I was able to get the ring to Mount Doom

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

sexyhubble

I was able to get the ring to Mount Doom

Postby sexyhubble » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:19 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/ ... 9683c.html

It took me 4.5 hours to get into the office today. I stood outside the damn ferry line for an hour and a half in 20 degree weather, plus the wind sheild, plus the fact that we were standing next to the freakin water!!!!! boat finally comes we walk to the path, then from the path to my office. My co-worker and I were like Sam and Frodo, her brother came with us, but it would be mean to call him Gollum. Damn my dick almost frooze off. They need to fire those assholes, (they already make 60K and they want more, and they don't even have a college degree) The fucked over the city today, right before the Holidays, if they think they can keep this shit up until Christmas, they are more lazy and more incompetent than I could even imagine, other than that I hope you all had a nice day :lol:

Back to my office to go to sleep

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:35 pm

daaaamn!
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:48 am

$400 million a day... That is freaking insane.

A may piss off a few people, but I HATE unions. They encourage laziness, minimal work ethic, undeserved wages and benefits, and are more often an obligation rather than a choice.

To top it all off, they are an archaic throwback to poor working conditions in the early-industrial US that have been more or less eliminated by since-updated government regulations.
*Beer -&- UT*

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:23 pm

BeerNut wrote:$400 million a day... That is freaking insane.

It's not each one ;-)

sexyhubble

Postby sexyhubble » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:48 pm

My office is closed tomorrow, my Boss my co-worker and her husband are going to a nice Italian place for dinner tonight so we can all celebrate the end of this crap, I didn't get home until around 10:00 yesterday, I was tired and frozen. I think I actually would have preferred to take the ring to mount doom compared to what we went through the last 3 days. Penn station was crazy, the Path Trains were crazy, we were on the piere with about 2 thousand people waiting to head back to Brooklyn. That motherfucking company Citigroup hired some of the boats away for their employees only. I was going to jump one of them and steal their I.D. so me and my co-worker could get on. I'm just grateful I was able to even walk, I feel bad for those who couldn't get around. This city's business lost a lot of money. We saw over half the stores and restaurants closed, those bastards will not have a union anymore after this. That Toussaint guy, better pray he does not live in Brooklyn!!!!!! Talk to you guys later. Enjoy the Holidays :-)

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:03 pm

BeerNut wrote:$400 million a day... That is freaking insane.

A may piss off a few people, but I HATE unions. They encourage laziness, minimal work ethic, undeserved wages and benefits, and are more often an obligation rather than a choice.

To top it all off, they are an archaic throwback to poor working conditions in the early-industrial US that have been more or less eliminated by since-updated government regulations.

Today for the most part that is true but beer you need to study history. Without unions people suffered, were underpaid, not allowed time off and let go for the slightest of reasons. Many people died for the cause of unions. Now there just overbalanced on the other side of the scale.

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:30 pm

nonstop wrote:Today for the most part that is true but beer you need to study history. Without unions people suffered, were underpaid, not allowed time off and let go for the slightest of reasons. Many people died for the cause of unions. Now there just overbalanced on the other side of the scale.

Yep... That's pretty much exactly what I said without the detail. In the early industrial US, they were absolutely a neccessary entity to fight sweat-shops, poor working conditions, unfair wage control, etc...
The signing of the The National Labor Relations Act of 1935 was the key legislative component to giving Unions the government recognized power and more importantly, the ability to negotiate and relate with employers... This more or less defined what a Union is today.
The difference now.. is that the formation of many labor-related government entities such as OSHA take precendent over both Unions and management in terms of what constitutes a safe work environment.
And on the $$$ side of things, many business have suffered as pay scales in Union contracts are defined to assume a certain level of economic growth... Which has obviously NOT proven true over all fields of business (you should see the mess auto parts manufacturers are in, here in Detroit).
Anyways... I almost went into HRA as a field, so I can assure you... my study of Union history is probably good enough to carry on a coherent conversation with most. ;)
*Beer -&- UT*

=A!M=NuGe

Postby =A!M=NuGe » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:00 pm

:roll: ever been in a Union any of you?
Here is how a company treats its NON-UNION management. MERRY XMAS.
http://www.cfo.com/article.cfm/5276428/ ... in=archive
Hows this for HA-HAS look @ where Verizon ranks
http://www.gpec.org/InfoCenter/Topics/E ... ne500.html

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:08 pm

BeerNut wrote:
nonstop wrote:Today for the most part that is true but beer you need to study history. Without unions people suffered, were underpaid, not allowed time off and let go for the slightest of reasons. Many people died for the cause of unions. Now there just overbalanced on the other side of the scale.

Yep... That's pretty much exactly what I said without the detail. In the early industrial US, they were absolutely a neccessary entity to fight sweat-shops, poor working conditions, unfair wage control, etc...
The signing of the The National Labor Relations Act of 1935 was the key legislative component to giving Unions the government recognized power and more importantly, the ability to negotiate and relate with employers... This more or less defined what a Union is today.
The difference now.. is that the formation of many labor-related government entities such as OSHA take precendent over both Unions and management in terms of what constitutes a safe work environment.
And on the $$$ side of things, many business have suffered as pay scales in Union contracts are defined to assume a certain level of economic growth... Which has obviously NOT proven true over all fields of business (you should see the mess auto parts manufacturers are in, here in Detroit).
Anyways... I almost went into HRA as a field, so I can assure you... my study of Union history is probably good enough to carry on a coherent conversation with most. ;)

Dear God beer! simma down now! :lol:

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:43 pm

BeerNut wrote: (you should see the mess auto parts manufacturers are in, here in Detroit).

I second that. Anyone that wants to discuss GM/Ford/DCX just get me started ;)
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Return to “thoughts... more or less”