Interesting read

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

Nytefyre
Clan Whore

Interesting read

Postby Nytefyre » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:55 am

its nothing most of us dont already kno, but there are a few good points/insights in this article...

http://ut2004.gameamp.com/article/viewArticle/289.php

also...

http://ut2004.gameamp.com/article/viewArticles/89.php

id say im a tier 2...and sad to say, i dont have the desire or tyme anymore to strive for higher....ive resigned myself to just playing for fun, and just trying to pull my own weight for my team... :wink:
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Consentrated Power of Will,
5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember The Name

Naix

Postby Naix » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:24 am

Im tier -1 8)
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:14 pm

Clearly I'm a Tier 5. Good articles though.
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

ClownMajik
SpoogeMan!

Postby ClownMajik » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:20 pm

Soulja wrote:Clearly I'm a Tier 5. Good articles though.

Tier 5 does not say professional hacker soulja omg.
"Of all the moments in my life, you were always there somewhere. Once as a wish. Once as a blessing. And now as the greatest loss I'll ever experience."

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:21 pm

ClownMajik wrote:
Soulja wrote:Clearly I'm a Tier 5. Good articles though.

Tier 5 does not say professional hacker soulja omg.

lawlllll
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Mr.Hyde

Postby Mr.Hyde » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:33 pm

I must be tier 3. I like to piss off those FFA punks with mah shield gun. :D :lol:

Me and my shield gun are gonna pull a Michael Jackson with ya. ;)

Naix

Postby Naix » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:35 am

Some games on fract i pwn with the ass. rifle only, then my team bitches because they didnt win :shock:
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

Rom

Postby Rom » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:18 pm

lmao naix :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Deadly Frenchies

Mr.Hyde

Postby Mr.Hyde » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:22 pm

Naix wrote:Some games on fract i pwn with the ass. rifle only, then my team bitches because they didnt win :shock:

That sort of thing happens to me a lot with my shield.
I'll get the highest score on my team (or close to it).
Then everyone will be like "why don't you use a gun n00b"

It is a gun.... shield GUN. :D

Happens to me all the time in purg and TI.
Funny though.

Naix

Postby Naix » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:28 pm

Mr.Hyde wrote:
Naix wrote:Some games on fract i pwn with the ass. rifle only, then my team bitches because they didnt win :shock:

That sort of thing happens to me a lot with my shield.
I'll get the highest score on my team (or close to it).
Then everyone will be like "why don't you use a gun n00b"

It is a gun.... shield GUN. :D

Happens to me all the time in purg and TI.
Funny though.

It was funny though, because the next map a guy named noob said "oh damn, i got naix on my team." I must admit, i gave in and stooped to his level, casting my "fun" aside and timed the shield, pulling top scorer at the end, with him in 3rd or 4th place. Not with the assualt rifle, i played seriously. In the end after our team won, i asked him, "that better noob? does it feel good to win?"

His reply, "not really"

I swear, some people take this game way to seriously and all fun is lost for them.

The day i stop having fun with this game (even when non is pwning me) i'll uninstall and punch president bush (and maybe a midget) :wink:

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:41 am

Yeah... I've got a love/hate relationship with Frac/Purg myself :?

On one hand it's virtually a guaranteed intense game, with good players. And occassionally, a REAL solid player will show up (I had a blast the other night playing against x6.elix).
On the other hand, like Naix said... the overall atmosphere is nothing short of uptight. Everyone plays like it's the CPL finals and no one has ANY tolerance for someone just playing for fun, or if a newer player shows up that isn't very good.

I suppose that the best approach would be to simply shut off the chat text in the hud completely, and just play.
*Beer -&- UT*

Naix

Postby Naix » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:14 am

BeerNut wrote:Yeah... I've got a love/hate relationship with Frac/Purg myself :?

On one hand it's virtually a guaranteed intense game, with good players. And occassionally, a REAL solid player will show up (I had a blast the other night playing against x6.elix).
On the other hand, like Naix said... the overall atmosphere is nothing short of uptight. Everyone plays like it's the CPL finals and no one has ANY tolerance for someone just playing for fun, or if a newer player shows up that isn't very good.

I suppose that the best approach would be to simply shut off the chat text in the hud completely, and just play.

Exactly, some idiot always makes remarks about the less skilled players on their team after every game. Guess thats why it has turned into a bunch of grudgeful elitist assholes.

I used to think YO saltywad was a huge asshole, and after playing a game one morning with him, he futhered my idea. After i would kill him, i'd see "noob" "omg" , etc. pop up in the chat window from him. I told him he was taking this way too seriously, and in the end he apologized to me. I was shocked. I know not everyone that plays on the fract/purg are egotistical morons, but there sure are alot of them.

Oh ya, and elix pwns :wink:

Mr.Hyde

Postby Mr.Hyde » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:54 pm

Naix wrote:
BeerNut wrote:Yeah... I've got a love/hate relationship with Frac/Purg myself :?

Exactly, some idiot always makes remarks about the less skilled players on their team after every game. Guess thats why it has turned into a bunch of grudgeful elitist assholes.

I used to think YO saltywad was a huge asshole, and after playing a game one morning with him, he futhered my idea. After i would kill him, i'd see "noob" "omg" , etc. pop up in the chat window from him. I told him he was taking this way too seriously, and in the end he apologized to me. I was shocked. I know not everyone that plays on the fract/purg are egotistical morons, but there sure are alot of them.

Oh ya, and elix pwns :wink:

The name "Salty Wad" itself pisses me off...

That's disgusting and shows how vulgar and ignorant you are.

Well... I mean, not YOu, him of coarse...

Ok, i'm done. :?

Mr.Hyde

Postby Mr.Hyde » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:58 pm

But yeah, purg is ok, a lot of people who don't like the way I play, and 95% of other players though. :wink:

Fract is a little out of my league though.

I like Ti the best because I can enjoy myself there. :D Just wish people were on more often...

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”