Why is Houdini crazy…? I see UFO’s.

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Houdini

Why is Houdini crazy…? I see UFO’s.

Postby Houdini » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:38 pm

Does anyone believe in UFO’s? With modern technology science has let us peer deep into space and has shown that there are countless millions of other stars with planets orbiting them not unlike our own. Certainly except the hardcore fundamentalists one would guess that somewhere out there, under the right circumstances is a planet that like our own supports life. The bigger question is has any other life from space visited us? I thought I would post a comparison with some UFO photos alongside matching classical artwork from around the world that seems to depict the same type of image. Remember when looking at the artwork there were no planes, satellites and helicopters so what is pictured must have been inspired by some other means.

Cocoyoc, Mexico, November 3, 1973. A Mexican banker and his family saw a strange object approaching rapidly from the East in a clear afternoon sky. His wife said that the object was a round shape, and she drew her husband's attention to the object, and that while the distance between them and the object decreased they realized that it was not what they had initially thought: it was not a plane, neither a helicopter, nor even a competition balloon. The banker stopped the car on the side of the road and the passengers went out to get a better look at the object. The banker thought about his camera, took it, and made a first photograph at this time.

Compare that to this one.

"Glorification of the Eucharist" ~ painting by Bonaventura Salimbeni.
Painted in 1600, today it hangs in the church of San Lorenzo in San Pietro, Montalcino, Italy.

These next ones are the ones that first caught my attention. I was looking at some pictures of UFO’s from South America and there was a couple of photos that were just a black profile of what they said was a UFO, kind of looked like a top hat. Sometime after I saw them I came across some old religious paintings that seem to have the exact same object in them. This is pretty weird:

March 18, 1975 Hamilton, Ontario, Canada An anonymous witness near Hamilton, on Lake Ontario, photographed this object as it approached him. The object appears to be a dark color. The UFO is very similar to one seen hovering over Centeno, Argentina two years later.

April 9, 1976 Nagoay City, Aichi, Japan. At 2:00pm, Hirohito Tanaka saw a small dark circular-shaped UFO with a raised dome in the center. The object made a low pass over his neighbor's house. He grabbed his Instamatic 126, and took seven photographs.

Now having seen those look at these paintings and tapestries. Notice the dark hat shaped objects in the background. For a real good effect copy the blue background ufo photo of the top hat looking thing and put it right next to the first tapestry. The images look so much alike it weird.

These two tapestries were created in the 15th century.
Both are located at the French Basillica Notre-Dame in Beaune, Burgandy.
Hat shaped objects can be clearly seen in both tapestries which depict the life of Mary.
The above tapestry is entitled "The Magnificat" ~ the below tapestry's title is unknown.

"Summer's Triumph" ~ tapestry created in Bruges, in 1538 ~ Bayerisches National Museum.
Several disc shaped objects are clearly depicted in the sky, near the top of the tapestry.
The inclusion of "hat ships" in this work may have been a shrewd political move
designed to sway local opinion, by connecting UFOs to the current rulers
~ and therefore claiming divine intervention in their ascent to power.

Finally there is this great painting with an interesting background scene.

~ "The Madonna with Saint Giovannino" ~
Above Mary's left shoulder is a shining, or glowing, disk shaped object.
A man and his dog can clearly be seen looking up at the floating object in the composite below.
Painted in the 15th century, Palazzo Vecchio lists the artist as unknown ~ although attributed to the Lippi school.

Any comments?
Last edited by Houdini on Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Ace

Re: Why is Houdini crazy…? I see UFO’s.

Postby Ace » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:09 pm

Houdini wrote:Image

When I look at this, I see the medical probe Vader uses on Leia in the first Star Wars. Lucas, what a hack!

My take, if it's a UFO it's either a military plane (top of the line stuff), something that can be explained (ie people want to believe what they see, but it really turns out to be something else), or is a hoax.

Intelligent life with the technology to travel across space who don't want to make their presence known, I find it hard to believe that they got pwned by a $20 camera. Call me a skeptic.

As far as the artwork is concerned, this is artwork from the same people that thought the world was flat, that the Earth was the center of everything, and where all the religious mobo-jumbo started to explain events like why their crops burnt to the ground. Hint, it wasn't the man in the sky angry, it was the cold front meeting the warm front and your crops were too damn dry to take the lightning hit.

People believe what they want to when it comes stuff like that. Human nature to explain with some reason, which usually turns out to be wrong. I look at that and think nothing but coincidence as far as the pictures are concerned because my theory on every one of the UFO pictures is they are fake.

Is there intelligent life out there, I'll say yes just based the mathematics of probability. Do they show up here and get accidentally get photographed while anal probing people or creating crop circles? The logic based Ace says no way...

...ouch what's that in my a$$?

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:28 pm

Good point Ace but I sitll see a conection between biblical accounts of angels visiting and ufos. If god made the earth that means he would have been from somewhere else. So is god an alien? Only leaves me to say one thing:

God is my alien buddy!

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:37 am

Now I see why they call this section Thoughts.. more or less.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:47 am

Porkinator wrote:Now I see why they call this section Thoughts.. more or less.

Return to “thoughts... more or less”