New UT3 SCREEN SHOTS

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Porkinator

New UT3 SCREEN SHOTS

Postby Porkinator » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:15 am

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Deadly
Clan Leader

Re: New UT3 SCREEN SHOTS

Postby Deadly » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:47 am

I notice that most of the shots are in dark environments, night time, twilight, etc.

I foresee difficulty (pun intended) in being able to see opponents. I hope the company releases a few well lit DM maps with the game.

The monsters are eye candy, there's no doubt about it. Invasion may be even more fun in UT3.
Deadly

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:41 am

The last news from Epic's official forum indicates that Invasion will not be released as a stock gametype.

Obviously, this still could change, and I'm sure that someone would code a third party mod if neccessary... but it may be a bit before we see a good, playable version of that gametype.

The jury is still out on visibility, but I am a bit nervous at this point...
I am taking the screen shots and videos with a grain of salt, since gamma and brightness haven't been tweaked... However, most of the shots that I have seen have a very dark feel to them, and the skins don't always stick out particularly well... It would REALLY be a bummer if this game requires a brightskin mut to make it remotely enjoyable. :|
*Beer -&- UT*

ClownMajik
SpoogeMan!

Postby ClownMajik » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:44 am

BeerNut wrote: It would REALLY be a bummer if this game requires a brightskin mut to make it remotely enjoyable. :|

What.. you don't like players sneaking up on you? I do that even with bright skins!
"Of all the moments in my life, you were always there somewhere. Once as a wish. Once as a blessing. And now as the greatest loss I'll ever experience."

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:25 pm

ClownMajik wrote:What.. you don't like players sneaking up on you? I do that even with bright skins!

Quite the contrary... Sneaking up on opponents and gaining a tactical advantage has always been a HUGE part of the UT series that I greatly enjoy. But like you said, this can be done with brightskins on, and has no bearing whatsoever on the visibility discussion at hand.

We are talking about the ability to see your opponent when they are plainly in front of you, and within a reasonable range... Anyone who has ever played UT2k4 with stock settings, in Compressed, against a Matrix skin knows that without some type of brightskins adjustment, 2k4 is visibly broken.
Hence: UTComp

A similar FUBAR on UT3's visibility would be a problem.
*Beer -&- UT*

ClownMajik
SpoogeMan!

Postby ClownMajik » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:37 pm

Problem? Shoot first then.
"Of all the moments in my life, you were always there somewhere. Once as a wish. Once as a blessing. And now as the greatest loss I'll ever experience."

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:54 pm

ClownMajik wrote:Problem? Shoot first then.

So your solution to one skin being vastly more visible than another in a dual is : "Shoot first"

riiiiiiiiight. :?

qualudes > *

:wink:
*Beer -&- UT*

darklight

Postby darklight » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:38 pm

does anyone know the exact release date? i know november but first week second week?
amd 64 x2 4800+
asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe MB
ocz platinum 1gb x 2 pc3200
WD 80gb HD
sapphire x1900xtx
OCZ game X stream 700w

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:36 pm

BeerNut wrote:
ClownMajik wrote:Problem? Shoot first then.

So your solution to one skin being vastly more visible than another in a dual is : "Shoot first"

riiiiiiiiight. :?

qualudes > *

:wink:

I have to agree with Mr n-UT on this one. I for one never gave into the temptation to change my skin from the UT 2003 Thorax ... knowing full well that it makes me an easy target. I just don't see it as "right" to hide behind an 'invisible' character model.

Return to “thoughts... more or less”