UT 2007 Preview article

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

BeerNut

UT 2007 Preview article

Postby BeerNut » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:39 pm

http://www.pcgamer.com/archives/2006/11/112706_-_unreal.html

Vee Hick Els, vee hich els, veehickels !!!!!
:x :x :x
*Beer -&- UT*

Naix

Postby Naix » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:56 pm

Dammit

New vehicles may be fun at first, but not if they base the whole damn game on it. Hope they focus on some other stuff...
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Postby Nytefyre » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:23 pm

i agree

the other modes are kool, but it MUST keep to what makes UT gr8....

if not, i think it may be a flop.... :(
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:59 pm

Chill, all they talked about for ut04 was veehicles too because it's all the rage with the nubs. If this was being outsourced to another company like they did with quake 4 I would worry, but it will be fine so chill nubs! :lol:

The moment I heard ID gave Quake 4 to Raven I was... :( And it turned out... :roll: And I was :evil:

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:28 am

nonstop wrote:Chill, all they talked about for ut04 was veehicles too because it's all the rage with the nubs. ...

True... But there is one BIG difference between this release and 2004's. Epic will be releasing 2007 on a console right out of the gate.
And as every knows, precision shooting FPS's don't work well on consoles... but third-person vehicles do.

I'm not overly worried (yet)... but I would REALLY like to see some articles that focus on 2007's FPS mechanics, and old-school gametypes. I realize that we are probably not the audience that they are trying to appeal to (since we will probably buy the game, regardless).
But it would be a nice thank you from Epic for me wasting about a decade of my life playing UT games :D
*Beer -&- UT*

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:50 am

BeerNut wrote:
nonstop wrote:Chill, all they talked about for ut04 was veehicles too because it's all the rage with the nubs. ...

True... But there is one BIG difference between this release and 2004's. Epic will be releasing 2007 on a console right out of the gate.
And as every knows, precision shooting FPS's don't work well on consoles... but third-person vehicles do.

I'm not overly worried (yet)... but I would REALLY like to see some articles that focus on 2007's FPS mechanics, and old-school gametypes. I realize that we are probably not the audience that they are trying to appeal to (since we will probably buy the game, regardless).
But it would be a nice thank you from Epic for me wasting about a decade of my life playing UT games :D

Well, they didn't screw up Gears of War, so hopefully they won't with this one.

}EXILED{Delamer

Postby }EXILED{Delamer » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:18 pm

yeah keep in mind peeps that the vehicles are MAINLY for the console. the pc version is made up mostly of team orented/1v1. and from what i have read thats the direction there going on pc.
Trust me i have a hell of a time moving and shooting . low sensitiviy= no manuverability in vehicles. now on a console. this is not and issue .
trust me i have this game and it rocks on xbox360 . but its still no ut2k4 . http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/117 ... 2-Trailer/

glad to see them taking some of the weapons off the console though. the weapons are more fun on my xbox then on the pc. oh yeah and melee rocks imo.
These weapons have been CONFIRMED:

Impact Hammer - returning from its absence in UT2003 and UT2004, most likely replacing the shield gun.
Dual Enforcers - The favorite from the original UT makes its return.
Canister Gun - has three firing modes: Grenade Launcher, Mine Layer and Bio Rifle. Different types of ammunition will be needed for each firing mode.
Shock Rifle - observation of E3 demo videos shows that the fire rate will probably be higher than in UT2004.
Link Gun
Tarydium Stinger - this weapon, previously seen in Unreal and Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict, will replace the Minigun. Rumors say that it will have the ability to nail opponents to walls.
Flak Cannon
Rocket Launcher - Primary fire will function similarly to the UT2004 rocket launcher with the ability to fire up to three rockets. It will also have an alternate function to fire up to three grenades as well. Plus I am pretty sure that the weapon is also supposed to be able to shoot 12 Drunken rockets.
AVRiL - Expected to appear in all vehicular gametypes (Onslaught, Unreal Warfare, CTF), expect the Anti-Vehicular Rocket Launcher to be similar to its UT2004 predecessor.
Sniper Rifle - Expect something similar to UT2004's Sniper Rifle rather than UT2003's Lightning Gun.
Translocator
Redeemer
Target Painter - Epic plans to allow the Target Painter to control level-specific hazards in UT2007.

Most of the weapons are apparently being given design overhauls. Though fans of previous UT games may be able to distinguish a certain weapon from its appearance, most of the weapons bear very little resemblance to those of UT2004.

The game may also feature deployable devices such as security cameras but not much is known about these yet.
"He who guards his lips guards his soul."
Proverbs 13:3

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”