Unreal Tournament 2006 - A preview

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

nonstop

Unreal Tournament 2006 - A preview

Postby nonstop » Thu May 05, 2005 9:40 am

Enjoy. http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3140119&did=1

One interesting comment from the makers, "we didn't feel ut2k4 was very successful."

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Thu May 05, 2005 9:51 am

Weird. I see that that is dated May 4th, but I could have sworn I'd read it before.

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Thu May 05, 2005 10:33 am

Did you read it yesterday Trin ;)

I know how the memory goes once you get to a certain age and all :P
... WTF ...

Ace

Postby Ace » Thu May 05, 2005 11:41 am

I thought all the old jokes went my way!

I can't wait for it to come out, it will cost $50 in the store....but to play it I'll have to dish out 1K plus in hardware upgrades. That's what I really look forward to.

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Thu May 05, 2005 12:13 pm

Yeah, it won't run on my mid-range comp at all.... Anyways, hasn't this been posted before? I swear that someone has already posted this... :?

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Thu May 05, 2005 2:12 pm

Well lets see who to address first ....
Ace wrote:I thought all the old jokes went my way! I can't wait for it to come out, it will cost $50 in the store....but to play it I'll have to dish out 1K plus in hardware upgrades. That's what I really look forward to.

I am an equal opportunity smartass...however I do get EXTRA fun outta razzin u :)
The new game look svery promising. Are there required specs out yet for it (I didnt get all the way through the article just skimmed it so sorry if they are in there!)

.avaris wrote: Yeah, it won't run on my mid-range comp at all.... Anyways, hasn't this been posted before? I swear that someone has already posted this... :?

Kaff the topic has been discussed before but it was on the old server. This particular article is new I believe but the idea of the new game we did start talking about before.

Last but not least I wanted to comment on one particular thing from the article. I thought this to be interesting ...
"Does this mean the double-jump is going away? No, it just means that instead of entire deathmatches in which you strive to shoot one another out of the air like clay pigeons, you should expect to do more up-close-and-personal fighting with your foes."

Maybe in the new game Jeta will be the trainer ;)
... WTF ...

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu May 05, 2005 2:39 pm

O dear lord. Help me Jeta Wan, your my only hope.

Long live clay pidgeons.

Ace

Postby Ace » Thu May 05, 2005 2:48 pm

Yeah, I got a laugh out of that line as well. Pretty much means they are taking out the one aspect of the game where I'm halfway decent....and you can't teach an old dog new tricks, so sometime in 2006 or 2007 I'll be retiring.

I also got a kick out of how they think the game is unpopular because of the newbie vs. great player idea. UT to UT2k3 they made huge changes to level the playing field. UT2k3 to UT2k4, again they took out the advantages people in UT2k3 were using. Now going from UT2k4 to UT2k7 they want somebody who has the game for 30 minutes will be able to kill the best player. There isn't a good player out there that wants a game even to the level where no time is required to kill him, hence they'll leave the game. Their philosophy seems backwards....but then again I'm not in Sales.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu May 05, 2005 3:02 pm

Exactly Ace. It's all about the money. If lots of noobs come in and can compete then there ya have it. What's that saying from the increadibles? If everyone is great, then no one is.

Ace I can't remember what they took out of 03? I remember the boost jump but hell I can't even remember what that is?

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Thu May 05, 2005 8:12 pm

Man u guys are poor sports....

Can own but cant be owned :(
... WTF ...

ClownMajik
SpoogeMan!

Postby ClownMajik » Thu May 05, 2005 10:14 pm

mmmmmm close combat... mmmmmm I hope they put in dual shield guns. one for secondary and one for primary fire :twisted:
"Of all the moments in my life, you were always there somewhere. Once as a wish. Once as a blessing. And now as the greatest loss I'll ever experience."

Ace

Postby Ace » Fri May 06, 2005 7:51 am

nonstop wrote:Ace I can't remember what they took out of 03? I remember the boost jump but hell I can't even remember what that is?

I remember all the good players yelling about the boost jump. I could never do it anyway, so it didn't matter to me, but I understood their complaints. My two issues were with the changes to the mini, that thing cuts me like I'm butter now and they also slowed the secondary shock ball down, meaning it's easier to combo it.

Jeta wrote:Man u guys are poor sports....

Can own but cant be owned

First and foremost, it's a game, everybody plays for different reasons. I've been humbled enough to know, that my purpose is just to relieve some stress after work and goof off. I definitely don't own anybody and unless the oppenent is being an ass, I'll play down to their level just to keep the score respectable. I fully expect to lose to somebody that puts more time and effort into the game than me and for as many hours as I put in, a new player should be at a disadvantage.

I like analogies, so here goes, say I buy an old rusted out 67 Corvette and I sink all kinds of hours into restoring it. Then three months after I finish it, GM decides they are going to going to go retro and start production on 67's again and my neighbor suddenly has the exact same car as I have. Not really an issue of being a poor sport, you feel cheated for time and effort you spent working on something only to have the manufacture level the field for everybody else.

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Fri May 06, 2005 8:52 am

Man Ace .. sometimes you take all the fun out of teasing you :(
... WTF ...

Ace

Postby Ace » Fri May 06, 2005 10:30 am

Sorry, thought you were actually calling me out for picking on noobs and you thought I was worried about getting owned by them.

By all means, proceed at making fun of the old guy.

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Fri May 06, 2005 10:34 am

Hehe, I still can make fun of you older people in the fact that you'll die way before I do :twisted: Unless our own country doesn't blow us into the stratosphere...

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”