UT2007: Thoughts?

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

dXII][Pa

Postby dXII][Pa » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:28 pm

BeerNut wrote:
Actually... My dual example is real. Better players that I could get a few kills on in UT99 absolutely skunked me in 2k*.
Once they locked the map down, it was generally all over. The thing is, in UT99 the enforcers actually packed a punch (25/shot), and unlike the ASS rifle, they are AIM-based. If I could get a few shots in before dying, I could finish them with the Enforcer right after spawn (Before they could re-stack).
In UT2k*, I may not get immediately spawn raped (because of the shield), but I could never get map control back either.

As for the Lucky kills... Of course we all get lucky kills, but I disagree that they are not tied to the game. A lucky shot in UT99 often meant death. A lucky shot in UT2k* just means my shield is going up, and I am going to re-stack.

Interesting. I had the opposite expericene. People who would annihilate me in UT, I could, and can, hold my own against in 2k3/4. Guess that is up to playstyle.

But that is beside the point. We were talking about people new to the game. And what I was trying to say is that in 99 when UT came out, it was a tough game to get into. The dodge, the dual fireing mode, the complex maps and the very powerful weapons made it hard to grasp for beginners. I started out as a CTF player, being converted from Q3A and when I convinced my Q3A pals to join me for some UT games they were having real trouble adapting. So for its time, it was a very unfriendly game for a beginner. It still is if you are completly new to the UT series.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:46 pm

dXII][Pa wrote:Interesting. I had the opposite expericene. People who would annihilate me in UT, I could, and can, hold my own against in 2k3/4. Guess that is up to playstyle.

But that is beside the point. We were talking about people new to the game. And what I was trying to say is that in 99 when UT came out, it was a tough game to get into. The dodge, the dual fireing mode, the complex maps and the very powerful weapons made it hard to grasp for beginners. I started out as a CTF player, being converted from Q3A and when I convinced my Q3A pals to join me for some UT games they were having real trouble adapting. So for its time, it was a very unfriendly game for a beginner. It still is if you are completly new to the UT series.

This horse died long ago. Pa just kicked again... anyone else in? :wink:

dXII][Pa

Postby dXII][Pa » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:18 am

:roll:

Your forum, your rules.

$(0rpi@

Postby $(0rpi@ » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:34 pm

:) im scared of horses ever since one attacked me :(

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:54 am

$(0rpi@ wrote::) im scared of horses ever since one attacked me :(

LOL...

I nominate the above for forum post of the year... seriously
*Beer -&- UT*

ClownMajik
SpoogeMan!

Postby ClownMajik » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:43 pm

$(0rpi@ wrote::) im scared of horses ever since one attacked me :(

You think horses are scarry? Well Mr. wait till you meet me.
"Of all the moments in my life, you were always there somewhere. Once as a wish. Once as a blessing. And now as the greatest loss I'll ever experience."

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:51 pm

Yeah, Clown is pretty damn scary. What with the over-abundance of spooge and all

$(0rpi@

Postby $(0rpi@ » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:02 pm

lol ty but serously their scary :oops:

InCuBuS

Postby InCuBuS » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:17 pm

might hate me for this...

i actually think they shoud get rid of or atleast weaken the shock rifle, i know they allready made it 3 hit kill instead of 2 hit wityh regular fire but it just seems too overpowered

ClownMajik
SpoogeMan!

Postby ClownMajik » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:50 pm

I dont think the damage should be lowered. If you saw the demos, the shock ball itself moves a lot slower. However I think the delay between primary shots should be like insta gib. Its faster than LG but slower than current shock.
"Of all the moments in my life, you were always there somewhere. Once as a wish. Once as a blessing. And now as the greatest loss I'll ever experience."

$(0rpi@

Postby $(0rpi@ » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:40 pm

no the shock is perfect how it is :)

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”