Smack, one Italian down!

If you thought twice about it or just laughed your ass off here's the place to share. Screenshots, quotes, captures, etc.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:18 am

Ace wrote:
Sloth wrote:i don't recall anyone saying soccer is more of a sport...

Here is what I was responding to:

Soulja wrote:While soccer isn't the fastest moving game (compared to sports like basketball), it still maintains a solid pace (unlike american football, fucking pussies need a breath every 15 seconds :p.) Now if you tell me you like football...I will lawl in your face! :p

Sloth wrote:i actually played T-ball when i was 5.. along with soccer

You just explained my whole whole arguement with one statement. The magic word is T-ball at 5. In order to play baseball, the game has to scaled down to get a 5 year old capable of playing, hence baseball becomes T-ball. Soccer is soccer at every level.

I'm not going to break down the other things that were said, because frankly, I can't believe I've waisted so much time discussing this because really who gives a shit, I don't. If you like soccer, great, no disrespect meant. I do get irritated by people saying, the whole world likes this, you should too. Fuck that! Think for yourself. I'm not here to change minds, I just question those billion people as to what they are watching because there are better sports....which of course is just my opinion.

Ace, since when did we say that you have to like it? I merely post this and you go off saying that it's a pussy sport that only involves running back and forth. So that makes football what..? Running back and forth only having a gay orgy inbetween the switches. Every sport (except for chess and golf, because those don't actually involve "movement") is in it's own regard no less of a sport that the other. People in Sweden and Norway, despite being the country that actually "Lives the best" (has the highest average wages, healthcare, etc.) still likes soccer, and manage to send a team to the World Cup.

My point is, stop saying that something is worse than another thing just because you weren't raised on it. I grew up with soccer around me just as much as I grew up around football, baseball and so on. I've played all at some point, and I can say with a fairly clean conscience, that soccer is the one I'd pick any day. Baseball? Pfft..you Americans call hitting a rag ball a national pastime? I'd chose running over hitting a baseball in front of a bunch of obese rednecks any day, thanks.

Sloth

Postby Sloth » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:26 am

Ace wrote:
Sloth wrote:i actually played T-ball when i was 5.. along with soccer

You just explained my whole whole arguement with one statement. The magic word is T-ball at 5. In order to play baseball, the game has to scaled down to get a 5 year old capable of playing, hence baseball becomes T-ball. Soccer is soccer at every level.

which further makes my point you have no clue what you're talkin about. they make the fields smaller, the ball smaller, the goal is smaller, 5 aside instead of 11, usually no offsides, and no positions they just chase a ball in a flock. wait are they making it easier for a 5 yr old to understand and play by noobifying it? sounds like just like T-ball to me.. where the ball isn't moving, it's softer, you can't lead off, and they add a rover.

I'm not going to break down the other things that were said, because frankly, I can't believe I've waisted so much time discussing this because really who gives a shit, I don't.
I WIN!!!

If you like soccer, great, no disrespect meant.

while you can call somebody a fake and say no disrespect all you want... fact remains you still called them a fake which is not exactly the modicum of respect (what people love - in this case the sport of soccer - is an extension of themselves... disrespect what they love the natural progression is to feel it as part of themselves and as a result ARE disrespected themselves - people that earn the respect of others understand this - commit any hate crimes lately? your state of mind are the reason why they occur)

I do get irritated by people saying, the whole world likes this, you should too. Fuck that! Think for yourself. I'm not here to change minds, I just question those billion people as to what they are watching because there are better sports....which of course is just my opinion.
nice change of topic - topic was soccer isn't a real sport. it IS avalid argument in that a lot of people feel it is. it is called evidence. a billion people think the sky is blue without having measured the wavelength of light themselves. just because they say it's blue doesn't make it blue... but it sure is a valid argument... are there better arguments? i'm not denying that. just pointing out that a shred of validity exists within it. question what they are watching... no that is the wrong outlook... question WHY they are watching... now that is the starting point for respecting a persons outlook because whatever answer they give is the right one.
Last edited by Sloth on Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:26 am

When The United Nations tried to bring afganistan into the 20th century before we decided to kill them to make them listen they built this international friendship soccer stadium and the Taliban used it to hang people from the goals posts.

Viva la soccer.

Some of your great soccer countries that do not play American Football also:

Beat woman and make them wear burkas (middle eastern countries)

Give woman circumcisions (Africa)

Keep all the food and let the poor starve (N Korea)

Should I go on. Most of the world is ass backwards so I am not surprised they dont play American Football but does that really make it right.

Do you have any idea what Chuck Norris would do to a soccer team?

Nuff said.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:30 am

Houdini wrote:When The United Nations tried to bring afganistan into the 20th century before we decided to kill them to make them listen they built this international friendship soccer stadium and the Taliban used it to hang people from the goals posts.

Viva la soccer.

