Switching to the Dark Side

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:26 am

Soulja wrote:Last order was placed today...should be together by the end of this weekend...

What monitor did you go with?

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:24 pm

19" LCD, 8ms, I think it was a NEC
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:58 pm

So what am I doing wrong...

I put in the motherboard correctly, hooked up all the cables correctly (i believe)...I have the MOtherboard, Video Card, SATA HD, and CD Drive...I power up and the fan starts spinning on the CPU and Video card. But I hear no beeping, even after 30 seconds. And I get no signal from my video card to the monitor. Anyone help a noob out?
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:04 am

Sorry dude, you bought an lcd. There is no hope for you. :D

Well it could be any number of things. Does your vid card require power from an additional 12v connector? Did you plug the additional 12v 4pin connector into the motherboard? If so pull out all cables and just try to get a boot to bios with nothing but your vid card and memory in then go from there.

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:28 am

Where the hell DO I go from there? LOL I am so confused about this whole BIOS thing, do I use the CD through my CD drive and use the CD drive as my primary booting drive? and then put the XP CD in and install it into the hard drive? If I could find a better outlined guide on how to start up then I would be able to do this, but I'm afriad I'm lost as fuck hahahaha...

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:39 am

And no, it doesn't need a 12v connector.

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:43 am

Another thing...one of the DVI cable pins was bent, and I bent it back, but its not identical to the rest? Could this matter?

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:33 am

Soulja wrote:Another thing...one of the DVI cable pins was bent, and I bent it back, but its not identical to the rest? Could this matter?

If you bent it back it should be ok.

Didn't your mb come with a manual? And yes you need to set up your rom drive as primary boot but you need to make sure you can display your bios first. Can you boot into the bios yet?

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:04 am

Sounds like somebody needs some TS time... this could take awhile ;)
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:11 am

No, see theres no beep at all...I'm gonna check the CPU soon and make sure thats sitting ok...obviously with the ZFI it went in fine, but I'll double check and walk through all the steps again...I'll be on TS in an hour or so in my own "special" channel, hahahaha...

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:09 pm

I went on technical support with ASUS, and I pretty much need to return the board...so much for having it done this week :(

=A!M=NuGe

Postby =A!M=NuGe » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:47 pm

Soulja wrote:So what am I doing wrong...

I put in the motherboard correctly, hooked up all the cables correctly (i believe)...I have the MOtherboard, Video Card, SATA HD, and CD Drive...I power up and the fan starts spinning on the CPU and Video card. But I hear no beeping, even after 30 seconds. And I get no signal from my video card to the monitor. Anyone help a noob out?
Can you post pics of your setup so far??? That may help.

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:53 am

Well there is some concern, with my parts...I have a 430W power supply...Is that enough with the XFX 6600GT 256MB? Because I don't have a spare power supply laying around thats higher...would that cause no beeping?

=A!M=NuGe

Postby =A!M=NuGe » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:21 pm

Soulja wrote:Well there is some concern, with my parts...I have a 430W power supply...Is that enough with the XFX 6600GT 256MB? Because I don't have a spare power supply laying around thats higher...would that cause no beeping?
From what I've read so far 350W is minimum for this type of card so your PSU should be enough to power it. However I havent taken into consideration how many fans, optical drives, and HD(s) you are
running.

=A!M=NuGe

Postby =A!M=NuGe » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:44 pm

Soulja is this your board? If so are ALL the power connectors
in place???

Also I found this @ ASUS's website hope it helps.
http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?mode ... =15&l3=148

Return to “thoughts... more or less”