drum roll..... please......

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

nonstop

drum roll..... please......

Postby nonstop » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:51 am

Crysis Demo Released [October 26, 2007, 7:12 pm ET] - 65 Comments
The single-player for Crysis is now available, either earlier or later than planned, depending on which plan you are discussing, capping a couple of days of confusion about the release. The download is a whopping 1.77 GB, which can be found on 3D Downloads, 4players.de, ActionTrip, AusGamers, ComputerGames.ro, eXp.de, FileFront, Fragland.net, FanGaming, FilePlanet, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, Internode Games Network, OnlineWelten, PixelRage, and Shacknews. Contrary to our speculation earlier, this is apparently both the DX9 and DX 10 demo. Also, new NVIDIA beta drivers for the demo were released earlier today (story).

Houdini

Re: drum roll..... please......

Postby Houdini » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:36 am

yay!!!!! I am going to play the hell out of it after work tonight.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:01 pm

lots of torrent files of it I got in in 30 mins with a torrent hitting 1.5 MB/s. Does anyone have a membership to fileshack or one of those? Wondering if that is ever worth it. I think I am going to get steam again for the new half life when that is out.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:39 am

Non what you think man? I cant freaking wait for the game so I can get into the frozen desert sh*t. I really like the middle mouse pop up funtions that is easy to do and helpful. Also once I started riding in the trucks and gunning poeple down I was sold.

Ace

Postby Ace » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:15 pm

UT2K4 to UT3 = What not to do

Farcry to Crysis = Everything done right

Within 30 seconds of starting the game up, the concept of the suit is kick ass! That alone makes the game. Leave it to a game set in the present, to dump the pick up power-ups off the ground idea instead of a game that is based on the future. It's that lack of innovation that really pisses me off with UT3, it's the same damn game and it took them 3 years to make it. Imagine that, adding a new idea to the game....hello McFly (UT3). First, the suit looks bad ass and second it adds something new to the game! Explain to me why Cyrsis players look better then future unreal tournament warriors, gay.

I probably played a total of 15 minutes last night, which equaled the same amount of time I put into UT3 the first time. 180 degree difference with how I feel about the game. Crysis immediately gave me the "holy sh*t" that's cool reaction I expect from a new game. The level of interaction with the world completely pwns anything in UT3 to the point it's not even fair to compare them. As Trin was playing last night, we both were laughing hysterically as she caught a crab in her hand then chucked it out into the ocean, not to mention smashing beer bottles on rocks. Mowing down trees aka Mack Predator style, amazing. Stick a fork in it, game over. This game will get $50 bucks from me the minute it hits the shelf.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:20 pm

Its does kick ass. I was playing earlier and I found a beached gun boat so I got in the Humvee and pushed it out and jumped in. Driving the gun boat is hilarious cruising by the other boat and mowing the guy down was fun as hell.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:47 pm

I like it houdini. I don't know if I'm going to get all emo on it like ace did but... 8)

I really liked the suit mods like you all and the open ended nature of it. I got that feeling 2 min into the game that this was truley next generation stuff and I haven't had that feeling for a long time with a game. I'm going to play the demo again just to try some of the stuff you guys did with the boats and whatnot as I pretty much just stealthed my way through the first time because that invis mode on the suite just is too sweet. I love it when you turn it on while the guys are firing at you and you see them start scrambling and firing all around them and saying "where did he go".

The speed mode is also just too cool. I still like the new ut demo and as ut probably will be in my blood for many years I will probably have to play it even though I feel like it's just gears of war with ut models but oh well.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:11 pm

I went back through it to show a friend and I had missed some obvious stuff the first time. The night vison goggles make things much easier. I also did the throat grab and then hit the strength button and threw the guy into a wall it was sweet as hell.

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:36 am

Definitely a winner in my books. I put the playing level on easy just so I could play around with the environment more. I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I chucked a chicken at the enemy. This was after I caught the crabs... ooh... that didn't quite sound right, did it?

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:17 am

Trinity wrote:This was after I caught the crabs... ooh...

Your preaching to the choir sista.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:22 am

Does the demo have DX10 or is that going to be just the game? I think I am ready to deal with lack of a complete driver set and jump to Vista to play this thing in DX10.

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:12 pm

somebody remind me to download it when I gets home

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:34 pm

DX9 and OpenGL foreva!
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:45 am

Houdini wrote:Does the demo have DX10 or is that going to be just the game? I think I am ready to deal with lack of a complete driver set and jump to Vista to play this thing in DX10.

It's dx10 and 9 enabled but you can do some tweaks that bring it closer to some of the dx10 effects.

Ace

Postby Ace » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:55 pm

Haha, bonus!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=522

I haven't "tested" yet, but I will when I get home tonight ;)

Return to “thoughts... more or less”