Smack, one Italian down!

If you thought twice about it or just laughed your ass off here's the place to share. Screenshots, quotes, captures, etc.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Rall_Ricker

Postby Rall_Ricker » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:51 pm

FOOTBALL PWNS U SOULJA NOOB!!!!
dont let the tiggrrrr get u...or nyte the nipple pincher either

Ace

Postby Ace » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:03 pm

Really didn't mean for this to turn into a debate, but that orginal vid is nothing more then a "pro wrestling" type acting job. The story behind it is humorous, wow the guy taking the dive called the other guy's woman a whore. LOL, he'd never make it on a high school field, let alone a pro field around here.

Soccer is nothing more the cross country with a ball. Yes it takes endurance, yeah there are a couple of hard hits in it, but that's friggin it. 95% of the game is running back and forth, at least cross country is scenic.

Soccer is the first "sport" you can get kids invovled in. That alone is the only thing that I need to say to state my point. The concept is simple, there really isn't any chance of major injury, and everybody can do it, from the fattest fat kid to the skinniest runt. It's popular, because of that. You can't come out and say Soccer is more of a sport then Football because they play for 90 minutes, that's a joke. There is never a time in Soccer where you are physically getting hit every play.

My last point/example, I can go out on a football field right now and I can go out on a soccer field right now. I wouldn't be that effective because I suck, but I could compete on some level. Fast forward 20 years, put me on both fields...I'd be physically killed on the football field and I'd still be able to play at roughly the same level on the soccer field. Good luck trying to convince me otherwise.

Even with a billion viewers, let me know when a 30 second TV add costs $12 million during a soccer game. Only way that happen is because of inflation.

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:16 pm

To each his own hehehe...I was just saying that because you said it wasn't a real sport. When more than half the world plays soccer, and 3 countries play American Football (officially), its kind of far fetched to say it isn't a sport.
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Naix

Postby Naix » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:30 pm

Who cares? Everyone will be playing american football when we invade them... america ftw

Ace

Postby Ace » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:54 pm

9 coutries have nukes, the rest don't. You think the remaining 200 countries dictate our politics? I laugh. Soccer's popularity is based on economics, it takes a ball and a couple poles with some space to play. Even the dirt poorest of people can play, shit only 1 out of 22 people on a field have to own a ball. I bet the NFL's budget for equipment for a year is more then most of the coutries GNP. Economics, popular because you don't need beens to play, not because it's a great sport.

Here's my Def of a sport:

Golf is a leisure activity, it's not a sport.

Soccer is as basic as you get.

Every other major sport goes here.

Ultimate Fighting goes here.

War goes here.

Soccer is a sport in the broadest sense of the word. The fact 70 year olds could play it, toddlers can learn it, it has no following here in the US and never will because there are 4-5 more exciting, challenging, and physical sports to watch/participate in. It doesn't matter what the world thinks....the US is the leader...well until China takes over and diving becomes the most popular sport and I'm killed by the Chinese Nationalists for calling their pastime a joke.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:24 pm

Ace wrote:
Avaris wrote:Mind you Ace, this is a game that at least a billion people were watching, for something many would give their lives to achieve.

Yeah and 60 Million people voted for Bush, point being that the majority of people are idiots....

Just because people watch it, doesn't change the fact that it 90 minutes of boring crap.

OMG... it's happening... I'm agreeing with Ace wholeheartedly. :shock: 8)

At least on that part, now one the whole first sport for kids, wtf? Football/basketball/tennis/golf you name it all have kids 5 or even 4 involved. And as far as defining how good or how much of a 'sport' it is by how much you get hit? Dude wtf? Tennis/Racquetball/Swimming/Track/Golf/ad nauseum....

Ok there, that was a cathartic necessity as I had just agreed wholeheartedly! :wink:

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:41 pm

I actually played soccer for about 13 years... I started at a very young age, and ended up playing at a junior international tournament representing the USA.

It is an interesting sport in that it is so insanely popular in other countries, and relatively ignored in the US... But Ace nailed it 100% with this:
Ace wrote:... Soccer's popularity is based on economics, it takes a ball and a couple poles with some space to play. Even the dirt poorest of people can play, shit only 1 out of 22 people on a field have to own a ball.

^^^Hence why these third world countries that spend 3.75 years completely unnoticed by the rest of the planet in other aspects, can go on to beat economic powerhouses in the World Cup.

