UT: Revolution, Alpha released...

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

BeerNut

UT: Revolution, Alpha released...

Postby BeerNut » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:58 pm

I'm not sure how many of you have been following this, but the Alpha version of a complete UT99 conversion MOD has been released for UT2k4.

I doubt that it will hold my long term interest, but it could be a fun trip down nostalgia lane to revisit the game that hooked me on the Unreal series...

Links:
http://www.unreal.ie/dl/mods/UTR(A).zip

http://downloads.unrealadmin.org/.mirror/UTR(A).zip

http://levi.teamspeak.org/dl/redirect.php?fileid=1572
*Beer -&- UT*

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:32 pm

Beer tell me if it's fun.

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:04 pm

nonstop wrote:Beer tell me if it's fun.

I can say with great accuracy that beer is fun ;-)

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:18 am

Well... it's OK.

The weapons and movement definitely have a UT99 feel to them, but the scale seems strange... It's almost like they overcompensated for the smaller player scale of UT2k*, and everything feels REALLY cramped as a result.

Like I said... Interesting little diversion, but I doubt there's any long-term appeal with this MOD.
*Beer -&- UT*

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:40 am

BeerNut wrote:Well... it's OK.

The weapons and movement definitely have a UT99 feel to them, but the scale seems strange... It's almost like they overcompensated for the smaller player scale of UT2k*, and everything feels REALLY cramped as a result.

Like I said... Interesting little diversion, but I doubt there's any long-term appeal with this MOD.

hmmmmm.....

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:14 am

BeerNut wrote:Like I said... Interesting little diversion, but I doubt there's any long-term appeal with this MOD.

whew... now i don't have to hunt down my ut99 goty cds! :)
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

1/2LuNaTiC

Postby 1/2LuNaTiC » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:06 pm

The scale didn't bother me much. Actually felt close to 99 for me. DM-Morbias does feel a little cramped though.

Enforcer primary fires too slow and is weak as hell. Whenever I had dual inforcers they would always fire at the same time...the hell.

Rockets move soooooooooo slow. The movement speed is still UT2004 so you hop outta the way pretty easily.

I don't remember, but is the sniper rifle firing awfully fast?

For an alpha its pretty nice. They got some work to do, but I'll keep it.

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:51 pm

The part that I noticed most on the scale was the center core of Liandri... That area had a much more 'open' feel too it in UT99. In this MOD, my player feels like a giant by comparison. I am also able to traverse it MUCH more quickly than I could in UT99.

Agreed on rockets and enforcers... Although I think the slow feel of the rockets is more from a direct comparison to 2k*.

That IS the UT99 sniper... it is an overpowered BEAST. I was really hoping that they would nerf it at least a little, as it was CLEARLY not balanced in UT99... But I suppose if they are going for a carbon-copy of UT99, there will be good and bad. :?
*Beer -&- UT*

1/2LuNaTiC

Postby 1/2LuNaTiC » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:10 pm

I guess your right...there's a reason I stuck to the Zeroping Sniper Rifle in my 56k days. 8)

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”