James Kim didn't make it...

Your general discussion home away from home.

Moderator: ForumModerators

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

James Kim didn't make it...

Postby pewterdragn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:44 pm

Story on CNET

He tried so hard to save his family. I was really hoping he would be ok. It's too bad this didn't have a happier ending, although its amazing the rest of his family survived...

R.I.P James.
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:55 pm

=( *salute*

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:36 pm

yar :( a small family a very sad ending.
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:13 pm

I was thinking tonight that his last thought may have been that now nobody is going to find his family, horrific.

God Speed James.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:56 am

They said his tracks lead them back to his family. If he did not go for help they may have all died.
He saved his family with his efforts. It is a very sad ending but it could have been a lot worse.
He is a hero and a true dedicated father.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

myxxplyxx

Postby myxxplyxx » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:37 pm

Amazing stuff like this still happens...

Got to hope he knows he did the right thing. :)
"Green eggs and spam...I would not eat them with a fox, I would not..."

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:01 am

I actually received some articles through email from the team that James Kim worked on with Cnet so had been aware of the search and rescue from the moment they were worried about not seeing him for a couple of days.

Got this today from Cnet:

Dear CNET members,
I don't even know where to start. All I know is that my heart is deeply saddened by the tragic loss of my co-worker, James Kim, a brave father who did all he could in an attempt to save his family. This week, we will not be having the usual community Help and How-to newsletter, but a special newsletter dedicated to James--a cherished father and husband, a dear son, a loving brother, a devoted friend to many, and a wonderful colleague.

My deepest sympathies go out to his loving wife, Kati, and his two daughters. I know no amount of words can help comfort them during this time of grief, but I wish for the family to stay strong and know he was loved and was a wonderful person. Many of you e-mailed me directly to give your condolences for James's loss, and on behalf of the CNET family and the CNET community team, I want to thank you for your kind words of support, thoughts, and prayers. I've gathered all your e-mails and will be forwarding them to his family to let them know that your thoughts and prayers are with them. And if you would like to leave your thoughts and condolences for James Kim's family, you can do it here as well.

This newsletter is dedicated to James and will include some forum postings by our community members in regards to James, and also video and tributes in memory of James.

To James: may you rest in peace. You truly will be missed by all of us. I know you are in a better place, and you will no doubt be watching over your loved ones--every moment and every minute. Good-bye, my friend.

Again, thank you all, for your support and thoughts in this difficult time. (Note: We will resume the normalcy of CNET Community Help & How-to Q&A next week. Thank you all.)

Sincerely,
Lee Koo
Manager, CNET community

Return to “thoughts... more or less”