Had to go to the ER

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Prozac

Had to go to the ER

Postby Prozac » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:09 pm

Hey everyone, just thought I'd drop you all a line. I woke up at 3:00 AM today with pretty severe pain in my right chest/shoulder and back region. I was having trouble breathing, because when I tried to fill my lungs all the way, my lungs were pushing into the pain area.

So at about 6:00 AM, I drove myself to the ER. They did ekg/x-rays and drew blood. Then the doc came in and told me that it wasn't my heart, but that I had sprained my entire shoulder region - don't ask me how, I just know it hurt like hell, and scared me enough to make me go to the ER.

I'm falling apart. :lol: :roll: First my left side with tendonitis, and now my right side with the shoulder thing. She told me to rest it for six weeks, so until I feel the pain is gone enough I'm going to play UT using one of those Christopher Reeves breathing tubes. LOL

Nah, I'll just come on TS and and spec you guys playing. Oh well, life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone. :x :D

Pro

Duffy

Re: Had to go to the ER

Postby Duffy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:11 pm

Good to hear it was nothing serious. You just spec'ing and not playing wow, I got to see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity !

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:48 pm

Wow that is weird. Seems to me when you sprain something you would know it right away. You did this in the middle of the night ?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:55 pm

Porkinator wrote:Wow that is weird. Seems to me when you sprain something you would know it right away. You did this in the middle of the night ?

me thinks prok is right. could you have been laughing hard in your sleep? i know i know....you were acting out some of them jackass stunts in your sleep!

good to hear it was nothing serious.
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Prozac

Postby Prozac » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:56 pm

Who knows Pork, the doctor could be wrong. I could have a pinched nerve. But the pain actually started about 2 days ago very, very minor. Then it got progressively worse, peaking while I slept. Go figure. :?:

Prozac

Postby Prozac » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:59 pm

good to hear it was nothing serious.

from Sid------------copied and pasted from Duffy's post. lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:58 pm

wow man, glad your ok....thanks for giving us the update....

ive heard stranger things....i kno i toss and turn alot when i sleep, and have pulled muscles even...hurts like hell, and u dont even realize it till you get up and try to use said muscle...

yup, ur on the IR now....no pinch hits or being a pinch runner or even getting me my world heavyweight jackass and backstabber belt....ill have sid take over for u in the meantime...

rest up, take ur meds, and follow the dr's orders...just spec, laugh and advise EVERYONE from the sidelines (esp poark), LOLZ
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

Return to “thoughts... more or less”