Stirring up trouble

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Stirring up trouble

Postby pewterdragn » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:40 pm

Keith Olbermann: Death of Habeas Corpus

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-aeCc_UYLM8

Oops... Did I just post flamebait?
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:32 pm

ZOMG i love our liberal news media. in fact, i love our liberal news media about as much as i love our conservative news media.

he failed to mention that both FDR and GWB(one a democrat and one a republican) lead this wonderful country out of what may have been two of the most tragic events in our country's history. that is so typical of the news media. they fail to mention the positive but highlight the negative.
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:37 pm

Well, then your run into the problem that in some stories, there really is no positive to report. If someone blows up a mosque in Fallujah, say, should they report, "Slightly burnt carpet and cooked meat that looks suspiciously like pork, on sale at Crazy Mohammed's!". Still, like you said, most of the news just seems to highlight negative aspects.

On a different note, you can't compare World war II+ The Great Depression to WTC and the Iraq war, they simply cannot compare in scale.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:03 pm

omg he makes me want to get sick. I hate bush but Keith Oberman should have stayed making funny ESPN replay calls.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:35 pm

Somehow I forced myself to watch the full 7 minutes of this hysterical liberal bedwetting whining chickenshit lowlife muthafucking commie cocksucking sonofalowlifesurvybitch and I have to disagree with him.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:36 pm

Porkinator wrote:Somehow I forced myself to watch the full 7 minutes of this hysterical liberal bedwetting whining chickenshit lowlife muthafucking commie cocksucking sonofalowlifesurvybitch and I have to disagree with him.

Pork, I think you're holding back. Tell us how you really feel. We won't judge you.

nonstop

Re: Stirring up trouble

Postby nonstop » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:16 pm

pewterdragn wrote:Keith Olbermann: Death of Habeas Corpus

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-aeCc_UYLM8

Oops... Did I just post flamebait?

I love Olbermann. :wink: Pwter you started this so you could lock it when pork looses it again didn't you. lol Just had to get one more locked thread on pork before 07. :lol:

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:38 pm

I think someone needs to call the "WAAmbulance" for Pork. :wink:

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:34 pm

Avaris wrote:I think someone needs to call the "WAAmbulance" for Pork. :wink:

haha!

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:47 am

Porkinator wrote:Somehow I forced myself to watch the full 7 minutes of this hysterical liberal bedwetting whining chickenshit lowlife muthafucking commie cocksucking sonofalowlifesurvybitch and I have to disagree with him.

So what specifically do you disagree with in Olberman's commentary?

That habeous corpus has been suspended?

That habeous corpus is fundamental to American's freedom from potential govenmental oppression?

That Bush can now declare you an enemy alien or combatent while you have no legal way to force him in court to show probable cause for your arrest?

That people have been imprisoned and tortured in our name, by our government without trial, or the minimum legal protections guaranteed by the Constitution?

et cetera....

And, how is a protest against an attack against the fundamental liberties of our country "liberal"? Doesn't a citizen's demand for those fundamental liberties transcend partisan politics?

I do not believe that you or other true conservatives hold torture by any other name as an American or patriotic value.

I do not believer that you or any true conservative think that giving up the basic guarantees and protections from government built into our Constitution is patriotic or wise.

I do not believe that you would trust the powers that Bush has claimed for himself as president in the hands of Hillary Clinton, or a truely liberal Democratic president.

I suspect that you will read this as an attack on your ideas or on conservatives in general. Not so.

Basically, I am curious.

I wonder if you are simply defending the president in general, or if you see flaws in Olberman's arguements that I somehow in my liberal insanity have missed. Oh wait, that should be my "behysterical liberal bedwetting whining chickenshit lowlife muthafucking commie cocksucking sonofalowlifesurvybitch(ing)" liberal insanity, shouldn't it?

Anyway, I'd love to get your specific objections to Olberman's arguements, if you 're so inclined to share them.
Deadly

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:39 am

Deadly: You don't post often, but when you do ... wow

Let's turn this into a happy thread. Lets list all the good things the country has accomplished since the 2004 re-election

1. ... um ...

