2V2 or 3v3 TDM Challenge

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

2V2 or 3v3 TDM Challenge

Postby Nytefyre » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:24 pm

ok, here is the post and the place to toss ur name in the ring if ud like to have a semi-sanctioned -T¡- sponsored TDM match...all for fun....

here is the info/rules....

-teams play on different TS channels

-when you post ur name for the next upcomming game, state if u want 2v2 or 3v3, and what mods/mutators you would like in the setup (ie, weapon stay, no powerups, low grav)

-the people slated to play will then vote on maps and game set up

-teams can be prearranged, or decided on when were about to start

-when teams are SET, then is best of 3 games (im thinking 2v2 at 50 frags/20 minutes, and 3v3 for 75-100 frags/20 minutes) with the 1st map decided by whomever and however, and the losers chose the maps from then on...

-lets get as many people involved, so, once u play, you can sign up for an alternate, but not until everyone gets a turn do we start the sequence again...

***any other ideas? lets hear them, and get this rockin!!***

and yes, close -T¡- friends are welcome, but no random 'ringers' the group does not know...they will be barred, esp if they are a name/character we do not know

**!!**EDIT**!!**

yes, this is only a pickup style of game....no brackets, no tourney, just for people who want to play a good set of TDM for fun...if only 4 people wanna play then have at it with a weekly game...if more people want to play, then we take turns....

personally, id like to see a lot of people play, id like to watch a few good games with people playing and be a spec-tator-tot....LOL
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Re: 2V2 or 3v3 TDM Challenge

Postby Nytefyre » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:30 pm

im in, **NYTEFYRE**

2v2 or 3v3

preferred settings: weap stay on, no powerups, regular grav, force respawn, FF on at 100%

prearranged OR random teams

-side note, i though 3v3 would be cool as an option depending on how many people are interested in playing, and how often this happens

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:54 pm

hell yeah!!!

regular or low grav, weapons stay on, no power ups, forced respawn, and FF at 100%.

typical pickup game rules. not hardcore.
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Duffy

Postby Duffy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:13 pm

I;m in when I don't have baseball

2v2 or 3v3

preferred settings: weap stay on, no powerups, regular grav, force respawn, FF on at 100%

prearranged OR random teams

-side note, i though 3v3 would be cool as an option depending on how many people are interested in playing, and how often this happens
Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity !

Prozac

Postby Prozac » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:55 am

I'm in when I don't have kids screamin in my ear. Bear in mind that I don't have a lot of TDM experience though. I like all of your preferences except low grav. BTW my daughter Danielle is only going to be with me for a few more days.

I'll practice a little offline so I can get the hang of it again. I'm guessing the No power ups makes it more about the killing and communicating with your teammate.

Pro :D

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:19 am

3 20 minute matches in row ?
This seems ok but not really my cup of tea.
I will fill in if needed (hence the name filler) but this really
not something I am excited about.
If you use low grav maps then count me out.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:48 pm

i dont kno poark...you can build up some good experience in working in teams/packs...it also forces you to make better decisions in situations you find urself in since its not the same thing at the start of every round....i actually think you would be one of the players that may benefit the most....

its ur call though......

OK....sounds like me, sid, duffy, and pro are the first matchup...

duff/pro post some times u will be free (no basebal or kids) and let me and sid know, then we will plan a night...

Duffy

Postby Duffy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:14 pm

probably be better if others post a time and I make sure I am available I have so much going on. I am free tonight but may be too short notice for everyone?
Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity !

Prozac

Postby Prozac » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:51 pm

Very good idea to schedule the matches Nyte. I'm almost 100% sure I can play this Thurs, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Let me get back to you with a firm commitment so the TDM thing can go really well............I'm afraid I'm gonna suck at it, but I do want the experience.

I'll let you know.....thanks btw to you and Sid for getting this together. :D And come on Pork, I promise to always give you my rocket launcher, so jump on in here. :!: :D

Prozac

myxxplyxx

Postby myxxplyxx » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:39 pm

throw me overboard....errr into the ring!

:roll:

can't play wed/thurs before 11:00 pm est
"Green eggs and spam...I would not eat them with a fox, I would not..."

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:48 pm

maybe this is one of those things to schedule on the same night, every week. dat way it never changes.
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Porkinator

Postby Porkinator » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:36 am

Don't screw up the other nights with TDM
Tuesday is enough.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands
around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

Sùpåhfást

Postby Sùpåhfást » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:31 pm

I may be able to participate, if school and family don't get in the way.

2v2, 3v3, whichever would be most suitable or needed for me to be in

other than that, it sounds fun
People are surprisingly accurate
when they’re not aiming at you.

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:27 am

hmmmmm.....

OK, change in plans....

Tuesdays is going to be our klan TDM nyte...now, thats either all of us pyle into the pub server and play at once....

OR...

we can use the no-adren server to set up and play a 'kompetative' game, complete with teams on different channels on TS, as well as the standard ole TWL setup...first map selected by the team/group ACCEPTING the challange from the team/group ISSUING the challange...format will be (typically, but can change) 3 rounds, best of 3 setup with either the score or time limit being met (whichever comes first), and the losing group being the ones who select the next map...

IE, 20 minute matches with a 80 frag limit in a 3v3 game

now, if anyone would like to try to play with other options and game settings then the 'standard', that is perfectly fine, and can be decided before the game by all players, based on a vote with majority rules, and put into play for the WHOLE SET OF GAMES, not on a map-by-map basis...

as an example of how this may go, picture a 'pickup' basketball game, who ever is there and wants to play, is in...

***REMINDER***

this is not mandatory, and completely for fun...other than earning bragging or phailing rights, nothing is gained...participation it completely optional, and should be taken in the spirit the game is intended...to goof off and have fun...this is basically for those who may want a break from the TDM regular of 'spam and die', and may want to improve themselves by using/playing another gametype and weapons...and, overall, its a great way to establish teamwork and communication...

hope to see people interested!!...FRAG YA LATER!!

-Nyte

Please post if this may interest you, for no other reason then so we can see how many people may be up for this sort of thing...o, and these matches if they are semi-regular would even be great entertainment to even just spec and enjoy...personally, there are some matchups out there that i'd like to watch and see how they pan out...

Prozac

Postby Prozac » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:08 am

Thanks for working on this Nyte and Sid---------------> Mainly Nyte :lol: I'm in. I want to see what it's like and gain the experience from it. Could you possibly post the specs on the TWL options or a link to another site that explains it well? :?: Also if you could list some basic tips, on the TDM gametype, from you more experienced players would be nice, so I have some stuff to practice on.

Unless something crazy happens, I'll be standing in line at the TDM soupline this coming Tuesday.

Best, Prozac 8) :wink: :!: :x :shock: :o :oops: :P :mrgreen: :D :idea: :arrow:

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”