An Inconvenient Truth

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:51 pm

As for the idea that Al Gore is just doing this so he can get some publicity for the next presidential election, I call bull shit. He has been fighting the global warming issue for roughly 30 years now. This is hardly just a push for office, IMO.

One myth nonstop did not mention is the myth that using alternative fuel and energy sources will take away jobs from the American economy and will allow foreign companies to come and and sell their prodects much more than their American counter-parts (mainly in the automotive industry). This is bogus for multiple reasons:
1) This is already happening because foreign cars get better gas milage.
2) Foreign cars are more reliable and last longer.
3) Because American emissions standards and mile per gallon standards are so low (in comparison with other countries) we cannot sell our vehicles in their countries. We are trapped to selling in our own country, were we are being beaten by foreign companies.
4) If the oil companies stopped harvesting oil and switched to other, cleaner forms of energy it would still require a good amount of people. Sure their product would change, but jobs would still be there, if not open up more jobs because of the new research fields, and technicians needed to work with the new technology.

As for the media, Soulja touched on this, but many of the "scientists" who dissent from the global warming "theory" are funded by oil companies and governments who are also run by the oil companies. Many of these "scientists" change their results or flat out lie to make sure they keep receiving a paycheck. In many cases if they say what they really find, they covered up and bullied and face a loss of funding. Hardly objective research.

Pewter: Sorry, I thought there was another thread already started but I didn't immediately see it so I made a new one. My apologies, I will search next time! =)

Law: Many of those technologies are already available and known to work. We know how to stop it, it's a matter of putting it into action.

Finally, to end this horrendously long post, even supposingly global warming is a myth, why would you want to keep polluting the Earth on the off chance it is true? It is painfully obvious we are destroying the environment, and personally, I love being outside. Wouldn't you want to help protect that too?

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:57 pm

Gore wont run again. He doesnt have party support.
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:21 pm

Ace wrote:
I am concerned about not getting laid, period.

Priorities People!

I have seen your pic so I understand the difficulties you must exerience.

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:34 am

:lol:
... WTF ...

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:10 am

Yrrek wrote:As for the idea that Al Gore is just doing this so he can get some publicity for the next presidential election, I call bull shit. He has been fighting the global warming issue for roughly 30 years now. This is hardly just a push for office, IMO.

One myth nonstop did not mention is the myth that using alternative fuel and energy sources will take away jobs from the American economy and will allow foreign companies to come and and sell their prodects much more than their American counter-parts (mainly in the automotive industry). This is bogus for multiple reasons:
1) This is already happening because foreign cars get better gas milage.
2) Foreign cars are more reliable and last longer.
3) Because American emissions standards and mile per gallon standards are so low (in comparison with other countries) we cannot sell our vehicles in their countries. We are trapped to selling in our own country, were we are being beaten by foreign companies.
4) If the oil companies stopped harvesting oil and switched to other, cleaner forms of energy it would still require a good amount of people. Sure their product would change, but jobs would still be there, if not open up more jobs because of the new research fields, and technicians needed to work with the new technology.

As for the media, Soulja touched on this, but many of the "scientists" who dissent from the global warming "theory" are funded by oil companies and governments who are also run by the oil companies. Many of these "scientists" change their results or flat out lie to make sure they keep receiving a paycheck. In many cases if they say what they really find, they covered up and bullied and face a loss of funding. Hardly objective research.

Pewter: Sorry, I thought there was another thread already started but I didn't immediately see it so I made a new one. My apologies, I will search next time! =)

Law: Many of those technologies are already available and known to work. We know how to stop it, it's a matter of putting it into action.

Finally, to end this horrendously long post, even supposingly global warming is a myth, why would you want to keep polluting the Earth on the off chance it is true? It is painfully obvious we are destroying the environment, and personally, I love being outside. Wouldn't you want to help protect that too?

Honestly I was a Political Science major so if you think I am just some nut who talks about nonsense like I do on TS all the time you would be surprised. Hollywood is the new political campaign advertising tool and it has been for awhile. Al Gore along with all these dopes on both sides are career politicians and their whole life and everything they do is to get elected period, if you don’t get that I am sorry. That is why Thomas Jefferson said that government service is not to be a career rather you work in the private sector, do well and then basically donate some time for your country in the public sector, then go back to the private (the plantation like Washington did). The democrats are concerned at the moment that Hillary does not have the juice and if anyone does not think Al Gore is fixing to make a run just watch.

