Switching to the Dark Side

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:00 pm

Sexy board, that one :D

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:58 pm

Ok so here was the first try today...
I plugged in the molex, 12v, and 24pin...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/ ... G_0608.jpg
Tried it, no beeps, no signal on my monitor...
tried this set up...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/ ... G_0609.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/ ... G_0611.jpg
24 pin, 12v, molex, and i forgot the Power supply fan, put that in...
yeah this is where shit gets hairy...I power it up, immediately shuts down...the fan did one full rotation, and i smelled something...smelled like a match being burnt, or something close to that....yeahhhhh i almost killed myself...
so i did the 20 pin...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/ ... G_0614.jpg
turn it on, everything is running, no burning smell...and here are some pics of it running...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/ ... G_0615.jpg
green light is on...
no beep, no nothing, no signal...

I'm really lost...any help is appreciated...and yes, I'm a noob...
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:04 pm

And here is my face...

"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:45 pm

Dood I'm so sorry. I know that sucks bad and have been there. Without being there it's hard and the pics are a little tough to look at.

My only guess is that the psu isn't working correctly or that you have something internally wrong with one of the components.

Make sure and take all the diodes out for the case except the power switch. You don't need the hd led, reset, power led, etc. I'm saying that just to minimize everything.

I would go down to nothing except 1 stick of ram and a vid card. Are you using the new lcd monitor or your old crt?

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:44 pm

I'm using one stick of ram and just the video card...the fan on the power supply is spinning but should it be fast or a medium speed?

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:52 pm

And yes I was using just the power switch...I'm lost, I started eliminating and nothing...the questions I'm asking now is what causes no signal to go through to the monitor? Even though the fan on the Vid Card is spinning, so its getting power...and what does no beep mean? The chip is fine, I reseated everything at least 8 times.

=A!M=NuGe

Postby =A!M=NuGe » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:57 pm

This might sound stupid but try moving your ram stick to different positions

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:07 pm

ok, I'll give it a shot...

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:26 pm

yeah i kept switching the RAM...nothing...took it out...nothing...should I just RMA the board?

=A!M=NuGe

Postby =A!M=NuGe » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:39 pm

i just downloaded your manual it says use the b1 slot
(furthest blue dimm slot from the cpu) if using one stick
of ram, two sticks use both blue slots. Not to sound like
an ass but you have a pci express vid card not an agp
card right? using sata1 or 2 right? cpu/power connectors
plugged into mb? Man I wish I could talk to you im sure
were overlooking something.

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:16 pm

I didnt plug the HDs in but its SATA 1, should I have the HD plugged in? And all of the power connectors are in...

=A!M=NuGe

Postby =A!M=NuGe » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:25 pm

yes, plug in the hd Sata 1 and see whats up

=A!M=NuGe

Postby =A!M=NuGe » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:28 pm

Also Soulja check these forums they might hold the key to your trouble. If need be signup and post these guys are extremely
knowledgable and helpful.
http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:46 pm

now with the SATA drive, do I just plug in the connector from the drive to the motherboard, and the SATA power but just the one connector, not the molex...

=A!M=NuGe

Postby =A!M=NuGe » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:12 pm

yeah the sata ribbon looks like a flat phone cord(lol) and the power connector looks like an "L"

Return to “thoughts... more or less”