Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:21 pm

1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:21 pm

I felt the need to stir up trouble today :)
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:37 pm

I'm reminded of an old Larry Niven story. Part of the back-plot was that getting your third traffic ticket carried the death penalty so they could use your organs in other people.

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:28 pm

lol wow. do you believe in karma dragn?
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

nonstop

Re: 43,000

Postby nonstop » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:48 pm

pewterdragn wrote:Image

Loves me some dragon. 8)

Ace

Postby Ace » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:38 pm

Why not come out and say if we didn't allow women drivers and Sid, all driving accidents could be eliminated?

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:50 pm

LOL freakin ouch ace! freakin ouch! :P

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:54 pm

Ace wrote:Why not come out and say if we didn't allow women drivers and Sid, all driving accidents could be eliminated?

No need for redundancy, Ace. Just mentioning women drivers would have sufficed.

:twisted:

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:46 am

I think if we worked hard at it, had some training programs in high-schools, we could get that number up to an even 50,000 by the end of the year.

Seriously, who are all these people talking to at 6:30 AM?

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:09 am

pewterdragn wrote:I felt the need to stir up trouble today :)

Nice try Pewter but lamer than.. oh never mind.
I think cell phones need o be banned from use while driving.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:49 am

Porkinator wrote:

Nice try Pewter but lamer than.. oh never mind.
I think cell phones need o be banned from use while driving.

I dunno if I'd go that far... my car *is* a hands-free device. I can answer or initiate calls without taking my hands off the steering wheel. and the few conversations I have are pretty shallow in content... ie "I just left work" or "I'll call you back when I get home"

But back when I had a 75 minute commute, I'd see people holding the phone up, talking and swerving for minutes at a time. It's always fun when you see one hand up against their ear, and the other waving around at nobody in particular ... it's *these* people that need to be smacked.

Fortunatly I'm what Pork would call a Liberal Bastard, and believe that eventually, evolution will eventually eliminate these folks from the gene pool, as they all have accidents and die horribly

Ace

Postby Ace » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:39 am

Who is going to protect us from Sid applying makeup while driving?!

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:13 am

duh duh...........duh duh.........duh duh.....duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh

http://www.tdubel.com/skinit/kuvat/evox/jaws.jpg

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:08 pm

law.of.averages wrote:
Porkinator wrote:

...[I] believe that eventually, evolution will eventually eliminate these folks from the gene pool, as they all have accidents and die horribly

Not always true. It seems as if the people that die in those car accidents are the victims :(.

I agree that the people holding their cell phones up to their ears etc are just asking for trouble. What really needs to be outlawed (no offense to the ladies) but are women who drive SUV's aggressively. I worked in a very wealthy area a few years ago and the number of women that drove aggressively in an SUV, were astounding. Every day I saw some woman driving a Tahoe with 2 grocery bags in the back and two kids :roll: . The sad thing is, SUVs are easier to tip and roll in harsh weather conditions, and of course they dont think that because well IM DRIVING A FUCKING 5000 POUND VEHICLE. Many other factors come into perspective. Oh and dont get me started when I see them driving aggressively with their cell phone up WHILE the car they are driving is an SUV.

I agree with pork though. Cell phone use should be banned up to an extent. Hands free cell phone use is a large improvement, but still an issue.
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Ace

Postby Ace » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:20 pm

The last thing we need are more laws, besides how do you enforce that? All we need are cops spending time policing this (sarcasm). I sure as hell don't want my tax dollars spent writing BS tickets when real crime happening.

How many of us follow speed limits perfectly? Next to nobody, whenever we break them, technically we are endangering others.

Driving drunk is illegal, yet even with laws in place, do you think they even catch a fraction of the people that do that?

So, make a law banning cell phone use. You will still have people reading books, applying make-up, getting road head, hell better take the radio out of the car as well you can't argue it isn't as distracting as a phone...how about other passengers, they are distracting too....ban them all.

This is the kind of crap that drives me nuts. A true liberal would argue that it will save lives and it should be a law in the books. A true conservative would take the stance of there is no reason to get government involved in something like this. The real problem is this world is filled with 90% retards who can't make good decisions. It's not the government's job and they sure as hell can't make people more inteligent.

If basic logic can't tell you that talking on a cell phone while driving on busy road ways isn't a good idea...then that's the least of your problems. These are the same people that put $4K of rims on a car with $1K or make $150K a year but live pay check to pay check. Government can't make up for retards, no amount of laws can fix that.

Return to “thoughts... more or less”