Hurt

Whatever Unreal topics you can dream up.

Moderator: ForumModerators

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:22 am

I'm not into the real hard stuff but I respect musicians regardless of the style/genre and Trent Reznor is a major talent. My fav NIN song, Hurt. I liked some of the ambient stuff they did in Quake 2 as well. Trent was supposed to work on quake3 but that fell through.

Speaking of....

My NIN playlist got jacked up in JetAudio.... I flashed my bios. 8)

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:49 am

Hurt was awesome man, he had a sick lightshow. For that song you could only see his black outline in the middle of a purple glow that was around him in a circle, it was sick. They also had this huge cage that they would put down in front of the stage and then when the screen had lights on it together with the fog it made a sick 3d image that you could barley tell what you were looking at. It was nice. He played piano, guitar, bongos and whatever else was on stage.

Non I am not sure what music you are into but I think if you don’t know them you should check out Willie and Lobo. They are laid back Spanish style guitarists and they rule. I have the album Siete and I bet the others are just as good. It just puts you in a good mood and also its good for the alone time with the lady if you know what im saying. Makes me feel like a gun fighter. 1337.

http://www.hypermex.com/html/nght_lb.htm

The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.

Sir Winston Churchill, Speech at Harvard University, September 6, 1943

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:09 pm

Hurt rocks. i must say i first heard hurt by johnny cash. mr. cash is my hero and hurt was the last triumph of his monsterous career. reznor wrote a great song. i saw an interview where reznor said he was upset that "hurt" was being covered by, i believe he put it "an old man" but when he heard the song and saw the video he said "it's not just my song now, it's a johnny cash song."

check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go&search=hurt
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:50 pm

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash... 8)

He rules man I love that version of the song. The frailty in his voice makes that song so powerful. I thought that movie about him was great too.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:50 pm

Sideous Prime wrote:Hurt rocks. i must say i first heard hurt by johnny cash. mr. cash is my hero and hurt was the last triumph of his monsterous career. reznor wrote a great song. i saw an interview where reznor said he was upset that "hurt" was being covered by, i believe he put it "an old man" but when he heard the song and saw the video he said "it's not just my song now, it's a johnny cash song."

check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go&search=hurt

Wow, I just teared up. I love JC and I had heard him do that many times but had not seen the vid. He really poured some passion into it.

He, in true JC fashion, did make the song his own.

Don't know if you have seen NIN version but here is one live. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj3XxswO ... nin%20hurt

Houdini the concert sounded great. I need to take one in. Also do you have any links to the spanish guitar music? I didn't see any on the one you have there?

Houdini

Postby Houdini » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:03 pm

Here ya go all the cd titles are listed below on the page and I bet you can search the web using there names. Like I said the one I have is Siete and it rules. You press play and I swear you you feel like your about to have a gunfught. Then there are parts that are great to just grab your girl and have a nice slow dance around the living room. I think if you put the two together it would be like killing some dude in a gunfight and then slow dacing with his girl in the street around his lifeless body. Man I would of made one hell of a gunfighter.

:twisted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000034B6/sr=8-1/qid=1150743141/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-9903640-5467947?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:36 pm

Thanks non. that's a good performance. i had heard the original cut before but never live. there's just something about live performances.
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

BeerNut

Postby BeerNut » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:37 pm

Reznor is freakishly talented... That guy has a strange way of capturing emotion in music that is really effective.

If anyone remembers the PC Game "Alice", by American McGee... Trent did some ambient background music for that game that was unbelievably emmersive. :o
*Beer -&- UT*

pewterdragn
Clan Leader

Postby pewterdragn » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:22 pm

BeerNut wrote:Reznor is freakishly talented... That guy has a strange way of capturing emotion in music that is really effective.

If anyone remembers the PC Game "Alice", by American McGee... Trent did some ambient background music for that game that was unbelievably emmersive. :o

Oh yeah! I still got that game! :)

Did you know they are making that into a movie with Sarah Michelle Gellar? Buffy+Alice= KickAZZ!!
1337 (_)И][× HàЖØ®§ p\/\/И

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:36 pm

pewterdragn wrote:
BeerNut wrote:Reznor is freakishly talented... That guy has a strange way of capturing emotion in music that is really effective.

Oh yeah! I still got that game! :)

Did you know they are making that into a movie with Sarah Michelle Gellar? Buffy+Alice= KickAZZ!!

Ya beer I forgot all about that contribution and I had heard that they were making it into a movie. :shock: Should be interesting.

Return to “ut: open unreal forums”