This is one of the most absurd things ever

If you thought twice about it or just laughed your ass off here's the place to share. Screenshots, quotes, captures, etc.

Moderator: ForumModerators

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

This is one of the most absurd things ever

Postby pewterdragn » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:26 pm

<rant>

You gotta love the stupidity in this country. I can't believe how people can over-dramatize and take the stupidest things to extremes.

http://www.berksmontnews.com/site/news. ... 2980&rfi=6

This is all about fear as these people have no clue how to do their jobs. Control through fear is a tool of the weak minded and those full of their own fear.

</rant>
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:58 pm

I'm stunned, felony charges.

I mean damn, if the password was that easy to access and distribute, then obviously something was wrong with them. Punish the students through the school system, not the police.
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

nonstop

Re: This is one of the most absurd things ever

Postby nonstop » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:22 pm

pewterdragn wrote:<rant>

This is all about fear as these people have no clue how to do their jobs. Control through fear is a tool of the weak minded and those full of their own fear.

</rant>

Uhmmmm isn't that what Bush has been doing?

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:53 pm

nonstop wrote:
pewterdragn wrote:<rant>

</rant>

Uhmmmm isn't that what Bush has been doing?

Yeah pretty much, theres a reason I don't watch the news. I usually pick up an issue of Time, but I'm thinking of stopping that because there was this issue in it about how a terrorist group enters a nuclear power site and comes in with WW2 expolosives and all this shit. Needless to say it was straight out of Hollywood, and the chances of it happening are slim to none.

The news is just disguisting anyway, nothing happy ever happens, alls they care about are their ratings.
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:26 pm

thats stupid

heck, my class and i did the same thing to our HS computer system in the library....it was passworded, but anyone who knew basic PC could get in and delete the ini file for the security system...

blame the ppl running it, not the kids....sure, they shoulda knew better, but is no their fault that the PW info got out, thats the administrators fault or the the fault of the staff
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:32 pm

I'm doing it right now! :lol:

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:31 am

Soulja wrote:
Yeah pretty much, theres a reason I don't watch the news. I usually pick up an issue of Time, but I'm thinking of stopping that because there was this issue in it about how a terrorist group enters a nuclear power site and comes in with WW2 expolosives and all this shit. Needless to say it was straight out of Hollywood, and the chances of it happening are slim to none.

Not to contribute to the unnecessary hysteria that being used to strip us of our civil liberties and allow the Bushies to run roughshod over time honored traditions of personal freedom...but, isn't your "the chances of it happening are slim to none." the same kind of reasoning that we had about captured airplanes being used as weapons on Americna soil pre 9/11?

I think that the point of the Time article is a good one. We need to take security at nuclear power plants much more seriously, seriously enough to beef up security substantially at those plants.
Deadly

Dr.Feelgood

Postby Dr.Feelgood » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:36 am

deadly wrote:
Soulja wrote:

Not to contribute to the unnecessary hysteria that being used to strip us of our civil liberties and allow the Bushies to run roughshod over time honored traditions of personal freedom...but, isn't your "the chances of it happening are slim to none." the same kind of reasoning that we had about captured airplanes being used as weapons on Americna soil pre 9/11?

I think that the point of the Time article is a good one. We need to take security at nuclear power plants much more seriously, seriously enough to beef up security substantially at those plants.

I worked at an airport for about a year and a half right after 9/11. I can tell you that if there had been actual security measures worth a shit in there, they simply wouldn't have happened. The security is actually worse now, and service is virtually non-existant. I've told members of the TSA to fuck off many times (Yes, I actually have)

Of course, my personal belief that the best way to prevent any sort of air incident is to do what El Al has done, armed guard on the plane....incidents are a lot less likely to happen with a member of the armed services sitting in the jump seat.
Because I really don't have anything interesting to say for the most part...

"Hi mom!"

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:32 am

Notice how the airports in the european union work with less tight security and how many incidents have happened there...I agree with Doc on this one though, the security in our airports is terrible, as it only gives a superficial effect that it actually works. I mean, as much as we're spending on all this crap, shouldn't it at least work?

Dr.Feelgood

Postby Dr.Feelgood » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:37 am

.avaris wrote:Notice how the airports in the european union work with less tight security and how many incidents have happened there...I agree with Doc on this one though, the security in our airports is terrible, as it only gives a superficial effect that it actually works. I mean, as much as we're spending on all this crap, shouldn't it at least work?

The reason why security there works so much better is that they have a no bullshit policy. Its hilarious how quickly a person becomes a national sterotype when they travel, Americans (Unless they fly a lot on busisness or have worked in an airport) ALWAYS leave their brains in the car for example...

"Hi mom!"

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:49 am

Very true, you can always spot an american at any airport by their demeanor, and it's become a stereotype! I remember the good old days of traveling at these airports where there wasn't a god-d****ed fifty foot line to get through at security. And how many of these terrible attacks happened in those days?

Dr.Feelgood

Postby Dr.Feelgood » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:11 pm

.avaris wrote:Very true, you can always spot an american at any airport by their demeanor, and it's become a stereotype! I remember the good old days of traveling at these airports where there wasn't a god-d****ed fifty foot line to get through at security. And how many of these terrible attacks happened in those days?

One of my favorite things to do when I was working at CVG was to spot security holes...There's a couple of good ones where if you have a hand grenade and a good arm you can destroy some of Delta's regional jets...

"Hi mom!"

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:51 pm

.avaris wrote:Notice how the airports in the european union work with less tight security and how many incidents have happened there...

Kaff...gonna have to disagree with you on this one. Airports in Europe do not have less tight secruity then we have here .. unless you considerfully armed rows of militia less security!
... WTF ...

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:32 pm

Well, not the ones I've been at, unless you actually went out of the airport completely and had to go back in. I mean, I've always had connecting flights, so it's probably different that way. But I always remember not having to go through all those bull-shit checks that you have to do here in the US, unless there have been drastic changes in two years..... We were once at an airport Doc, and someone mistook a bar of soap and a cord from a hand dryer as a bomb :lol:

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:31 pm

Well I have flown to Europe quite a few times and its been like that all the times I can remember...

I do agree though things have definatly changed quite a bit since I was younger at our airport. I still cant beleive they wont let people pick up at the gate anymore....oh well, they are doing what they can given the changing times
... WTF ...

Return to “did that really happen?”