Editing Map Load tips! omg!

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Naix

Editing Map Load tips! omg!

Postby Naix » Mon May 08, 2006 6:49 pm

Yep, thats right, you can make those annoying tips while the map is loading say whatever the hell you want. Curious?

Ok, gonna teach you how to do this for whoever wants to know or wants to bother reading all this.

First, go into your UT system folder, usually C:\UT2004\System. Look for the file UnrealGame.int and open it up in notepad or wordpad. Keep in mind that each gametype has it's own tips. You'll notice that the game developers organized each part of the game with words in brackets at the begining of each section of code. Not only that, but it's in alphebetical order. gg Epic.

Search for the gametype you want. The gametypes I usually edit are [DeathMatch], [TeamGame] and [CTFGame]. Under those "markers" you'll find a line of hints. For example:

DMHints=("Every weapon has two firing modes, a regular fire mode when you press %FIRE% and an alternate fire mode when you press %ALTFIRE%.")

This is the easy part. Just edit what the text in between the quotes is. If you want it to choose form multiple hints, make sure each one has it's own quotes and seperate each one by a comma. Besides that you can put whatever you want in there, just make sure you close the parenthasees. Here's an example:

DMHints=("You can train a n00b, but he'll just be a trained n00b.", "GLHF")

GL and happy editing!
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon May 08, 2006 7:28 pm

I have one that says, 'head shot naix often, he enjoys sitting out between rounds of tam.' :lol:

Naix

Postby Naix » Mon May 08, 2006 7:54 pm

nonstop wrote:I have one that says, 'head shot naix often, he enjoys sitting out between rounds of tam.' :lol:

yeah? well i have one that says "make sure to get a big glob of l337sauce in nons face, he likes it rough"
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Mon May 08, 2006 8:45 pm

Ruffbutsechs, ya?

Naix

Postby Naix » Tue May 09, 2006 6:54 am

Only on fridays :wink:

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Tue May 09, 2006 7:08 am

I changed all mine to say "Quit playing this stupid game and get motivated!"

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”