Political Ranting

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:19 am

Ace wrote:War on Communism

True and false man I think your reference to communism is an example of an idea being defeated. True communism never existed it was an illusion. There has always been some people with more when everyone is supposed to have the same. That flaw in the "idea" after being exposed to the light of day did not hold up.

Examples of this are happening around us. Russia has come out from behind the iron curtain to join the global economic system and is trying to rebuild where communism made them crumble. Googles censored entry into China has capped off Chinas opening of trade barriers and with that trade, democracy is smuggled in like a Trojan horse. :wave:

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Ace

Postby Ace » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:05 pm

Last I checked though, North Korea, Cuba, and China were all communist. It's still around, it's not considered at threat anymore. With North Korea, I'd take the Pepsi Challenge there are more people there that want to blow us up then the few thousand "terrorists".

For the record, we hardly "won" the war on communism. We fought the Korean War and Vietnam War plus numberous other smaller conflicts trying to stop it. In the big picture they all did nothing. What really stopped communism, wasn't us, wasn't a bomb, human nature did! The laziness of being human killed communism in Soviet Union. Communism looks great on paper, but the theory is flawed because it runs on the assumption that people will work for the state and do their best. Why bust my ass to make 20 trucks, when I can take it easy and only build 10? Especially when it means I get the exact same handout from the government for 10 trucks vs 20 trucks. The Human factor is winner of that war.

People learning that why should I bust my ass and be a good worker and get the same reward while my cowork sits on his ass...that killed (and will kill) communism.

People have nothing, nothing to live for, blowing up people that have something makes sense to terrorists. Almost the same thought process the Russian's had in the early 1900's. Communism becomes a good idea when you have nothing and a very few people have something, lets create a society where everybody is equal, makes sense.

Terrorism dies when people learn to get their ideas across, you don't blow up inoccent people. Doesn't matter how many you kill, what measures you put in place to prevent it, it will always be a problem. The solution is educating the people and showing them it doesn't make much sense (just like that Russian factory truck maker). The fact they live in dirt huts, the pet rock is their most prized possession, they are brain washed into believe 72 virgins are waiting for them AND they are gullible enough to kill themselves...to me means it should be pretty damn easy to give them some education how stupid they are.

Give them a 24" flat panel and UT, the respawn feature alone should convince them they out of their minds. Problem solved and I can still take my KY on the plane! (oh and for the record....there's snakes on the mutherfing plane tonight!)
Last edited by Ace on Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:34 pm

Got to love John Stewarts take on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FARPc-zL9rs

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:51 pm

Houdini wrote:Got to love John Stewarts take on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FARPc-zL9rs

Houdini you watch John Stewart? There's hope! :wink:

More importantly, to ace's last point....

Stewart interviewing Jackson last night about snakes on a !@#$%! !@#$ plane!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLk0uk-yfRk

Ace

Postby Ace » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:20 pm

I'm going at 9 to see the movie of the MutherFing YEAR!!!

http://www.allyoursnakesbelongtous.com/

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:32 pm

Ace wrote:I'm going at 9 to see the movie of the MutherFing YEAR!!!

http://www.allyoursnakesbelongtous.com/

Holy crap ace that just convinced me to see this mutha fu$@er.

ALL YOUR SNAKES ARE BELONG TO US!

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:01 pm

I think i just wet myself

Ace

Postby Ace » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:11 pm

law.of.averages wrote:I think i just wet myself

Say it right...

I think I just MotherFing wet myself!

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:25 pm

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:22 pm

Ace wrote:Last I checked though, North Korea, Cuba, and China were all communist. It's still around, it's not considered at threat anymore. With North Korea, I'd take the Pepsi Challenge there are more people there that want to blow us up then the few thousand "terrorists".

For the record, we hardly "won" the war on communism. We fought the Korean War and Vietnam War plus numberous other smaller conflicts trying to stop it. In the big picture they all did nothing. What really stopped communism, wasn't us, wasn't a bomb, human nature did! The laziness of being human killed communism in Soviet Union. Communism looks great on paper, but the theory is flawed because it runs on the assumption that people will work for the state and do their best. Why bust my ass to make 20 trucks, when I can take it easy and only build 10? Especially when it means I get the exact same handout from the government for 10 trucks vs 20 trucks. The Human factor is winner of that war.

People learning that why should I bust my ass and be a good worker and get the same reward while my cowork sits on his ass...that killed (and will kill) communism.

People have nothing, nothing to live for, blowing up people that have something makes sense to terrorists. Almost the same thought process the Russian's had in the early 1900's. Communism becomes a good idea when you have nothing and a very few people have something, lets create a society where everybody is equal, makes sense.

Terrorism dies when people learn to get their ideas across, you don't blow up inoccent people. Doesn't matter how many you kill, what measures you put in place to prevent it, it will always be a problem. The solution is educating the people and showing them it doesn't make much sense (just like that Russian factory truck maker). The fact they live in dirt huts, the pet rock is their most prized possession, they are brain washed into believe 72 virgins are waiting for them AND they are gullible enough to kill themselves...to me means it should be pretty damn easy to give them some education how stupid they are.

Give them a 24" flat panel and UT, the respawn feature alone should convince them they out of their minds. Problem solved and I can still take my KY on the plane! (oh and for the record....there's snakes on the mutherfing plane tonight!)

Yeah, but when a government cuts a very large portion of funding from education, something starts to crumble, does it not?

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:45 pm

ok, can we take this thread off lyfe support and let it DIE now?

:D
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:12 pm

Nytefyre wrote:ok, can we take this thread off lyfe support and let it DIE now?

shaddup nyte! :wink:

And ace... how were the mutha f!@#$ snakes on the mutha !@#$#$ plane!!!???

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:18 pm

Nytefyre wrote:ok, can we take this thread off lyfe support and let it DIE now?

Quick, bring the hijacking antidote!

Ace

Postby Ace » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:12 am

nonstop wrote:And ace... how were the mutha f!@#$ snakes on the mutha !@#$#$ plane!!!???

This sums it up very well (without me having to type much):

http://soapsummary.ytmnd.com/

My only real disappointmet came from the theater wasn't packed. I expected to it to be sold out with the "internet buzz" and actually had two friends decide to go see Accepted instead of this movie. They were out of their MotherFing minds (and I now question their sexual preference after this)!! Had the theater been packed and gone ape in the key spots, it would have been perfect.

This is the first time in a long MotherFing time that I haven't walked out after a movie and felt cheated by Hollywood. I wanted SNAKES on a MotherFing plane, I got SNAKES on a MotherFing plane!

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:47 am

Ace wrote:
nonstop wrote:And ace... how were the mutha f!@#$ snakes on the mutha !@#$#$ plane!!!???

This sums it up very well (without me having to type much):

http://soapsummary.ytmnd.com/

My only real disappointmet came from the theater wasn't packed. I expected to it to be sold out with the "internet buzz" and actually had two friends decide to go see Accepted instead of this movie. They were out of their MotherFing minds (and I now question their sexual preference after this)!! Had the theater been packed and gone ape in the key spots, it would have been perfect.

This is the first time in a long MotherFing time that I haven't walked out after a movie and felt cheated by Hollywood. I wanted SNAKES on a MotherFing plane, I got SNAKES on a MotherFing plane!

lol I hear it's a blast if the audience is really into it. I also hear it's fun ot do mystery science 3000 with your friends to. I'm so muthaf'ing in on this mutha f'er!

Return to “thoughts... more or less”