Good stuff... Bush on sovereignty

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Sun May 29, 2005 10:13 am

Rall, there's a way to stop all of these things from happening, but apparently no one has yet invented a time machine. I've always seen Bush as a sort of figure that might've been involved in this, due to the fact that he had business with the Bin Ladens. I mean, unless you really want to read the whole 9-11 comission report, go ahead, but most of us average people won't really know what happened on that day aside from what the media brought us.

Rall_Ricker

Postby Rall_Ricker » Sun May 29, 2005 7:01 pm

no offense kaff, i no were the same age and all but it seems u dont no anything about politics or anything of that sort from the way ur talking, im not saying i no everything but atleast i no something
dont let the tiggrrrr get u...or nyte the nipple pincher either

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Sun May 29, 2005 7:34 pm

How so, Rall? Are you saying I know nothing of politics because I say that Bush is just not the right man for the position?

Rall_Ricker

Postby Rall_Ricker » Sun May 29, 2005 10:26 pm

no just that most kids our age no nothing about politics and u r saying that john kerry would be a better president by saying bush is a bad one, which would mean we would never get anywhere cause he would do something then bring it back
dont let the tiggrrrr get u...or nyte the nipple pincher either

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Sun May 29, 2005 10:28 pm

So, that doesn't mean everyone has to be made from a cookie-cutter. Sure, most kids don't like to talk about politics and whatnot, but I do. Please, understand that :)

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Tue May 31, 2005 8:35 am

For the record, I didn't vote in 2000... Had I voted, it would have been for George W. for a variety of reasons.

First, in general I used to believe that less government is better than more government. That people are generally good in nature, and can take care of the little matters themselves.

Second, with Jeb being Governor of Florida, it would mean that in the event of another Hurricane Andrew, federal help would come just 'that much' faster.

One of the first things W did was pull the US out of the Koyoto talks on global warming. Not only did he refuse to sign the treaty signed by about 200 other nations... He didn't even feel it was important enough to send a representative.

Next he cut budgets from resarch projects for developing more fuel efficient vehicles, alternative engery sources, etc etc. At the same time his administration was looking into opening up protected Alaskan wilderness for oil exploration.

At this point he'd lost any chance of getting my future vote.

And this was before 9/11. In the aftermath of 9/11, for a brief time I approved of his actions... That was while we were focused on Afganastan, and before Iraq.

Now, in 2005 I know that in reality people are selfish, arrogant, and greedy. Those in power will do everything they can to maintain their positions, while keeping others down. I now know that big government is needed just to give the little guy with ambition a fighting chance to gain ground.

I suppose I owe W a favor for having made all that perfectly clear. As I said earlier...it may be that he's doing what is best for the US...But I don't see the right in any of it.

sexyhubble

The problem is this

Postby sexyhubble » Tue May 31, 2005 9:44 am

I do not know if Al Gore, or John Kerry would've done a better job. This will always be one of those what if's. Although I did state I voted twice against Bush, He is still the President, and during his first term I reallly was willing to sit back and see what would happen and judge him based upon his performance. The reason why I voted for Gore, was again based upon performance, he was only the vice President, but he was still a key figure in the last administration. If I may even be so bold as to say, he even seemed like he was the brains behind Clinton's bravado. That to me seemed fair, to vote for someone who has earned it, someone who didn't take that many vacations, who at the very least "seemed" to be working (either he was working, or he was at the very least smart enough to appear to be working) After 911 when missles were fired into the Talaban controlled areas in Afghanistan, I thought wow what a President, desicive and bold. He knew it was the Talaban harboring Bin Laden and he took control, he was going to win no matter what. To my surprise, it was actually the Northern Alliance the minority group oppressed in Afghanistan that attacked, sensing this was the right time to take action. Hmmm okay, so Bush wanted to have a complete and thorough plan before attacking. Good enough, make sure all the loose ends are tied up and everyone knows what they are doing before we strike. To my surprise, we didn't go into Afghanistan, as soon as I would have liked or hoped. But still we would eventually get in there and the World will be with us, if not with soldiers, or money at the very least with moral support.

I don't want to go into a huge history lesson over here, but we all know so far what things have been like since we went into Afghanistan, and it really makes me wonder what in the World is this man (I'm ashamed to be one now LOL) thinking. I mean at almost every single possible turn he has made bad decisions and choices 2.5 out of 3 times.

2004 comes rolling around and no offense things are not exactly picture perferct.....okay more like things could be better.....okay more like hey it's not THAT bad..... okay more like WTF is going on here, at least to me it seems like that. The outcome of that election proved to me, this country is in a lot of trouble. Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me, Fool me again, well here's my ass on a platter, enjoy.

I could be completely wrong here, no one knows the future, unless your Miss Cleo (then by all means judge away) but based upon what has ALREADY transpired, I pass judgement on this PERSON (not all men are this stupid) In the future, Afghanistan and Iraq could be the most Democratic society we'll ever see and Oil is shared with all of us, and Life is changed for the better and all babies are cute and dogs are cute and fluffy, that still doesn't excused what the fuck happened in the last 5 years, no sound plan, no good reason, becoming what we are fighting, using fear and propaganda to control the masses, taking advantage of those who are scared and confused, violating our own principals in order to acheive something, I guess the Ends do justify the means ( I know this country isn't perfect and even the original settlers did shit that is beyond human) but to do things this blatanly bad and be stupid enough to have your hand caught in the cookie jar and be stupid enough to spit in the face of the cookie cop and then do a little dance and then except the cookie cop to help you in the future, damn. Even your ass on a platter, they aren't that stupid.

I know you guys want to know my true feelings about Bush, but I can't, I'm too shy to speak out against these kinds of things. Some day I'll be able to let you know how I really feel LOLOLOLOL. Back to Work, Dear God I hate this office.!!!!!!!!!

Return to “thoughts... more or less”