At any rate, soccer will NEVER be popular in the US (at least in its current form) as a spectator sport with a wide audience base. Economics aside, Americans crave action, scoring, and physical toughness in their team sports... 3 things that soccer sorely lacks.

The sad realization of the fate of domestic soccer hit me while I was watching some random game in the World Cup a couple of weeks ago. A rookie forward was attempting to beat a defender to get a scoring chance in the other teams penalty box. Both players were fighting for the ball, and the forward made the "mistake" of staying on his feet to try to get a scoring chance... The announcers tore the forward a new asshole for NOT diving to draw a bullshit penalty kick.
How sad is that... When NOT being a diving pussy is considered a "rookie mistake:.
*Beer -&- UT*

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:44 pm

Soccer is based on economics and NFL is based on money. lolllll
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:52 pm

Soulja wrote:Soccer is based on economics and NFL is based on money. lolllll

Yes. That is correct.
*Beer -&- UT*

Sloth

Postby Sloth » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:04 pm

Ace wrote:Really didn't mean for this to turn into a debate, but that orginal vid is nothing more then a "pro wrestling" type acting job. The story behind it is humorous, wow the guy taking the dive called the other guy's woman a whore. LOL, he'd never make it on a high school field, let alone a pro field around here.
no argument here... but then again you get kicked out of an nfl game by punching someone in the helmut...

Soccer is nothing more the cross country with a ball. Yes it takes endurance, yeah there are a couple of hard hits in it, but that's friggin it. 95% of the game is running back and forth, at least cross country is scenic.

based off your extensive knowledge and experience right?
there are many levels of strategy that you do not see on the surface and is only brought to light on the highest levels of competitive play. I've been on youth teams in highschool and have also played in clubs on the national level. you see it there. just like football there are schemes that work and schemes that don't depending on what your opponent is doing... just like football it's about positioning and getting open... there also is a physical side of things that are only seen on the highest levels. slide tackles for example aren't allowed in rec leagues or youngest of younger players.

Soccer is the first "sport" you can get kids invovled in. That alone is the only thing that I need to say to state my point.

i actually played T-ball when i was 5.. along with soccer

The concept is simple, there really isn't any chance of major injury, and everybody can do it, from the fattest fat kid to the skinniest runt. It's popular, because of that.
sure on the rec level. if you actually played it competitively you'd know... jsut like any other sport. if you aren't in shape or don't have the skill - no chance. think abuot it... when the ball is at your feet all the focus is exactly there...at your feet. your legs are moving all the time and it takes only the slightest of nudges to move a foot off it's path to take you out... in football it's called a tackle... in soccer it's a foul. figure 80 plays a game in a football game... so logically that would be 80 tackles. in soccer i'd wager it's similar... 50-60 valid tackles 20-30 fouls. i'd wager that 80% of the "acting", the fall is actually real.. but they do dramatize the fall when it happens to get the call... the other 20% is unfortunate bullshit and is a result of "if you get the ball it's legal - if you don't get the ball it's a foul" state of things.

You can't come out and say Soccer is more of a sport then Football because they play for 90 minutes, that's a joke. There is never a time in Soccer where you are physically getting hit every play.
i don't recall anyone saying soccer is more of a sport...

if you played competitively and you have the ball... you are going to get hit in the legs.. soccer lingo is called "hacked". i've seen my fair share of injuries. i played competitively in highschool for 3 years and on the national stage club soccer for about 4 years (up through U20 age group. in that time frame i've seen 5 or 6 split heads needing many stitches. 3 compound fractures of the shin (we're talkin the motherfuckin bone is sticking out through his sock), one dislocated knee cap that was moved to the inside of the dudes leg (which caused one of the split foreheads), a dislocated shoulder, and too many ACL tears to list. so based off of your extensive knowledge of soccer in co-ed rec leagues and kindergarden playground antics you make these conclusions that scream naivety

My last point/example, I can go out on a football field right now and I can go out on a soccer field right now. I wouldn't be that effective because I suck, but I could compete on some level. Fast forward 20 years, put me on both fields...I'd be physically killed on the football field and I'd still be able to play at roughly the same level on the soccer field. Good luck trying to convince me otherwise.

dude i'm 30 yrs old and play a team of highschoolers in my annual alumni game every year - they fuckin spank the shit out of us old fogies 6-0 every year. get a clue.

