Dodge-jump = gone

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Sun May 21, 2006 2:13 pm

Sideous Prime wrote:all that said, when the 2k7 demo comes out, i think there's gonna be a lot of rockin stuff in there...other than just eye candy. maybe it will surprise all of us.

Oh yea sid, for all the naysaying, we will be downloading and installing that thing in december like madmen.

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Sun May 21, 2006 2:50 pm

good thing 2k4 kicks @$$.......but december??!?!?! we gotta wait that long? nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Last edited by Sideous Prime on Sun May 21, 2006 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Naix

Postby Naix » Sun May 21, 2006 2:53 pm

So now i get to shoot non in two games?
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Sun May 21, 2006 3:48 pm

Sideous Prime wrote:good think 2k4 kicks @$$.......but december??!?!?! we gotta wait that long? nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Yup, demo 'maybe' in dec. Game in 07.

Cüßèli

Postby Cüßèli » Mon May 22, 2006 12:36 pm

Imo wall-dodge is a great feature to have ( somewhat realistic) & you can make some really crazy moves from diff wall angles. All the ppl that hated UT03,04 will give this one a shot b/c i really think it will be a much better game than all 3 UT games combined.

1 more think.... console friendly?!?!?! YACK! I'd like to give EPIC the BOOT in the ASS if they decide to abandon the PC market. All good things come on PC 1st. :wink:

Ace

Postby Ace » Mon May 22, 2006 2:14 pm

I will admit, when 2k3 came out, I was one of the ones bitching about the movement (used to UT99). I didn't use the dodge jumping for a long time, because I didn't have to. Once I got use to it, I stopped bitching, it was good for the game.

This dumbing down of the games anyoys the shit out of me. Watching the latest videos, I don't have high hopes, they are pulling the same crap everybody else does, add eye candy, make it so every brain dead kid can play.

There are reasons I don't play Quake 4, it moves like a garden slug, textures look like a Japanese cartoon, and the power-ups and weapons look like they were designed by retarded blind kids held back in the first grade. Don't understand why they continute to make UT as close to Quake as they can. Why not just come out and name the game Q-ut 4.5?

Dodge jumping made the game unque, taking that away is like going back in time. And this is coming from a guy that moves like shit, but I respect the people who move well because they can. I like the fact that my disadvantage in movement comes from that fact that it's my own fault, not the game manufactures making it easier for me to compete.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Mon May 22, 2006 3:26 pm

Whatever, every version has its parts that get people to complain about. Remember that wicked long jump you could do in 2003 by mashing the keys ( think its was called boost jumping). That jump and the fast weapon switching were my whole game so I thought I would just play 2003 and say F it to 2004 but I got over it. As much gamer input as we think EPIC takes into consideration with these things like when they say they are bringing back UT99 style is a bunch of BS. They are trying to tie in console gaming so the dorks with their paddles and tiny joysticks can give them some money when they are not giving it to John Madden.

Frank

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon May 22, 2006 4:26 pm

Ace wrote:I will admit, when 2k3 came out, I was one of the ones bitching about the movement (used to UT99). I didn't use the dodge jumping for a long time, because I didn't have to. Once I got use to it, I stopped bitching, it was good for the game.

This dumbing down of the games anyoys the shit out of me. Watching the latest videos, I don't have high hopes, they are pulling the same crap everybody else does, add eye candy, make it so every brain dead kid can play.

There are reasons I don't play Quake 4, it moves like a garden slug, textures look like a Japanese cartoon, and the power-ups and weapons look like they were designed by retarded blind kids held back in the first grade. Don't understand why they continute to make UT as close to Quake as they can. Why not just come out and name the game Q-ut 4.5?

Dodge jumping made the game unque, taking that away is like going back in time. And this is coming from a guy that moves like shit, but I respect the people who move well because they can. I like the fact that my disadvantage in movement comes from that fact that it's my own fault, not the game manufactures making it easier for me to compete.

Let me sum ace's comments up.

