Well, my wife cheated on me...

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Ace

Re: Well, my wife cheated on me...

Postby Ace » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:32 pm

That's another thing I don't get, consoles and TVs. 1080 looks good on a TV, but unless I'm missing something, big deal. 1900x1200 on a 24" screen looks better. 1900x1200 on a 42" or larger TV isn't going to look as good. Period. It's no fault of consoles that they are required to be played on TV's, but from what I've seen I've never been impressed. Trin's Mom has a PS3 and a 50" HDTV and I've played Madden 08 on it and quite frankly I think the playbook screen reminded me of a 8-bit Tecmo Bowl screen on the Nintendo twenty years ago, it looked that bad. My PC version is far superior.

It just doesn't scale right. My Canon camera takes pics at 3888x2592, it laughs at 1900x1200. I still wouldn't make a print bigger then 20x30 (which I'm pretty sure is still smaller then a 42" TV). I'm sure I could, but any larger then that size, image quality is going to suffer. Same holds true for 1080 on a 60" TV vs. 24" monitor it isn't a contest. A shitty 20" standard def TV has what a resolution of 480x320 or something like that. Multiply that by three and that 60" bitching HDTV is almost the same res as that TV that we now think is shit! There is some gain there, but really is pretty minimal. It is absolutely impossible to sell me that a console hooked to a TV is going to be better.

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:09 pm

Ace I don’t know what TV your moms got but my SONY Bravia looks just as good as my monitor and it’s in full 1080p HD and no scaling. The option menus are razor sharp def not like an old school video game. Could be she has a projection screen or a plasma because with an LCD with a low response time the picture is banging. The set I just bought has a contrast ratio of 18000:1 which brings a depth of color my Samsung monitor can’t touch.

That camera sounds nice you must get some amazing detail in those pictures.

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Enlight_2.0

Postby Enlight_2.0 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:54 pm

Hmmm with games like Portal, Bioshock, COD4, and The Witcher released just last year to name a few, i don't how PC gaming is dying. I think his tool isn't as sharp as it use to be. That or he sold out to Microsoft and this is just the echo of what Microsoft whispered in his ear.

I ended up selling my version of UT3 to a friend i disliked it so much.

Weak.

At least we still have UT2K4! :lol:
Always outnumbered, never out gunned.

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”