Game Review: Force Unleashed

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Game Review: Force Unleashed

Postby Nytefyre » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:59 pm

ok, a friend of mine rented star wars: force unleased, and i thought i give it sort of a mini review if anyone was thinking of getting it themselves...

GOOD: gameplay fun, the different force abilities fun (nothing like dropping a stormtrooper off a cliff, just kuz u can), interesting storyline, fair graphics (i was playing on a PS2), good cinemas, modified RPG format (as u get points, you can spend them on new power/ability upgrades), can restart the game with ur character skills intact once beaten, character/lightsaber/equipment customizable some, 'finishing combos/moves' like god of war (IE, button press combos), getting a chance to play as Vader in the 1st level, kool, good level design, and smacking some bad guy with a flying door is fun and funny!

BAD: hard to control at times, camera issues, only about 5-10 hours of gameplay, storyline may not line up well with the movies (depending on your POV), repetative gameplay, u find urself using the same moves/force powers all the time after u have the good 1s unlocked, illogical sometymes (if i badly force-own someone in a finishing kombo, y cant i do that anyways? lol), force lightning is fun and can be effective, but doesent always connect and is hard to target, targeting an enemy can sometymes hinder more then help

personally, i had fun, and this game makes using the force entertaining...however, there are enough downfalls to keep me from buying this one myself...id say, if u have a console, and a weekend, give it a rent, and have some fun, but it is not worth a purchase w/o serious work or a major patch or 2

concept 10/10
story 7/10 (3 or 5 if ur really into the SW universe)
gameplay 5/10
force fun 10/10
replay 3/10
length 3/10
sounds 8/10

OVERALL 44/70

this is just my opinion, and im hoping that i may help someone save some money and possibly frustration

:D
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

Trinity

Re: Game Review: Force Unleashed

Postby Trinity » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:25 am

Did you ever give Jedi Knight 2 a try on the PC. It sounds similar, and was a good time for a while.

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Re: Game Review: Force Unleashed

Postby Nytefyre » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:47 am

yar!! i have it still installed, actually

good game, and fun to blast baddies
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,

5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”