And I thought *I* had a bad weekend...

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

law.of.averages

And I thought *I* had a bad weekend...

Postby law.of.averages » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:03 am

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.d ... 60331/1006

I worked with Dan T. for about 2 years back around 1998-1999. Just goes to show how things can always be worse than they are.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:26 pm

Sorry about the loss Law.

The story is a little odd in some places to me. First that he is 40 and skateboarding with his friends? Then while skateboarding decides to take all of them over for a confrontation? That could look very threatening even to me and I'm a pretty big guy. I wonder why he didn't just go and ask him personally and I wonder what he was wanting to get out of going to confront the shooter? If he was wanting a confession he was asking for trouble to begin with as it sounds like their was a squabble so threatening a guy or having a hostile conversation in a strangers doorway is never a good thing. Obviously you don't expect someone to open fire so this guy clearly is a lunatic, (no offense lun), but it is sounding like anger played a role on both sides possibly.

At the same time it was interesting that they didn't put any comments about what was said? Even the friends, who were clearly available afterwards, did not have any quotes. I'm wondering if your friend got in his face to much?

Ok my investigation is over for now.

What is sad is he had kids and what a terrible loss over nothing this is.

Keep me posted on details if you find any law.

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:51 pm

More *his* loss than mine Non. It's been awhile since I've seen or spoken with Dan... and to tell the truth... he was a pain in the ass to work with...(not worth murder, mind you) It was something of an OMG though, when compared to what *I* thought was a bad weekend.

I agree there's more to the story... Dan was something of a surfer nut, so the skateboarding isn't that far fetched. Can't see why he went to confront the guy at 1:00 AM... I suspect beer was involved.

An unreliable source told me that *he* told Dan to bring witnesses because 'you never know if the guy is a psycho with a gun' ... as I said that source is unreliable, but it does make you wonder why he went and did it anwyays.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:22 pm

That sounds about right. I thought it looked like some guys working themselves up for a confrontation. Just didn't look good.

I put 'sorry for your loss' as I thought you may be close to him. Of course it's always going to be more of 'their' loss when they died silly. Well then again, if you believe in heaven and/or the afterlife is it really a loss or more of their gain? :)

Paul said I long to be out of the body and present with the Lord. 8)

I feel the loss is usually more on the part of the people left behind that were close to the person who has left their earthly vessle.

1/2LuNaTiC

Postby 1/2LuNaTiC » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:26 pm

Man that really sucks. I too don't understand why you would approach them at night with a group. Most people would be pretty paranoid in that situation. Situation may have been much better if it weren't under those circumstances.

Return to “thoughts... more or less”