UT3 mods

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

UT3 mods

Postby Sideous Prime » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:49 pm

other than new titan pack, here is a list of mods i found for ut3:

1. Last Team Standing - formerly TAM
2. Thor "Lightning Gun"
3. Dodge Jump
4. Fast Weapon Switch

All of these will help make UT3 more like 2k4 in playability.
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Re: UT3 mods

Postby Sideous Prime » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:00 am

i installed ut3 yesterday. i also installed the mods i mentioned above with the exception of fast weapon switching. that mod isn't needed with the most recent patch. i also installed a brightskins mod. yes, it's needed and if you keep reading, you'll find out why.

before i get into a shpiel about LMS(TAM) or the maps, let me talk about what it took to make the maps playable. mind you, all of this is before the release of the newest Titan Patch that will be released in a couple weeks. hopefully some or all of these issues will be addressed.

1. in order to be able to play many of these maps, significant changes have to be made to the UTEngine.ini file. because the current POS UI sucks so bad and is so dumbed down, you can't make many, if any, changes to your display settings. that means your only alternative is to roll up your sleeves and do it in the appropriate .ini file. after making the right changes (as described by a ut forum) the maps were nice and bright and i could see everything. the only problem was i could see everything. you didn't misread. there is so much detail on the walls and floors and everything else it's really distracting. so some modifications are in store. also, after playing a couple of games, my eyes were actually sore from concentrating that hard for that long. ut3 is not 2k4.

2. is ut3 fun? YES. but it's a different game. the makers didn't want to do 2k4 with new graphics. it's much faster paced. after installing mutators like jumpdodge, LG, and TAM it's as close to 2k4 as it will get. instead of the small shield you get a belt, instead of the super shield you get a large armored vest. after making the modifications, the graphics are great. it made the game so much easier, but it's not 2k4. given the stock maps that came pre-installed, ut3 is a spammers game. it's meant to be in your face. it's not much of a hitscanners game nor is it very equally balanced. however, with brightskins, the shock rifle and the LG with the right maps, a player can easily become a good hitscanner.

3. TAM is nearly identical to it's 2k4 counterpart. but i still have to play more on this one. i haven't played with it enough to know if it will satisfy the current community. i do know there something that looks like a big ass *************** radar in the top right corner that is annoying as hell and doesn't do anything.

4. YES you can pipe your weapons switch. it's just coded differently than it used to be.

5. there are more maps available for download and thank God. maps like ironic, rankin, and idoma should all be welcome additions. IMO, the key to being able to play this game for long periods of time is turning off all the details that don't matter.

6. the lightning gun is fucking amazing. what it lacks in zoom it makes up for in close quarter playability. it also takes the place of the sniper rifle, which is nice.

7. the stock maps tend to be smaller with more cramped spaces much like compressed. it's notable to say that they also put more ground clutter in the game for you to trip on. i might have to say that in certain respects, ut3 takes more concentration and more skill that 2k4. on the flip side, lacking serious hitscan properties(mostly due to map selection) the same can be said about 2k4.

8. if you don't turn it off after install you will after your first game....auto taunt will make you want to slit your wrists.

9. dodgejump works just the same as 2k4

10. even with mods named above, with the addition of brightskins, don't expect ut3 to be 2k4. it's a new game.

Deadly
Clan Leader

Postby Deadly » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:06 am

And, where are these mods and instructions for piped switching weapons to be found?
Deadly

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:39 am

here's a great site for a lot of .ini tweaking:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9363708

hope that helps

Prozac

Postby Prozac » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:32 pm

Sideous Prime wrote:8. if you don't turn it off after install you will after your first game....auto taunt will make you want to slit your wrists.

Much like listening to Prozac's life story huh Sid? LOL HOLY BUCKETS

Warmest regards, the Prozackian Warlord :lol: :twisted:

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:00 pm

w/e pro-crack
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

Deadly
Clan Leader