Even with a billion viewers, let me know when a 30 second TV add costs $12 million during a soccer game. Only way that happen is because of inflation.

Real Madrid's David Beckham is the best paid soccer player in the world, according to a survey published in France Football magazine on Tuesday.

With 25 million euros ($32.17 million) a year, England captain Beckham tops the table ahead of Real Madrid team mates Ronaldo, who earns 19.6 million euros a year, and Zinedine Zidane, on 13 million.

not quite as high as the $42 mil that Peyton makes... but he is an anomoly - the rest of the list is pretty even after that.

Ace wrote:9 coutries have nukes, the rest don't. You think the remaining 200 countries dictate our politics? I laugh. Soccer's popularity is based on economics, it takes a ball and a couple poles with some space to play. Even the dirt poorest of people can play, shit only 1 out of 22 people on a field have to own a ball. I bet the NFL's budget for equipment for a year is more then most of the coutries GNP. Economics, popular because you don't need beens to play, not because it's a great sport.
could it not be both? sport fucking is highly popular and easy to do... but i doubt people say they do it becuase it's cheap...

Here's my Def of a sport:

Golf is a leisure activity, it's not a sport.

Soccer is as basic as you get.

Every other major sport goes here.

Ultimate Fighting goes here.

War goes here.
... k

Soccer is a sport in the broadest sense of the word. The fact 70 year olds could play it, toddlers can learn it, it has no following here in the US and never will because there are 4-5 more exciting, challenging, and physical sports to watch/participate in.
personally i see it growing in popularity... my generation is really the first generation to really play it... and that is why it hasn't had the following yet...

It doesn't matter what the world thinks....the US is the leader...well until China takes over and diving becomes the most popular sport and I'm killed by the Chinese Nationalists for calling their pastime a joke.
now this i agree with...

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:36 am

...alright

no one has mentioned the best sport of all tho....CROQUET!!!

man, i live for that stuff!
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:45 am

Nytefyre wrote:...alright

no one has mentioned the best sport of all tho....CROQUET!!!

man, i live for that stuff!

thats cause you have oral sex with dogs. Didnt hear it from me though!!!

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:51 am

Sloth wrote:
if you played competitively and you have the ball... you are going to get hit in the legs.. soccer lingo is called "hacked". i've seen my fair share of injuries. i played competitively in highschool for 3 years and on the national stage club soccer for about 4 years (up through U20 age group. in that time frame i've seen 5 or 6 split heads needing many stitches. 3 compound fractures of the shin (we're talkin the motherfuckin bone is sticking out through his sock), one dislocated knee cap that was moved to the inside of the dudes leg (which caused one of the split foreheads), a dislocated shoulder, and too many ACL tears to list. so based off of your extensive knowledge of soccer in co-ed rec leagues and kindergarden playground antics you make these conclusions that scream naivety

LOL ya...14 ankle sprains here. Not nearly as bad as a torn ACL or the shin sticking out through the skin (although I have seen it), But it can get pretty bad.

I'm starting to get reminded of the time when the Rep. team I was on played a team from Brazil. They handed our asses to us, 23-1 or something like that. Talk about a spanking.

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:52 am

BeerNut wrote:
Soulja wrote:Soccer is based on economics and NFL is based on money. lolllll

Yes. That is correct.

Yeah I dont know which is worse.

Ace

Postby Ace » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:02 am

Sloth wrote:i don't recall anyone saying soccer is more of a sport...

Here is what I was responding to:

Soulja wrote:While soccer isn't the fastest moving game (compared to sports like basketball), it still maintains a solid pace (unlike american football, fucking pussies need a breath every 15 seconds :p.) Now if you tell me you like football...I will lawl in your face! :p

Sloth wrote:i actually played T-ball when i was 5.. along with soccer

You just explained my whole whole arguement with one statement. The magic word is T-ball at 5. In order to play baseball, the game has to scaled down to get a 5 year old capable of playing, hence baseball becomes T-ball. Soccer is soccer at every level.

I'm not going to break down the other things that were said, because frankly, I can't believe I've waisted so much time discussing this because really who gives a shit, I don't. If you like soccer, great, no disrespect meant. I do get irritated by people saying, the whole world likes this, you should too. Fuck that! Think for yourself. I'm not here to change minds, I just question those billion people as to what they are watching because there are better sports....which of course is just my opinion.

Return to “did that really happen?”