Extreme Obsolescense - A tribute to Non's GeForce 7800gtx

If you thought twice about it or just laughed your ass off here's the place to share. Screenshots, quotes, captures, etc.

Moderator: ForumModerators

law.of.averages

Extreme Obsolescense - A tribute to Non's GeForce 7800gtx

Postby law.of.averages » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:37 pm

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:26 pm

lol
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:29 pm

Oh Law you big jealous boy you. :wink: So that makes your tnt2 w/16 meg ram ...... a national treasure because it's a relic now? :lol:

The measurements are pouring in and the new ati is keeping up in some categories, loosing in others and winning in some too. All in all looks like a good card. I'm for competition so let it go. I hope it's better in some ways.

One little problem is ATI has been accused of vaporware from their last marketing blitz of the x800 series with cards finally trickling into the marketplace, literally 6-8 months later. They have been forced to announce early because of the pace Nvidia is setting so time will tell if you can have one of these new cards before say next easter?

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:03 pm

Well, I thought it appropriate after the other nite :-) Not that it matters much to me... I have to stick with my 9800xt ... probably until my son gets out of college

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:10 pm

I know you were ribbin and I appreciate that. :wink: I dish enough out that I need some.

Plus, the 9800xt is a great card.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:06 am

As you can see the new ATI takes over in a couple games and looses in a couple. Overall looks like a good card. Downside, can you actually find one this time? If you go to online retailers even though they announced the cards availability there are no cards available even in the "coming soon" areas. Check zipzoomfly or newegg. Nvidia announced their 7800gtx and you could get it that day. The other drawback is even though the performance is fairly even the ATI card is more expensive than the 7800gtx. In the midrange of the new offering nvidia's older 6800 still outperforms ATI's newest offering, the 1600, and is less expensive.

From anandtech.com:

The one caveat will be pricing. The 7800 GTX is already available at much less than where the X1800 XT is slated to debut. Granted, the 7800 GTX fell from about $600 to where it is today, but the fact of the matter is that until ATI's new parts are in the market for a while and settle into their price points they won't be viable alternatives to NVIDIA's 6 and 7 series parts.

After market forces have their way with ATI and prices come out more or less on par with performance characteristics, the new X1000 lineup will have quite a bit of value, especially for those who wish to enable AA/AF all the time. While the X1800 XL can be competitive with the 7800 GT, it won't matter much if the street price remains at near the level of the 7800 GTX.

Yes, the X1800 XT is a very powerful card, but it won't be available for some time now. With its 512MB of onboard RAM, the X1800 XT scales especially well at high resolutions, but we would be very interested in seeing what a 512MB version of the 7800 GTX would be capable of doing. Maybe by the time the X1800 XT makes it to market we will have a 512MB 7800 GTX as well.

Some comparisons:

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:05 am

What graphics package did you use to create the bar charts? They look pretty professional. ;-)

I think MSI is already shipping their version of the x1300 ... but i could be wrong as I didn't click 'buy now'

Ace

Postby Ace » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:52 am

Best part is Non looking at the top of the line cards when spending $25 bucks would upgrade him to something decent from the Trident 1 MB card he's running now:

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:05 pm

Ace wrote:Best part is Non looking at the top of the line cards when spending $25 bucks would upgrade him to something decent from the Trident 1 MB card he's running now:

Nice to see you coming out of the woods ace.

I noticed you typed 'nonstop pickle' last night when I was fragged and now some ribbing on the boards directed at me? Does this mean your coming out of hiding? :wink:

What I 'see' is a doctored bar graph...

but all I can 'hear' is the sweet notes of Ace smitten in a torrential undercurrent of jealousy and unmitigated desire for nonstop and his 733t card... :shock:

*smooches

Ace

Postby Ace » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:16 pm

Nah, Ace is still offically retired, but he has not retired from giving people crap. Pickins are slim lately, so need to find new avenues:

Av's 324 posts a day, gone.
Rall's constant Phobos cry, gone.
Nyte's dogs barking over TS, gone.
Sid is back, so I can't talk bad about him anymore.
Hubble, never attempts to suduce me like he used to.
Haven't see Dragn standing in a corner in months.
Jeta, well, she's a bitch.

So, that really only leaves you Non and your vid card to make fun of.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:25 pm

lol Well sign me up buddy. I always enjoy fraggin with you and enjoy a good round of $hit giving as long as it's all in good humor and fun.

And are you retired? I see you all the time on servers by yourself? So does that mean your retired from playing humans? No comprende?

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:24 pm

hey, im still here to give u grief....its just like at 486 speeds now...LOL

more like 386

this no connection thing bytes....i miss :twisted: annoying :twisted: u guys!

in a good way!

(i think)
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:51 am

Ace wrote:Nah, Ace is still offically retired

Not suprised ... retiring is what old people do and you can find non older then old man ace. Poor guy. Life over and nothing to show for it. Now is the time for everyone to feel sorry for poor ole ace!

Ace wrote:Jeta, well, she's a bitch.

Damn straight and proud of it :)
... WTF ...

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:07 am

Yeah, but officially I still hold more than 40% of the whole forum's posts. Ah, too bad I haven't remade the official spam thread. I think that was the thread with the largest amount of posts on any of the two forums, mostly being filled with nyte and me with smiley spam and just, well, "spam". Ah, the good old days....

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:07 am

Avaris wrote:Yeah, but officially I still hold more than 40% of the whole forum's posts. Ah, too bad I haven't remade the official spam thread. I think that was the thread with the largest amount of posts on any of the two forums, mostly being filled with nyte and me with smiley spam and just, well, "spam". Ah, the good old days....

don't make me reset your post count ;)
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Return to “did that really happen?”