Map suggestions for PewterDragon

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

NegativeX

Map suggestions for PewterDragon

Postby NegativeX » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:50 pm

hey,

Ive played on PewterDragons TDM server several times.

My suggestion is to either map map voting an option, or make the map order like this. Rankin, Goose2k4, Campgrounds, Grendel Keep, Corrugation, Asbestos ect...

In general, I feel like me and many others would play there more often if 99.9% of the time it wasnt a shitty map. I feel like if you all put map voting in with no repeat requirement, aka you could play Rankin 2 times in a row, not you have to wait 4 maps to play Rankin again, that the TI server would attract ALOT more people too.

The current map order sucks really bad. Notice how people come for the good maps, and leave for all the junky maps inbetween.

Up to you, its not my server. Just some suggestions.

-X

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:57 pm

If you turn off the no-repeat requirement, you might just as well make Grendel the only map :-)

Naix

Postby Naix » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:36 pm

Yeah, playing grendel 5 times in a row is lame.
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:33 pm

I think what you meant to say Naix is "Playing Grendel is lame."

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:02 pm

Grendel is the 'lesser of all evil's' There's nothing really great about it, while at the same time, it's not as bad as {insert map here}

So when the vote comes up.... Grendel wins because there's not enough sway away from it...

Sort of like politics

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:22 pm

Heh... Well, I don't think that Grendel is a great map, but I would rather play it 5 times in a row rather than a rotation of Insidious, Oceanic, Phobos, Rustatorium, and Leviathan.... :o
*Beer -&- UT*

|HM|Tic

Postby |HM|Tic » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:07 am

BeerNut wrote:Heh... Well, I don't think that Grendel is a great map, but I would rather play it 5 times in a row rather than a rotation of Insidious, Oceanic, Phobos, Rustatorium, and Leviathan.... :o

Agreed

Booch

Postby Booch » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:43 pm

Though unsolicited, I'll agree with BeerNut. I do like Grendell though, but only when I'M the one camping the LG. :)

Another big "thanks" to Ti for keeping up a good, fun public server. I don't think that's said enough to those that provide these gaming grounds (that aren't free) for us to play on.

Naix

Postby Naix » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:15 pm

I love you pwt
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

NegativeX

Postby NegativeX » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:23 am

I also agree with BeerNut. Cant deny the truth when you hear it.

And yes, the same maps would be played, but the server would stay packed. Its what the people want. Thats all TAM servers play, is basically the same maps over and over. Thats why they stay full. I think that if Ti had had a TDM server with the same maps being played over and over, it would be full so much more. And 10 times more fun. This also makes recruiting for Ti so much easier. You can find tallent and recruit them on your own server.

Naix

Postby Naix » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:43 pm

NegativeX wrote:I also agree with BeerNut. Cant deny the truth when you hear it.

And yes, the same maps would be played, but the server would stay packed. Its what the people want. Thats all TAM servers play, is basically the same maps over and over. Thats why they stay full. I think that if Ti had had a TDM server with the same maps being played over and over, it would be full so much more. And 10 times more fun. This also makes recruiting for Ti so much easier. You can find tallent and recruit them on your own server.

If you are going to have the "popular" maps only on the mapvote, then please make it so a map cant be played again until after the other maps have been played once. Lets not kill the decent maps that still exist.

Playing them over and over and over will surely do that. The UT2k4 population is getting smaller and smaller. How long will the server stay "packed" by playing the same maps over and over? Also, keep in mind, this is tdm, not tam. TAM servers can probly get away with that because TAM is the new thing, a nice change from tdm.

To be honest, i play on places like the fractionary and purgatory, to play people much better than i could ever be. I dont care as much about the maps, some of those guys are reaaalllyy good, and its fun playing against them. Sometimes they help you get better, sometimes they insult you. Honestly, i feel the Ti servers have a greater sense of community. Going with the mainstream can bring alot of unwanted asshats/hackers to the server.

Lastly, If someone is really good, but a total jerk, i cant see them getting into the clan. This is a community, not a gang of "l337's"

The end

(is this my longest post so far? jebus)

Ace

Postby Ace » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:24 pm

Naix wrote:Lastly, If someone is really good, but a total jerk, i cant see them getting into the clan. This is a community, not a gang of "l337's"

Nooooooo!!!

I joined this clan because I'm a jerk and I'm 1337!!111!

My world is crashing down before me, please tell me this is untrue.

ClownMajik
SpoogeMan!

Postby ClownMajik » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:32 pm

Ace wrote:
Naix wrote:Lastly, If someone is really good, but a total jerk, i cant see them getting into the clan. This is a community, not a gang of "l337's"

Nooooooo!!!

I joined this clan because I'm a jerk and I'm 1337!!111!

My world is crashing down before me, please tell me this is untrue.

Just because you have made out with a cardboard cutout of Fatal1ty, that doesnt make you |_337!
"Of all the moments in my life, you were always there somewhere. Once as a wish. Once as a blessing. And now as the greatest loss I'll ever experience."

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:53 pm

NegativeX wrote:I also agree with BeerNut. Cant deny the truth when you hear it.

We do have an open TAM server with mapvote: 70.84.1.85:7814
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

NegativeX

Postby NegativeX » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:35 am

I realize that you all have a TAM server. I know that TDM is not TAM. TDM is still just as fun as TAM. If you make it where the popular maps cant be played again, then people will leave the server and go some place else with the maps that they want to play. You have to give the people what they want if you want them to play. Why pay for a public server when its empy 80% of the time.

If you are getting tired of the "popular maps" then dont play there. Everyone else will.

How hard would it be to go into the web console, change it to map vote with reapeats allowed, and see what your server does. If you dont like it, change it back. I know Ill be in there way more with map vote on.

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”