Reinstalled UT

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Hoss

Reinstalled UT

Postby Hoss » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:50 pm

Hey I finally got my new HD in and I installed UT on it and it just auto reinstalled over my existing UT on the old drive LOL! I uninstalled it from the old drive and reinstalled on the new F drive. I replaced the original user.ini and UT2004.ini with my saved ones. In explorer it shows that the settings are there...but when I launch UT the settings don't take. So I reset manually. I paste my Ti tag and saved but it doesn't show in game. WTH?

nonstop

Re: Reinstalled UT

Postby nonstop » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:01 pm

Hoss wrote:Hey I finally got my new HD in and I installed UT on it and it just auto reinstalled over my existing UT on the old drive LOL! I uninstalled it from the old drive and reinstalled on the new F drive. I replaced the original user.ini and UT2004.ini with my saved ones. In explorer it shows that the settings are there...but when I launch UT the settings don't take. So I reset manually. I paste my Ti tag and saved but it doesn't show in game. WTH?

Shouldn't be any magic there, you probably have two different installs. Have you looked through your hd to see if you have 2 ut2k4 folders? Another way to check is to drag the shortcut to ut to your desktop, right click on it and choose properties then the button 'shortcut.' Look at the folder that takes you to compared to where you had your old one. Are they the same?

Hoss

Weird

Postby Hoss » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:02 pm

My target path is to the new F drive which I specified before installing. It installed on the F drive but the game files appear on the C AND F drive. Why did it do that?

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:59 am

Because ut is to be hated!!! And Loved!!! :lol:

Hoss

Postby Hoss » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:08 pm

Got dat rite bruther...

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”