developers as they craft titles for multiple platforms while attempting to take advantage of each platform's strengths.
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Re: Epic hates You

Postby pewterdragn » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:02 am

maybe its time to find another game.... everyone still like COD4? I've only played the demo...
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:43 am

I will stick with ut2004.
Still the best game out there.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Duffy

Postby Duffy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:10 am

COD4 is not bad regardless of what Pork says. Still play alot of UTK4 though. Haven;t tried UT3 in forever think I need to uninstall it.
Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity !

Ace

Postby Ace » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:44 pm

The bigger story here is Dragn is pretending he plays games anymore! I'll believe Jeta has given up booze before I believe this BS! Nice try, but you can't fool Ace.

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:06 pm

Ace wrote:The bigger story here is Dragn is pretending he plays games anymore! I'll believe Jeta has given up booze before I believe this BS! Nice try, but you can't fool Ace.

Yea i bet he plays games... just none on the computer.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:01 pm

pewterdragn wrote:http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53846

Following Epic's statement that the next iteration of its popular Unreal Engine development tools will target the PlayStation 4 and next Xbox first, president Mike Capps has roughly estimated that the next generation will run from 2012 to 2018.

"We've got Unreal [Engine] 4 in production right now," Capps said at GamesFest, according to Gamasutra "It's going to be in the next console generation--our rough guess is 2012 [to] 2018."

In its early years, Epic was primarily focused on PC software and technology with titles such as Jazz Jackrabbit and Unreal Tournament. Like many other formerly PC-centric companies, such as Microsoft, the studio has since become a major player in the console market.

"Version 4 [of Unreal Engine] will exclusively target the next console generation," founder Tim Sweeney said earlier this year. "Microsoft's successor for the Xbox 360, Sony's successor for the Playstation 3--and if Nintendo ships a machine with similar hardware specs, then that also...PCs will follow after that."

The current version of Epic's Unreal technology, Unreal Engine 3, has proven to be a popular choice for numerous PC and consoles developers as they craft titles for multiple platforms while attempting to take advantage of each platform's strengths.

Excuse my Rom... but fuk those poosies at Epic.

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:27 pm

pewterdragn wrote:maybe its time to find another game.... everyone still like COD4? I've only played the demo...
I tried the COD4 demo and disliked it. I never got the full game.

Even those, like Trinity, who were gung ho for COD4 for a while seem to have lost some of their enthusiasm.

I still love UT2k4 the best.
Deadly

Rom

Postby Rom » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:53 pm

lol Law :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Deadly Frenchies

Return to “thoughts... more or less”