Need specific advice for LG and Shock Primary

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Prozac

Need specific advice for LG and Shock Primary

Postby Prozac » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:57 am

Hey everyone, I been coming across a lot of great hitscanners lately and I'm trying to learn how to be able to fight them with confidence. ;)

Specifically I'm wondering how to put my crosshair on them and pop them before they get me. You know when you get into a LG/SHK primary battle and you just have to fight your best or run.

I've tried the following movements to improve my chances:

1. Using the tight circling method of F,L,B,R until my crosshair comes across their hitbox and then firing. (F,L,B,R=Forward,Left,Back,Right in continuous repitition.)

2. Tried tracing them - like following them with my xhair and landing a shot.

3. Tried dodging them and shooting while in midair.

Either way they are getting me more than I am hitting them.:rolleyes:

What should I do, or what am I not doing, to get as tight as these great long/medium range hitscanners are.

Is there a certain way to approach this kind of duel and what is the BEST way to land shots while not getting shot?

I hope I've made this post clear, if not would you please ask me for clarification so I can help you help me, better.:D

Thanks for any and all advice, Prozac :)

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Re: Need specific advice for LG and Shock Primary

Postby Sideous Prime » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:09 am

couple things here about playing hitscanners and one about super-rox which i'll get too a bit later.

a good hitscanner will pop out from anywhere from any direction and shoot your face, your ass, your chest, your foot, it doesn't matter. you may or may not see them. it may or may not be possible to shoot them back. more importantly, you may not have time to switch weapons to either the LG or shock to shoot them first or return fire.

the best way i have found to play a good hitscanner is too exploit their weakness. for example, even though i consider myself a descent hitscanner, anarchy will pick me off of a flagpole much faster than i can do the same to him. however, if i can confront him up close and use my best weapon, i'll win almost every time.

same thing with rom. rom would kick my ass with the LG time after time. i started to get in close and he had a hard time countering that. it was not only worth the satisfaction but worth hearing him get pissed off as well. he learned how to defend that though. so you have to constantly learn your enemies.

that's the way i like to handle a good hitscanner. IMO, a good hitscanner will never let their opponent get anywhere near them. most of them would rather keep their enemies at long range.

now, super-rox. if you want to keep super-rox at bay, use his own tactics against him.
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:35 pm

I know it's hard, but try not to go airborne. Airborne means you have no control over where you are going and you are an easier target while in the air and while landing.

Sid mentioned bringing the fight in their face. One reason a hit scan player will often fail in a close battle is because their sensitivity is usually so low they can't spin around in order to track you when the fight is up close.

ANARC][Y

Postby ANARC][Y » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:34 pm

I will usually run or stalk with LG in hand and try to land a shot. I will try and follow up with shock. That's 110 damage. Add another 70 if you headshot first. I will try to finish with mini or flak, sometimes link secondary.
I use a red dot crosshair for LG and a small purple circle for shock. Some guys use movement side to side to line up shots, others aim the mouse. For me I think I use movement more. A lot of "skill" is due to what I call twitch- a trained reaction to a given situation.
My favorite shot is a good shock combo. I wish I could hit more of them.
I use 90 FOV.
I use a trackball ( My 13 year old logitech trackman marble plus > any mouse 8) ). Sensitivity set at 1.75, mouse smoothing at 0.3 and 0.0 accel.
Don't Run- You'll Die Tired!
Don't Mess With Texas!

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”