Ace and Trin's Weekend

If you thought twice about it or just laughed your ass off here's the place to share. Screenshots, quotes, captures, etc.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Ace

Ace and Trin's Weekend

Postby Ace » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:05 pm

Trin and I went and watched the Lion's first home pre-season game this weekend. As far as watching football, I prefer to sit on the couch and enjoy the perfect views and the replays of important plays on TV, but it was a fun experience to visit the new stadium.

A vendor who my company buys equipment from time to time hooked me up with the tickets. He's almost always trying to take me out to the strip clubs (to persuade me to buy more equipment from him)....I guess he finally found my weakness...

The game was between the Lions and the Browns. I love football, but I do prefer the college game to the Pros. What made this game most special for me was the fact that I had the chance to possibly see a rookie from my favor college team playing for the Browns. He just signed his multi-million dollar contract the a few days earlier, so there was only a slim chance I'd get to see him play.

Here's a shot of some of the pre-game warm-ups:

The seats we got were very good seats (really not a bad seat in the place). The seats we had were classified as "club" seats so we got slightly better treatment which included leather covered, padded, seating. Not much leg room though as you can see:

Here's the Lion's first formation to start their opening drive this season at home:

Here's where my "rookie" first got in the game (slot receiver):

Kind of slowed down with the pics after this happened, so I could "watch" the game better. I was very happy that 1) my guy even made it on the field 2) he caught a short pass to get a first down. So, at this point I was completely happy with the experience.

It was pre-season game, so the starters weren't in the game very long and it was kind of a sloppy game as both teams started putting in more and more new players. Even for a pre-season game, it got exciting at the end and I couldn't ask for a better ending. Lions were up 13-7 with about 2 minutes to go in the game with the Browns driving. Just for the fun of it, I called my dad (also a big fan) to tell him what was going on etc. He of course was listening to the game at home, but I knew he'd get a kick out of hearing from me from the game and tell him what was going on exactly as it was happening. With 54 seconds left, the Browns had the ball on the Lions 7 yard line with 4th down. Pretty much last play of the game (to decide the winner), the Browns sent in my "rookie" and they threw the exact pass that made him famous in college...a jump ball in the corner of the endzone. Well, he caught it for the score and won the game for the Browns! I was cheering for him, yelling and screaming to my dad what happened....Trin is punching me in the arm because my excitement is going against the Lions....meanwhile all I'm thinking was I couldn't have asked for a better game for what I was after.

1) Visit Ford Field -- Done
2) See Edwards (my rookie) in person -- Done
3) See Edwards get in the game -- Done
4) See Edwards catch a pass -- Done
5) See Edwards catch a TD pass -- Done
5) See Edwards catch the game winner TD pass -- Done
6) Call my Dad from the stadium -- Done
7) Sad as it sounds, see the Lions do what they do best, loose the game in only a way they could lose a game -- Done

Really kind of a cool experience for me. Trin wasn't happy with the outcome, but I think she had a fun time....plus she got to punch me a couple of times.
Last edited by Ace on Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:11 pm

Ok, Ace, how do you get the screen shots out of the xbox?

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:11 pm

Thanks for the hairy legs shot. :P :oops:

Yes the club experience is very overrated imo. Have been to a few Chiefs games in the club and it wasn't so good. Good view of the game though.

Sounds like a good day.

Dr.Feelgood

Postby Dr.Feelgood » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:12 pm

Lucky bastage.

All my sports teams suck.
Because I really don't have anything interesting to say for the most part...

"Hi mom!"

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:12 pm

Magic. BTW, that was only one part of the weekend, where is the rest?!

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:44 pm

I went to a Chiefs game about 10 years ago, I don't remember much except it was so loud! I would like to go again, but doubt I will.

In related news: I actually got to play a football game at Arrowhead Stadium when I played Pop Warner football, there were maybe a couple hundred parents and that's it, but you could barely hear the QB calling hike! Fun stuff =)

Rall_Ricker

Postby Rall_Ricker » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:20 pm

ewwwww hairy legs and, yes im baaaaaack
dont let the tiggrrrr get u...or nyte the nipple pincher either

Ace

Postby Ace » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:44 am

Lucky bastage.

Over the past 4 years, I don't think the Lions have 10 wins total....if any team out there needs a cheat code, they are it.

BTW, that was only one part of the weekend, where is the rest?!

The trip to Best Buy on Sunday didn't seem exciting enough to take pictures.

ewwwww hairy legs

So, if I say those are Trin's legs....what kind of reaction do I get?

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:25 am

Ace wrote:So, if I say those are Trin's legs....what kind of reaction do I get?

How about: Funny, she doesn't sound German. (or is that armpits?)

Vendetta

Postby Vendetta » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:13 pm

Saw a phew games at the silverDome Ace, back in the day of Barry sanders, but the new stadium looks awesome, now i'm stuck between the Browns to the north and the Bengals to the south :cry: . Think I'll stick with the Lions! Oh and of course the Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice legs BTW Trin oh wait i mean Ace :oops:
Fortune follows the Bold.

Dr.Feelgood

Postby Dr.Feelgood » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:40 pm

Ace wrote:
Lucky bastage.

Over the past 4 years, I don't think the Lions have 10 wins total....if any team out there needs a cheat code, they are it.

Bengals, Reds, Mets, Yankees, Rangers, Devils and Islanders all all my home teams.

Only the Rangers and Islanders have proven their suck for the year (That'll happen in October...)
Because I really don't have anything interesting to say for the most part...

"Hi mom!"

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:16 pm

I saw the chiefs a couple years ago playing the bengals in cinni... thats when they lost that 10 game winning spree...

Every game i've been to at Ford Field the Lions have lost... :(

So Ace, welcome to my go-to-and-game-and-watch-the-losers club!
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:26 pm

now for a nice nonsequitor aka hijack...

What camera is that? It takes pretty decent pics.

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:32 pm

Son of a ....

Don't get to read the forums for one day, and look what happens.

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:33 pm

Ace set you up!
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Return to “did that really happen?”