Call this my need to know...

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Duffy

Re: Call this my need to know...

Postby Duffy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:05 pm

Oh wow this is friggin hilarious sorry but it is. Have I changed things in my ini file hell yeah don't play my own footsteps, FOV 120, no coronas, brightskins, blah blah blah, are these hacks NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just because someone took the time to make changes to their ini file to make them better people want to call then a cheat that total BS! Guess what if they did not want people to be able to change these things it would have never been there in the first place. Ini file changes have been done in UT since UT99 and all the way to UT3 (which sucked anyways). Everyone gets questioned on their gameplay at one time or the other, hell Ace I have questioned you before, but you know what I let it go it's a game if you dont like playing with certain people then guess what DONT FRIGGIN PLAY!!!!

Sorry not meant to offend anyone but I have known Sug a long damn time and have never questioned him nor will I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity !

Prozac

Postby Prozac » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:23 pm

SugaFree wrote:Now we're just splitting hairs.

I'd like to split hairs with your avatar, Sug, while I'm editing my ini.

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:25 pm

ok, this is annoying me now, so im going to be very blunt...and most people here knows that mean i go beyond not holding back my opinions...

**Read on if you dare, if not here is your warning to bypass my entry**

last chance......

ok, first, some points...

-this was brought up once before...we went through the same BS, one side saying one thing, and the other side saying their thing, and absolutely NOTHING was rectified or decided, other then the fact that the 2 sides disagreed....so, in that vein, WTF is this for now?!? going through the same nonsense since ppl are bored?!? who really cares....first of all, this game is HOW OLD?! why should it matter now anyways....hell, UT2k$ isnt even supported properly anymore....this i one big clusterfk of a waste of time, and i personally feel that to continue this any longer just proves stupidity (ill let you decide in which direction).....

-now to call people out by name...ace and trin, you do realize that for 98% of the .ini, all it does and saves is ones own preferences? there really is nothing much there to give you any advantage....u 2 believe that you should only use the GUI to adjust it....well, thats nyce and all, and that is your stance....there is no rule here, nor will there ever be, about having to only make changes to anyones .ini through the user interface.....where would the denial of changes end? team colors? names? crosshairs? these are all legit changes that can be made in the GUI, or *suprise* in the .ini itself....does it really matter?? i have many, many different lines of code, but they correspond to other game types i play....my .ini is far from stock, however the changes ive made to my .ini in terms of game affecting things is minimal....to be exact, 1 simple thing....mouse speed. it is under the GUI minimum....and i could not alter that in the GUI, so i fixed it in the .ini....hell, i still use my mouse wheel to change weapons (pros have literally laughed at me when ive said that, and i shut them up with a flak sandwich in game).....y, u ask? kuz it works for me, and thats all.....sid's setup? ive seen it, and there is no what i could even consider playing off his .ini kuz he playz like a MFing contortionist.....but, it works for him.....--->ok, i will concede you both one valid point, if you are playing 1v1, and the server allows you to mod the rolloff settings, then that is a clear advantage, and i would consider that a hack that gives an advantage....now, y only in 1v1? kuz you get deffened by the sounds of the whole level when we are in 6v6 TAM, and can not tell where anyone or anything is....and, for the record, yes, i have tried to mod this in a Instant Action game once, and for me, it sucked large donkey nutz (once sid was done slurping them)....

-next callout, same 2 people.....where the fk did either one of you 2 get the clue or notion that we had to answer to either one of you about our .ini-s? ace, your not a member anymore, by personal choice, so you are guest on our servers now....first of all, coments that were made to sug, or newest member were uncalled for, and pissed off alot of people yesterday....if you would like to continue being a guest here, id advise to put your comments more tactifully...and yes, i may not have a title of a 'leader', but i do pack the same banhammer they do.....except myne has a filed down front sight, and one hell of a light trigger pull....this is not a threat....or a veiled threat.....its just is....ur call on how you react to it----> now trin, you are still a member, and have the same voice and vote that we all do....however there are some things that weaken your stance....like the fact this was brought up before....no resolution there, just the decision that in the end, everyone agreed to disagree.....and 2....until lately, you have been here like 2 times before the semi-regular play you have been doing....that is like an average of like once or twice a month....now thats fine, life intervenes, and other things come up....this doesent diminish the potency of your vote or opinion, but, it creats a severe case of being disjointed with the 'regular' group who is current, knows what is going on, and well, hell, is bacically on TS nytely....it does make a huge difference when deciding matters.....now, please notice that despite all this crap, we did address your concerns, and even held up the finialization of the vote....something IMO, that should not have happened....bluntly put, skill is what owns you, not .ini setups......u dont play often? u get pwned.....keep in mind, we are all playing the same members with their individual .ini settings, and many of us can still overcome what advantages you may percieve....sug an i have great fights...they last all round at times....same with sid and sug.....but, in the end, its the player, not the code of the game that determines this....frankly, practice and put in the time to get better or seriously, shut the fk up....

-last major issue that really gets me mad, is the complaint of lag or the way the server is behaving---now ace, again you are a guest here...u dont like it, or its an issue for u?....then watch a DVD, read a book, find another server, masterbate, i really dont care, just shut the fk up and play, or dont, dont wanna hear whining....and same goes for u trin....if you did not share cable with a neighbor through CAT5 (more like CAT2 the way you bitch about it) cable, it probably would help your connection...that and having decent equipment, as well as the skill and intelligence to use it effectively, would be a major plus....what you 2 need to realize, is even in a LAN game, there is lag.....there is definitely lag on the internet, and that will NEVER change...the only game with no lag would be instant action (and their still may be lag if u have a bunch of background processes running).....we all suck it up and deal with it, and any number of things can affect the route and connection of the server to your computer....o, and btw, no individual skin lags either....ive heard that arguement 1 to many frikkin tymes.....is not lag, its called dodging....that and anticipation.....fine, then use forceskins.....awww, still getting owned? then more then likely it is a skill descrepency, not a computer/internet/global warming/ice cap melting/fossil fuel/air quality or what your having for lunch issue.....

bottom line is this....you both are more then welcome to come here, and play here, and have fun here....as of now, this is done, no more complaints or arguements....no one has a right to 'need to know' anything else, short of one of the admins or leaders

u dont like it here? dont like the policy? LEAVE....there are other places to play UT2K4, or you can do something else with your time....we have been more then blessed by PewterDragn to provide us with $$FREE OF CHARGE$$ wonderful servers, TS, these boards and the ability to create as many other game servers as we may like depending on the situation....im more then greatful, especially in this economy, and will not insult him by letting this stupid crap continue....stay or leave, but we are done here.....
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:54 pm

if you guys have anything else to say to anyone regarding this topic, you can finish it over PM's.

As of now, this thread is locked.
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”