This is cool

If you thought twice about it or just laughed your ass off here's the place to share. Screenshots, quotes, captures, etc.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Porkinator

This is cool

Postby Porkinator » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:34 pm

There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in the film. Everything you see really happened in real time exactly as you see it..
The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor, didn't work. They would then have to set the whole thing up again. The crew spent weeks shooting night and day. By the time it was over, they were ready to change professions.
The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete including full engineering of the sequence. In addition, it's two minutes long so every time Honda airs the film on British television, they're shelling out enough dough to keep any one of us in clover for a lifetime. However, it is fast becoming the most downloaded advertisement in internet history.
Honda executives figure the ad will soon pay for itself simply in "free viewings" (Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!). When the ad was pitched to senior executives, they signed off on it immediately without any hesitation - including the costs. There are six and only six hand-made Honda Accords in the world. To the horror of Honda engineers, the filmmakers disassembled two of them to make the film. Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and complete Honda Accord) is parts from those two cars.
The voiceover is Garrison Keillor. When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have gotten. They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real. Oh, and about those funky windshield wipers. On the new Accords, the windshield wipers apparently have water sensors and are designed to start wiping automatically as soon as they become wet. It looks a bit weird in the commercial.
NOW PLAY:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/honda.php
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:20 pm

BS.

firstoff why would they spend that much on an ad?

second, why would they spend that much time on an ad?

third, as far as physics are concerned, this everything that happened here was a matter of chance. what could it happen again? probably not for another who-knows-how-many-tries. so what does that tell me about the car?

fourth, that's a really long friggin room.

i would love to get a hold of this the uncompressed version of this ad and disect it. look at it frame by frame and see what i could find. something doesn't add up to me.
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:40 pm

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:48 pm

I know I've seen that before but I can't remember where. Super Bowl maybe?

myxxplyxx

Postby myxxplyxx » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:57 pm

I think it is real too....
My first reaction was computer generated but I think it is actually real.
Patient buggars...would have been quicker to do it virtually . :)
"Green eggs and spam...I would not eat them with a fox, I would not..."

Return to “did that really happen?”