Some of your great soccer countries that do not play American Football also:

Beat woman and make them wear burkas (middle eastern countries)

Give woman circumcisions (Africa)

Keep all the food and let the poor starve (N Korea)

Should I go on. Most of the world is ass backwards so I am not surprised they dont play American Football but does that really make it right.

Do you have any idea what Chuck Norris would do to a soccer team?

Nuff said.

And a person from one of those Middle Eastern countries might comment on why you eat cylindrical meat tubes with god-knows-what. It's not the custom or the culture that matter, it's the game that's played.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:47 am

Av did you read what I wrote? Are you comparing eating hotdogs to permently disfiguring woman? Honestly dont compare anything this country does to other countries. Love it or leave it. They got our youths heads so full of crap in schools these days with cultural sensitivity nonsense so they can create some kind of frankenstein one world government. Have some pride in the USA, hotdogs, and football.

:P

I play soccer every Tues and Thurs night.

Sloth

Postby Sloth » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:57 am

k you completely lost me houdini !!! :lol:

what?

I'm not here to change minds, I just question those billion people as to what they are watching because there are better sports....which of course is just my opinion.

this is the problem... "there are better sports" is a statement of fact and is a sentence that is aggressive and disrespecting.

it's like saying "blacks are an inferior race... of course this is just my opinion"

by saying "this is just my opinion" doesn't make you look any less of a jack ass.... that of course... is just my opinion :p

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:17 am

USA USA USA!!!!!

There I simplified my pointless message. I really just wanted to wave the flag around a bit.

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:23 am

My personal opinion is that Ultimate is, in fact, the best sport ever. So all you nubs can go die, plox :lol:

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:31 am

Avaris wrote:My personal opinion is that Ultimate is, in fact, the best sport ever. So all you nubs can go die, plox :lol:

top 50 sports on TV

1. Football
2. Baseball
3. Hockey

46. Spelling Bee
47. Dominos
48. Scrable Championship
49. Worlds Strongest Man refridgerator race
50. Soccer

:roll:

Ace

Postby Ace » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:40 am

Sloth wrote:commit any hate crimes lately? your state of mind are the reason why they occur)

Are you serious? You mean my state of mind to decide what I like vs. listening to somebody else says I should like? Hate crimes happen because people don't think for themselves, they let somebody else do their thinking for them.

Lets Review:

Av posts a picture of the most exciting event at a soccer game.

As a joke, Ace posts a picture as a goof of a hit that isn't a "dive" like the soccer picture and makes a joke of how boring soccer is.

Then the discussion becomes why I don't believe as a sport, soccer is on the same level as other sports.

Sloth gets upset at that analogy.

Ace continues at this point not because it matters, but because this is the internet and all arguements get settled on the internet!

Sloth has now found the true anti-christ is Ace who is responsible for all hate crimes.

Just to get this back on track, what do you want to argue about? Give me a list or a single question.

Houdini here's an add for your list:

51. Arguing on the Internet
Last edited by Ace on Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sloth

Postby Sloth » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:43 am

nuff said.

Sloth

Postby Sloth » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:48 am

Ace wrote:
Sloth wrote:commit any hate crimes lately? your state of mind are the reason why they occur)

Are you serious? You mean my state of mind to decide what I like vs. listening to somebody else says I should like? Hate crimes happen because people don't think for themselves, they let somebody else do their thinking for them.

hehe not quite... was making a point and not actually upset at you. i actually was saying your state of mind is ... i don't like this therefor all people should not like or do it. just used the extreme to make a point and admittedly was aiming at pushing a couple buttons in the process :P i shoulda known that you would zero in on it and ignore all else.

Lets Review:

Av posts a picture of the most exciting event at a soccer game.

As a joke, Ace posts a picture as a goof of a hit that isn't a "dive" like the soccer picture and makes a joke of how boring soccer is.

Then the discussion becomes why I don't believe as a sport, soccer is on the same level as other sports.

Sloth gets upset at that analogy.
naw.. not upset. although stated that way is a bit more tactful way to do so.

Ace continues at this point not because it matters, but because this is the internet and all arguements get settled on the internet!

Sloth has now found the true anti-christ is Ace who is responsible for all hate crimes.
lol no.. just used an extreme to make a point which is the only thing you read.

Just to get this back on track, what do you want to argue about? Give me a list or a single question.

see pic above.

Ace

Postby Ace » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:51 am

Not only to I see, but I raise ;) (and No, Non...that isn't Hoss's wife)

Sloth

Postby Sloth » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:57 am

mmm... FSU girls!!! i remember their website... ohhh i could totally bet the house right now but it would be so NSFW... will have to wait til tonight.

btw my list of best sports to watch... NFL, NCAA basketball/fball, and NCAA hockey

going to the park to watch live is the only way to watch a baseball game

Sloth

Postby Sloth » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:01 am

Return to “did that really happen?”