For Sid and Non

Pop, Rock, Hip Hop, Country... It's all good!

Moderator: ForumModerators

Soulja

For Sid and Non

Postby Soulja » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:08 pm

Check this out guys. I told Sid about this Non, but I received a 50 year old Plywood Kay bass in the beginning of the summer, and finally fixed it up in September. I put about $1600 into it (it didnt have a fingerboard, the procedure alone was $1500!), and I bought some other things, but here are some pics. Sry the first one is kind of blurry...

"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

law.of.averages

Postby law.of.averages » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:44 pm

sorry, i don't see the fish in either of those pictures. Is it behind the fiddle?

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:34 pm

Awesome soulja. Nothing gets you going like a new or refinished instrument. Make some great music on it.

Sideous Prime
Clan Leader

Postby Sideous Prime » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:50 pm

very nice souja, very nice
"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on!"

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:32 pm

Nice, I like! I was down at a local music shop a couple weeks ago messing around on a $3000 bass. Fun stuff! =)

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:38 pm

Yea, and the sad thing is, $3000 is cheap. My teacher just bought a $150,000 bass !!!! :shock:
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Naix

Postby Naix » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:35 pm

Is bill gates your teacher? jesus
World War III will be fought using atomic weapons, the war after that will be fought using sticks and stones.

Yrrek

Postby Yrrek » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:38 pm

Well, it isn't cheap for me lol!

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:05 pm

I still remember back in high school when one of my good friends and jazz band compadres told me his dad had to take a 2nd mortgage out on his house to get his upright bass. I just didn't have any idea that they could run so much.

It paid off though, he plays in the San Fransisco Symphony now. He got in right out of college which was a major achievement.

D1AMOND{RS}

Postby D1AMOND{RS} » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:07 am

and one time at band camp..... :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:10 pm

nonstop wrote:I still remember back in high school when one of my good friends and jazz band compadres told me his dad had to take a 2nd mortgage out on his house to get his upright bass. I just didn't have any idea that they could run so much.

It paid off though, he plays in the San Fransisco Symphony now. He got in right out of college which was a major achievement.

LOL I was talking to a friend of mine who knows John Pattitucci (very famous bass player for those who dont know) and John makes A LOT of money playing music, and HE had to take out a $250,000 to pay for a bass he couldnt take care of himself LOL. Its ridiculous. The best thing about being in a famous symphony, is whenever you sign to them, you get a no limit business credit card. And they say "Ok go out and buy whatever expensive instrument you want." No Joke.

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:31 pm

Soulja wrote:
nonstop wrote:I still remember back in high school when one of my good friends and jazz band compadres told me his dad had to take a 2nd mortgage out on his house to get his upright bass. I just didn't have any idea that they could run so much.

LOL I was talking to a friend of mine who knows John Pattitucci (very famous bass player for those who dont know) and John makes A LOT of money playing music, and HE had to take out a $250,000 to pay for a bass he couldnt take care of himself LOL. Its ridiculous. The best thing about being in a famous symphony, is whenever you sign to them, you get a no limit business credit card. And they say "Ok go out and buy whatever expensive instrument you want." No Joke.

John, as you know soulja, is one of my favorites. Definately one of the more diverse guys on the scene.

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:50 pm

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of his electric playing, but his upright is pretty ridiculous.

Return to “music in mind”