Ace

Postby Ace » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:28 am

For the record, it's funny as hell when the admin posts flame bait on his own message board...

I'm not a psychology major, but I'm going to read between the lines, the question we need to ask is why Dragn would post this? After intense deep thought, my theory, he wants us bickering amongst ourselves...so in game we go after each other for our differences....clearly leaving his ass alone and he get get lots of cheap kills on us.

Dragn, I can see through your lies and instead of shooting Pork because he's Pro-Bush...I'm shooting you because you are Pro-Trouble-maker! :P

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:36 am

deadly wrote:

That habeous corpus is fundamental to American's freedom from potential govenmental oppression?

That Bush can now declare you an enemy alien or combatent while you have no legal way to force him in court to show probable cause for your arrest?

That people have been imprisoned and tortured in our name, by our government without trial, or the minimum legal protections guaranteed by the Constitution?

et cetera....

And, how is a protest against an attack against the fundamental liberties of our country "liberal"? Doesn't a citizen's demand for those fundamental liberties transcend partisan politics?

I do not believe that you or other true conservatives hold torture by any other name as an American or patriotic value.

I do not believer that you or any true conservative think that giving up the basic guarantees and protections from government built into our Constitution is patriotic or wise.

I do not believe that you would trust the powers that Bush has claimed for himself as president in the hands of Hillary Clinton, or a truely liberal Democratic president.

I suspect that you will read this as an attack on your ideas or on conservatives in general. Not so.

Basically, I am curious.

I wonder if you are simply defending the president in general, or if you see flaws in Olberman's arguements that I somehow in my liberal insanity have missed. Oh wait, that should be my "behysterical liberal bedwetting whining chickenshit lowlife muthafucking commie cocksucking sonofalowlifesurvybitch(ing)" liberal insanity, shouldn't it?

Anyway, I'd love to get your specific objections to Olberman's arguements, if you 're so inclined to share them.

Basically Deadly it is thatOberman has no credibility as a journalist
and results to name calling and calling Bush a lair is not any way for me to listen to your point of view with an open mind. He is a whiny left wing punk trying to make his name by jumping on the
Bash Bush bandwagon amd my major objection is HIM personally
cause trying to take me seriously on any subject is like discussing theology with Hitler Bin Laden or morals with Ted Kennendy. I will discuss his rant that habeous corpus is dead as I am all sure we want to grant that right to all the Radical Muslims who are planning to attack this country and cause mass murder so we can make people like Oberman happy but I really feel no matter whatever
happens that he will find something to bash Bush for whether it is the weather or Obermans incredibly small penis which basically is the cause for all his whinig and bitching anyways.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:47 am

Porkinator wrote:
deadly wrote:

et cetera....

Basically, I am curious.

Basically Deadly it is thatOberman has no credibility as a journalist
and results to name calling and calling Bush a lair is not any way for me to listen to your point of view with an open mind. He is a whiny left wing punk trying to make his name by jumping on the
Bash Bush bandwagon amd my major objection is HIM personally
cause trying to take me seriously on any subject is like discussing theology with Hitler Bin Laden or morals with Ted Kennendy. I will discuss his rant that habeous corpus is dead as I am all sure we want to grant that right to all the Radical Muslims who are planning to attack this country and cause mass murder so we can make people like Oberman happy but I really feel no matter whatever
happens that he will find something to bash Bush for whether it is the weather or Obermans incredibly small penis which basically is the cause for all his whinig and bitching anyways.

Because the people on Fox news definitely don't do that. Honestly, look at that twat Bill 'O Rielly. Granted, he isn't a journalist, but many people watch his show to get a "credible" view on certain points of his discussion. When you look at it, there are a manyfold number more who are republicans that do just as you describe, than liberal ones.

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:51 am

Ace wrote:For the record, it's funny as hell when the admin posts flame bait on his own message board...

Well the boards were slow and I had a free minute ;)

Return to “thoughts... more or less”