Sorry for being an ass tonight

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Sôöpâ Shäwtÿ

Sorry for being an ass tonight

Postby Sôöpâ Shäwtÿ » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:21 am

Those of you who were on the TAM server know what's up. There was absolutely no excuse for the way I acted. I apologize to everyone who had to put up with my bullshit attitude. Just frustrating when you finally get to where you're averaging +4/+5 (including a 52-17 game) a couple of weeks ago to barely scoring 20 on TAM, but that still isn't an excuse.

On that note, I think I'm going to have to take a break from playing UT "competitively" (if you can call it that) for a good while. Still play some pub matches or an occasional TAM match, but not taking shit so seriously. I'm starting to forget that UT is a game and not a career (yeah, it's sad, flame on). It's getting to the point where I'm breaking desks and punching holes in the wall and stupid shit like that (even sadder, flame on tenfold).

Sometimes I need to remember not even the best of the best players are making any money off this game anymore, so maybe I, of all people, shouldn't be taking it that seriously. I've got LOTS more personal issues to deal with, so a break from "competitive" Unreal play is probably the best thing I can do right now.

Again, sorry for being such a jerk, and I'll do a better job of keeping my emotions under control.

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:33 am

I hate it when I have to go to bed early and miss all the excitement :lol:

FWIW, I forgive you :-)

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:14 am

Shawnty thanks for stopping by and telling me what was up. I saw some stuff but didn't realize what was going on.

Ace

Re: Sorry for being an ass tonight

Postby Ace » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:23 am

T-Shawty wrote:Sometimes I need to remember not even the best of the best players are making any money off this game anymore, so maybe I, of all people, shouldn't be taking it that seriously.

I don't know what is more shocking to me, the fact that I've been playing the UT series since 99 and haven't seen a dime of money yet (please tell me it comes with the Social Security check) or T-Shawty is playing competitive on our server :lol: Dammit, are you guys putting forth effort without me?

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:57 am

I can't believe he apologized just for being an ass... If I did that, I'd get no rest 8)

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:21 am

Shawty, shit happens and everyone goes through phases like this. Hope to see you soon!

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:23 am

Ace wrote:(please tell me it comes with the Social Security check)

Yeah being as old as you are, you should be getting a ss check very soon right .. or have they already started coming :P
... WTF ...

Dr.Feelgood

Postby Dr.Feelgood » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:45 am

Dude, no big deal...I've made about 30 odd apologies before to the group as a whole for acting like a grade A jackass after having shit nights.
Because I really don't have anything interesting to say for the most part...

"Hi mom!"

Psycho

Postby Psycho » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:10 pm

Those shit nights suck beyond anything but i know just how you feel, doing so good on that bit of a high then all of a sudden you just into one match and boom you can't hit shit, you can't dodge, you're getting stuck on everything u walk by it's just so frustrating, that first match you hope it was just a fluke but then it starts happening in the next one and the next one that's usually when I start getting pretty pissed and swearing constantly, hitting stuff, throwing mouse (probably why my mouse doesn't work right now :P) then I decide that's when I need a break and I take one usually I'll take a few days off from UT gaming all together, maybe spec and come to the forums to chat with buddies but that's where I draw the line then after a few days I try to play again and normally I don't get so upset and I'm playing better. So a break sounds like the perfect solution for you.

Cüßèli

Postby Cüßèli » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:28 pm

Ace wrote:
T-Shawty wrote:Sometimes I need to remember not even the best of the best players are making any money off this game anymore, so maybe I, of all people, shouldn't be taking it that seriously.

I don't know what is more shocking to me, the fact that I've been playing the UT series since 99 and haven't seen a dime of money yet (please tell me it comes with the Social Security check) or T-Shawty is playing competitive on our server :lol: Dammit, are you guys putting forth effort without me?

A classic :lol:

I don't now you dude but whatever you're doing it's a step on the right direction. Ask noni he's my mentor (except he does it all for free).

Hoss

Postby Hoss » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:32 pm

Just a little tidbit...just always keep in mind it's just a game - that's all! Games imply fun competiveness. I was at the bottom for the last game too - but I was having fun anyway. When I am at the top and can't gloat either. Don't worry - taking a break is solid advice and you will soon attain a different attitude when playing - just have fun!

ClownMajik
SpoogeMan!

Postby ClownMajik » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:42 pm

try doing what I do when I'm fustrated. Just yell random words like BLARGH, SPOOOOOOGE, blibber blab blee bood daaka woooooo!
"Of all the moments in my life, you were always there somewhere. Once as a wish. Once as a blessing. And now as the greatest loss I'll ever experience."

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:44 pm

clown does this no matter how he is playing, so I personally would not take his advice very seriously =)

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:46 pm

{ACDC}Cüßèli wrote:
I don't now you dude but whatever you're doing it's a step on the right direction. Ask noni he's my mentor (except he does it all for free).

In this case the student has snatched the pebble from my hand. :wink: ( I said snatch :o :lol: )

Sôöpâ Shäwtÿ

Postby Sôöpâ Shäwtÿ » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:48 pm

Ace wrote:I don't know what is more shocking to me, the fact that I've been playing the UT series since 99 and haven't seen a dime of money yet (please tell me it comes with the Social Security check) or T-Shawty is playing competitive on our server :lol:

Yeah, it's pretty sad to watch, I know. I was meaning to say that UT2K4 isn't being played at WCG or CPL or on any major stage like that anymore.

Return to “thoughts... more or less”