Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:46 pm

Ace wrote: A true liberal would argue that it will save lives and it should be a law in the books. A true conservative would take the stance of there is no reason to get government involved in something like this.

I suppose a true liberal from many years ago but not since the conservative party has hijacked Jesus and religion and made the party into the party that takes your liberties and imposes more laws. Yes years ago I would be considered a conservative on many issues because I am for less government and less laws, probably more than most people. Now however since it's changed I'm a liberal because I want less government interference with my religion and personal life. Go figure.

For what it's worth, well put Ace but I still pwn you at UT even though I haven't played 4 games in 2 months.

:wink:
Last edited by nonstop on Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ace

Postby Ace » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:30 pm

That's why politics make no sense (if they ever did)! Current Repubs operate with a total contradiction because they WANT government all over in their lives. Goes against every fiber in my body to lean the way that I do now, but at this point Dems aren't breaking their political science definition of a party.

I really should start my own political party called the Logic Party.

Non would not be allowed to join because his last statement shows he still doesn't have any!

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:55 pm

here is my arguement FOR using the phone in a car...

i figure this...

if u cant handle a konversation on the phone, hands free or not, then you should be forbidden to have ANY talking in the car, PERIOD...

so, that means no friends to chat with while driving to a movie, no idle chit-chat with the girlfriend on a date on the way to dinner, no yelling at the kids in the back if ur mom....

hell, i drive with one hand on the wheel and 1 hand resting on the gearshift anyways....what about people who have a manual tranny? they dont have a choice part of the tyme...

i kno ill get flamed for this one, but i dont care...driving is all about paying attention, and thinking ahead, for you AND the other guy...

having 2 hands on the wheel is like maybe 1% of the total package, and a majority of people dont drive with their hands at 9 and 3 (now updated to 11 and 2 since my son's drivers ed) anyways...alot of people 1-hand it anyways (lol, i said 1-hand it...)as mentioned b4, who really has 2 hands on the wheel 24/7? or exactly nails the speed limit? passes ONLY on the left? has their headlights on at dusk or with their wipers running?

i do use the phone while driving, daily, because its some of the few minutes i get to talk to my wife...and no, its not hands free...and u kno what else? ive avoided more accidents while ON the phone then i can count...y? i pay attention, i think ahead, and i kno what to watch for...i also have the kommon sense to kno when its not a good idea, like bad weather, packed roadways, and being unfamilliar with where im going...

i dont mind people having their own opinion on this topic, but i AM sick of the phone being blamed as the end-all reason...usually its people who just dont kno how to drive kausing the problems...

b4 any cell phone laws, id be more in favor of stricter licensing tests and courses...like in germany...i believe that their training is 2 years of courses, and they require 6 months behind the wheel, AND they are super strict...and when u lose ur license there, u LOSE IT PERMANANTLY, not get suspensions...id say the main problem is that some people just SUCK as drivers, and shouldnt have permission 2 in the 1st place...

**END RANT**

**BEGIN FLAME-AGE**
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:06 pm

you are a manual tranny
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:18 pm

Ace wrote:That's why politics make no sense (if they ever did)! Current Repubs operate with a total contradiction because they WANT government all over in their lives. Goes against every fiber in my body to lean the way that I do now, but at this point Dems aren't breaking their political science definition of a party.

Non would not be allowed to join because his last statement shows he still doesn't have any!

It's all I had because my game is puke. I will pwn you in an uhmmm........ well... watching and playing with kids!

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:20 pm

Ace wrote:That's why politics make no sense (if they ever did)! Current Repubs operate with a total contradiction because they WANT government all over in their lives. Goes against every fiber in my body to lean the way that I do now, but at this point Dems aren't breaking their political science definition of a party.

As the age old joke goes, "How can you tell if a politician is lying? His lips are moving."

Oh Nyte, common sense is so passe...

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:54 pm

Ace wrote:The last thing we need are more laws.

There's only one Law you must obey! Obey the Law

Return to “thoughts... more or less”