"I loved ut99"
    "I bitched when things changed"
    "I love ut2k4"
    "I love Quake"
    "Japanese kids are blind"
    "I hope ut2k7 is just like quake4"
    "I'm starting to bitch about changes in ut2k7 even though it has the same movement that I loved from ut99. Really this whole rant has to do with the fact that I have to upgrade my computer from the late 90s"
    "When I watch lunatic run around the map I want his autograph"

:P

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Mon May 22, 2006 4:40 pm

Houdini wrote:... Remember that wicked long jump you could do in 2003 by mashing the keys ( think its was called boost jumping). ....

Boost-dodging.... God I loved that jump. I put some time into getting good at it, so I was bummed when they pulled it for 2k4. Sadly, the only reason that you could do it, was because of a bug in the physics code (how many great movement options started like that :D )... a bug they "removed" in 2k4.

Anyways, not to belabor the point... but it's not the little changes to movement and gameplay that have me concerned... It's just that I would hate to see the great UT franchise get "consolized". As soon as Epic starts to make gameplay decisions based on what would work better on a PS3 controller... it's all over :(
*Beer -&- UT*

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Mon May 22, 2006 6:13 pm

I can see why they would want to make it better for consoles, why? Well look how many console gamers there are compared to computer gamers? It's a smart business move on their part, but then again, epic has been so well known to pay attention to the community. And then again, most of the community (especially the "pros") are douche bags.
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Tue May 23, 2006 1:15 pm

BeerNut wrote:It's just that I would hate to see the great UT franchise get "consolized".

Which goes back to my point, shut it off, but leave it in as a mutilator.

I think my game would improve if they removed *all* the ammo. Maybe I'll tell someone at Epic, and see if they can hook me up.

Mr.Hyde

Postby Mr.Hyde » Sat May 27, 2006 3:16 pm

It would be kind of nice to see Unreal Tournament go back to being like it used to. I am willing to be that the new one is going to suck.

Graphics are'nt everything.

Me and my shield gun are gonna pull a Michael Jackson with ya. ;)

GITM

Postby GITM » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:52 pm

Let's not forget one thing folks: UT2K7 is mainly being designed for the PC, PS3 is just a bonus (after all they don't wanna do another Unreal Championship). However one of the main reasons they are taking it back to the way it was, is to make it n00b friendly. Somthing I'm sure nonstop will love. :lol: They realized that people just purchasing 2k4 couldn't compete on a level like most of your clan people are on. So the focus is to provide it real easy, so when someone purchases the game 1 year after it is out, they can play on the same level as the people who have been playing 2k7 from the begining. So you are gonna find it to be real n00b-ified. I'm just hopeing that this doesn't take away from the competitiveness.
Plus the PS3 version is gonna be more pushed towards the onslaught mod, afterall it is easier to control the vehicles with a controller. So the PC version will be more DM & TDM types, while PS3 more vehicle based.

Check out some of these videos from gamespot (Especially the Stage Show Demonstration):

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/unrealtournament2007/media.html

Mr.Hyde

Postby Mr.Hyde » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:14 pm

}EX{GITM wrote:Let's not forget one thing folks: UT2K7 is mainly being designed for the PC, PS3 is just a bonus (after all they don't wanna do another Unreal Championship). However one of the main reasons they are taking it back to the way it was, is to make it n00b friendly. Somthing I'm sure nonstop will love. :lol: They realized that people just purchasing 2k4 couldn't compete on a level like most of your clan people are on. So the focus is to provide it real easy, so when someone purchases the game 1 year after it is out, they can play on the same level as the people who have been playing 2k7 from the begining. So you are gonna find it to be real n00b-ified. I'm just hopeing that this doesn't take away from the competitiveness.
Plus the PS3 version is gonna be more pushed towards the onslaught mod, afterall it is easier to control the vehicles with a controller. So the PC version will be more DM & TDM types, while PS3 more vehicle based.

Check out some of these videos from gamespot (Especially the Stage Show Demonstration):

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/unrealtournament2007/media.html

Yeah... I might get the PS3 version........

But i'm not excited about upgrading my machine.

Me and my shield gun are gonna pull a Michael Jackson with ya. ;)

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”