My Music

Pop, Rock, Hip Hop, Country... It's all good!

Moderator: ForumModerators

Soulja

My Music

Postby Soulja » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:14 pm

Check it out guys. I recorded a song today, but it's not mastered yet. So download it, and turn up the volume, it's very low.

I took one of the songs I hate the most in the world, and turned it into something more.

It was a rap song by the Ying Yang Twins, called "Wait (The Whisper Song)." I did a version on my bass only, using a loop pedal.

Heres the original version by the Ying Yang Twins. Clicky

And here is my version on myspace. Clicky

Let me know what you think guys...
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

Avaris

Postby Avaris » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:25 pm

Note, those are the same people who did a song that had the line, "That ho don't want no mo', that bitch betta have my dough!"

Soulja

Postby Soulja » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:45 pm

Well this song was an experiment for me. It was meant to be humorous ONLY. I went through a stage of artistic development when I was at school. And I basically told myself, that I had to find a song that I hated the most, and use it in a more musical way for me to appreciate the song more. I basically took a genre of music I "hated" for a certain reason and explored it, and really broke it apart and listened. And this song is the result...
"Son look at all the people linin' up for plastic, wouldnt you like to see them in the national geographic? Squatting bare assed in the dirt eatin' rice from a bowl, with a towel on their head and maybe a bone in their nose?"

=A!M=NuGe

Postby =A!M=NuGe » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:51 pm

Soulja, you look just like Little John wearing that Thrashers jersey. :P

nonstop

Postby nonstop » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:07 am

The song goes no where so was hard to hear even your remade version for me. A few interesting things in your solo layer going on but some of the rhythm/timing of your solo seemed off to me? Maybe it was in the mix not sure.

Return to “music in mind”