Trackmania Nations Forever

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Sloth

Trackmania Nations Forever

Postby Sloth » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:27 pm

Remember the old "stunt" driver simulator from when we were kids in the Arcade? It was the game that cost the extra quarter so you never played it. It was a kick ass simulator that had that big loop-de-loop that I could never pull off. Well this game has the same stunt feel but with an added racing spin to it.

http://www.tm-united.com/eng/index.php? ... =downloads

oh btw... it's free.

On April 16th, the full version of Trackmania Nations Forever was released with full network support. We can set up groups and race togethor or try and beat each other's times. It's quite fun. and it's free....

Whats nice is that you can compete on your own schedule or compete online in a "time attack mode" (which is basically given a time frame... like 5 minutes... the person that finishes the track in the quickest time possible wins). Because this is a stunt racer with no collision, it also is not ping dependent opening up servers across the world. There is a huge community and this free offering is a testament to Nadeo's emphasis on community development.

It won't win any awards for realism - it is a stunt racer - but it definitely is fun. this is coming from a big Gran Turismo fan so take that for what it's worth.

If anyone is interested, we have a few guys from resurrection playing, talkin about starting up a server on our box.

did i mention it was free?

-Sloth

Duffy

Re: Trackmania Nations Forever

Postby Duffy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:52 pm

Yep played that game about a year ago online it is a blast I have to admit for being a basic game.
Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity !

Sloth

Postby Sloth » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:17 pm

When I said Trackmania Nations Forever was released on April 16th (yesterday) I meant that the full version was released FREE to the public as a download with full online support. Just wanted to clarify. :)

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:37 pm

Sloth wrote:Remember the old "stunt" driver simulator from when we were kids in the Arcade? It was the game that cost the extra quarter so you never played it. It was a kick ass simulator that had that big loop-de-loop that I could never pull off. Well this game has the same stunt feel but with an added racing spin to it.
-Sloth

Hehe... "Hard Drivin" bitch :D

Your post cracked me up, because I can 100% relate to ALL of it. Because it costed a whopping $0.50 to play, I only tried it when someone gave me their game... And I NEVER pulled off that damn loop either.
God I feel old :(

Great post on the stunt racer download... Will definitely take a look at it.
*Beer -&- UT*

Sloth

Postby Sloth » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:04 pm

Well if any of you guys actually get into it, send me your username

xfire: spasticemu
email: sloth@teamresurrection.com

I can check with the rest of the guys.. maybe we can add you to our group and get some competition going :D

Sloth

Postby Sloth » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:25 am

Unfortunately, no access to the "group" features with the free version :(

But $29.99 for the online experience is worth it IMO

I'm truly enjoying this game - bought this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F6BGXY

so I can use my PS2 dual shock on the PC

Return to “thoughts... more or less”