Guild Wars Thread

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

nonstop

Guild Wars Thread

Postby nonstop » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:23 pm

So maybe an official GW thread here for all who are playing.

I just had a recommendation to have 1 or 2 char you can do anything with but 1 that you keep at the same level as your quest buddies so you all do the same quests and noone has to backtrack?

Anyone have a better idea?

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:58 am

Damn, I was going to recommend that, but felt out of place doing so. So we'd have a GW 'practice' ???

What's the current target level?

"Law of Gravity" is still level 8, and "Wong Hung Ovel" (one hung over) is about 4.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:00 am

lol no guild wars practice silly. Just a time to meet up together would be fun. I'll let pwt recommend or take a poll on nights. (he's good with polls I hear).

I say lets all gather post searing at level 8. That way you have 1 char at least that you know we all are doing similar quests and not redoing them for others.

law.of.averages wrote:
What's the current target level?

"Law of Gravity" is still level 8, and "Wong Hung Ovel" (one hung over) is about 4.

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:52 pm

But "technically" even people all at lvl 8 may not have the same quests .... right?

They could have lvled up by killing more and playing less quests. Or they are diff characters so they get diff quests ... or they didnt talk to the same plp to get the same quests...or ... i dont know i just wanted to put another or ;)
... WTF ...

1/2LuNaTiC

Postby 1/2LuNaTiC » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:24 pm

Killing monsters to gain lvls turns into a pain in the ass in postsearing since all your exp will probably be split with a full party.

A meeting time would be nice.

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:43 pm

lvl 20 presear is what I say! :)
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

Naix

Postby Naix » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:29 pm

Think highest level monsters in presear are level 3, which, if you get too high level, the xp drops to zero
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

Dr.Feelgood

Postby Dr.Feelgood » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:38 pm

-Jeta- wrote:But "technically" even people all at lvl 8 may not have the same quests .... right?

They could have lvled up by killing more and playing less quests. Or they are diff characters so they get diff quests ... or they didnt talk to the same plp to get the same quests...or ... i dont know i just wanted to put another or ;)

Or Jeta is totally clueless, much like I am :)
Because I really don't have anything interesting to say for the most part...

"Hi mom!"

1/2LuNaTiC

Postby 1/2LuNaTiC » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:59 pm

Naix wrote:Think highest level monsters in presear are level 3, which, if you get too high level, the xp drops to zero

More like 10ish or 13..ish...Travel North of the Wall with people even after the quest and just fight Charr. They are pretty difficult to kill since they usually attack in groups of 3 or more and you only have 1 partner. Not to mention your skills aren't too useful at that point. The XP will eventually drop to 0 though.

If you don't have a quests you can always ask where the person got it from. NPC names and town locations are on the quest log :D

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:16 pm

I understand everything everyone said but I just think it would be difficult to get us all to where we have the same quests....thats all.
... WTF ...

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:20 pm

Not really Jeta. That's why I started this thread silly. All the quests are the same except class specific ones so there you have it.

-Jeta- wrote:I understand everything everyone said but I just think it would be difficult to get us all to where we have the same quests....thats all.

-Jeta-
Site Admin

Postby -Jeta- » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:49 pm

nonstop wrote:Not really Jeta. That's why I started this thread silly. All the quests are the same except class specific ones so there you have it.

I understand all the friggin quests are the same ... all im trying to say is that ... people dont play them the same. So you get two characters up to level 8 ... bet u non of them have the same quests. Some quests will have been completed by everyone, others some of the group with have done, some some people will still have to do, and some quests some people may not even have because they never talked to the person to get the quest.

geesh ... im sorry i said anything. I really wast trying to make this complicated. I thought i was just pointing out a simple observation.

I shall go play my game now....
... WTF ...

Vendetta

Postby Vendetta » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:52 pm

Have you guys seen the "earn rewards" credit card commercial yet?
You know where the guys are pretending to play so type of magic/warrior type game, but they dont have a system to play it on and they are acting it out. :twisted:
Fortune follows the Bold.

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”