(CB) here is the answer nyte and rall

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

darklight

(CB) here is the answer nyte and rall

Postby darklight » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:23 am

this was post in the vctf forums

As most of you know, this clan was on its way out when a member of the clan spoke up to the admin and showed us how much this clan meant to him. We are not just a clan or a bunch of friends, we are a family. A Band of Brothers (and sisters) you might say, but a family nonetheless. That member is <r&g>icp. He may not be the best player in the clan, but he is sure loyal to the clan. In times of much needed change, he showed us the way and helped start Run and Gun get back into the right direction with a new focus, fun. We were too worried about the ladder and our reputation, and didn't think about the members and the clan itself. I personally was ready to try to get recruited elsewhere, but he helped shed some light on what is now the New Run and Gun.

Now that he has had our backs, here is some unfortunate news about his situation. He has been quiet about it in hopes that it wouldn't come back, but with his permission, he has allowed me to tell his story. Chad Brush (<r&g>icp) has a lovely wife and daughter, and fights a struggle everyday. He lives with a learning disability; his wife also has a learning disability; and his daughter was born premature. Lately, all he does is play UT2k4 because we are his family; his personal Band of Brothers. We all have taken him for granted, shared some good times with him, but only known him as <r&g>icp, the Machine Gun Turret pilot. A couple of months ago Chad was diagnosed with testicular cancer, and missed a week and a half of the clan, due to getting one of his testicles removed in hopes that it did not spread. Receiving a phone call today from Chad, I learned that the cancer has subsequently spread to his abdomen. He currently does not know of the status of the cancer and does not know if it is curable or not. Upon learning this, the first thing out of his mouth was that he would not miss a practice. I told him that his family was his priority, and he said that <r&g> is his family. I would like everyone to please say some nice words for him, and if you are religious, say some prayers for him. He will fight the cancer along with the rest of the clan, and we will support him all of the way. No matter what happens, we will be Run and Gun 4 Life. From a brother to a brother, Chad, we all love you.

<r&g>.flipSIDE.

To help support Chad, we will be wearing his initials in our tags, and invite any other clan/non-clan members from the rest of the community to also wear his initials. It is like a Cyber-Support Bracelet. The tag that Run and Gun will wear is <r&g|CB>
amd 64 x2 4800+
asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe MB
ocz platinum 1gb x 2 pc3200
WD 80gb HD
sapphire x1900xtx
OCZ game X stream 700w

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”