As far as the global warming goes who knows but if it is not a natural earth cycle someone please tell me what the ice age was about? Was there too many cavemen camp fires? Did Brontosauruses leave millions of farts in the atmosphere? Did the sun go on vacation? Think about it. Don’t let evil globalists distract you so easily with this sort of crap while they secretly form the North American zone behind your back. If you are not familiar with that phrase there is a push to have North, Central and South America to be one big zone like the EU which is going to screw us here good. NAFTA then CAFTA and soon SAFTA I guess. This crap really makes me angry. :x

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:59 am

Houdini wrote:Honestly I was a Political Science major so if you think I am just some nut who talks about nonsense like I do on TS all the time you would be surprised. Hollywood is the new political campaign advertising tool and it has been for awhile. Al Gore along with all these dopes on both sides are career politicians and their whole life and everything they do is to get elected period, if you don’t get that I am sorry. That is why Thomas Jefferson said that government service is not to be a career rather you work in the private sector, do well and then basically donate some time for your country in the public sector, then go back to the private (the plantation like Washington did). The democrats are concerned at the moment that Hillary does not have the juice and if anyone does not think Al Gore is fixing to make a run just watch.

As far as the global warming goes who knows but if it is not a natural earth cycle someone please tell me what the ice age was about? Was there too many cavemen camp fires? Did Brontosauruses leave millions of farts in the atmosphere? Did the sun go on vacation? Think about it. Don’t let evil globalists distract you so easily with this sort of crap while they secretly form the North American zone behind your back. If you are not familiar with that phrase there is a push to have North, Central and South America to be one big zone like the EU which is going to screw us here good. NAFTA then CAFTA and soon SAFTA I guess. This crap really makes me angry. :x

Gore isn't looking for re-election and you're basing your opinion on prehistoric conditions of the earth even though scientific data shows the trends of warming seriously increasing since the emission of CO2?

I find trying to talk to conservatives is like trying to talk to religeous freaks, they don't let facts get in the way of their beliefs :wink:

Naix

Postby Naix » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:03 am

My well written input:

noobs pounded roflcopter lmao :wink:

Edit: boooo global warming........horaaaaaay beeer!!!
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

1/2LuNaTiC

Postby 1/2LuNaTiC » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:09 am

Naix wrote:noobs pounded roflcopter lmao :wink:

O RLY?

Yeah, the global warming issue has quite a few solutions already. The problem is nearly none are being adapted by the vast majority. Whether we have 10 or 100 years before these problems can't be fixed no one knows. From what I studied in Earth Science there is also the possiblity that the global climate change is a natural cycle, but there is no doubt that humans are speeding the process.

On another note..

I wonder what will happen if the world's magnetism decides to change...no more noobs pounded by roflcopter...pc go poop :( .

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:42 am

nonstop wrote:Gore isn't looking for re-election and you're basing your opinion on prehistoric conditions of the earth even though scientific data shows the trends of warming seriously increasing since the emission of CO2?

I find trying to talk to conservatives is like trying to talk to religeous freaks, they don't let facts get in the way of their beliefs :wink:

I was not basing what’s happening on that I was asking how the ice age happened seeing it is the opposite of “Global Warming” and I know there is no explanation it was a natural earth cycle. We could be making things happen faster but the earth is alive more so then people realize and there is many factors and things that are not even understood yet about it. It may be a sun cycle seeing there are more sun spots lately then in recorded history. I will forever let all of you call be stupid with absolutely no objections if Al Gore does not make a run at least to get the primary. I guarantee it, make this quote a sticky and either apologize or call me stupid when the time comes. I can take the heat.

I am independent NON, neither side is totally right and if you have seen Clinton make out with George Bush senior trotting all over the world for causes like the IMF (International Monetary Fund) and the World Bank where they are on the board of directors you might start to see that the two party system is an illusion. Once you wrap your brain around that I swear things will make much more sense and I am not being condescending. Hacks and Lies.

Houdini

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:52 am

Houdini wrote:Once you wrap your brain around that I swear things will make much more sense and I am not being condescending. Hacks and Lies.

Houdini

I'll try to reach your magnificient level of consciousness someday. :wink:

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:53 am

nonstop wrote:
Houdini wrote: not being condescending.
Houdini

I'll try to reach your magnificient level of consciousness someday. :wink:

:roll:

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:00 am

Wow...

Houdini, I sincerely hope that you're right... but you'll have to forgive me becuase if you happen to be mistaken or misinformed, my house will one day be about 8 feet under water, and I can't afford swimming lessons.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:10 am

law.of.averages wrote:Wow...

Houdini, I sincerely hope that you're right... but you'll have to forgive me becuase if you happen to be mistaken or misinformed, my house will one day be about 8 feet under water, and I can't afford swimming lessons.

Oh your house will be gone just like some of the desert areas now that used to have an ocean over them but it wont be too many SUV's that brought the deluge. Remember the flood from the bible? Build your ark history will repeat itself make it an environmentaly friendly ark though please.

Thanks
Hou

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:12 pm

When I said that this is hardly just a push for office, I didn't mean to say he wasn't trying to get elected with this as part of his campaign. It is fairly obvious he intends to run for president, and that this is part of it. What I meant by that statement was he isn't just picking a "hot topic" and jumping on a side which seems to happen quite regularly in politics.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:12 pm

see non. so there. :roll:

Return to “thoughts... more or less”